Re: The Sopranos, "All Time Favorite Episode" - Semi-Finals:

Bracket A:

Funhouse (season 2) vs. The Sopranos, Pilot (season 1)

Funhouse (season 2) (Dir: John Patterson; Writers: David Chase and Todd A. Kessler)
Tony gets food poisoning the day before Meadow's graduation; while trying to recover, his dreams lead him to resurrect old suspicions about an old friend. The FBI executes a search warrant, and arrests Tony.

The Sopranos Pilot (Dir: David Chase, Writer: David Chase)
Anthony Soprano, a capo in the DiMeo Crime Family, begins therapy with Dr. Jennifer Melfi after having anxiety attacks. His mother, Livia, refuses to move to a nursing home. Tony's Uncle Junior wants to use Tony's friend's restaurant as a location for a murder, but Tony prevents this by having the restaurant blown up. Christopher Moltisanti, Tony's nephew, murders the representative of a Czech mob that was trying to move in on the family waste management company.

Bracket B:

Whitecaps (season 4) vs. Long Term Parking (season 5)

Whitecaps (Dir: John Patterson; Writers: David Chase, Robin Green and Mitchell Burgess)
Junior's court case draws to a close. In an attempt to cheer up Carmela, Tony bids on a shore house for the family, but his efforts to save his marriage are swiftly undone. After a change of plans, Christopher is forced to deal with two would-be hitmen.

Long Term Parking (Dir: Tim Van Patten; Writer: Terence Winter)
After she tries to cover up a murder, Adriana is met with increasing demands from the FBI, with tragic consequences; Tony reconciles with Carmela. When calls for an absent Tony Blundetto’s blood are made, Tony makes a final stand for his cousin.

"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Round 2 saw some close contests and 26 total voters. The most exciting race was between Pine Barrens and Whitecaps, the later coming from behind to win in the final moments. Brackets A & B were both competitive with Funhouse making a strong showing and besting The Blue Comet 15 votes to 10 and the Pilot episode continuing its magic run beating The Test Dream 16 to 10. Finally, Long Term Parking seems to have no competition at is easily beat College 20 votes to 6. I dare say that is about to change. :icon_wink:

Voting now resumes for the semi-finals and will last until Saturday, June 30th. At such time, I will count the votes once more and on Sopranos Sunday, July 1st, I'll reveal the final two episodes going toe to toe for the tops on the forum.

Remember to list the bracket and then the episode title of your winner, and most of all - remember to have fun and feel free to discuss. Enjoy. :icon_mrgreen:
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Bracket A: Funhouse

Bracket B: Longterm Parking

Ok, bracket B is just too hard. Wow, SOOO difficult. The hardest decision so far. Really both episodes are so amazing, picking one was just brutal. And if I were to go back and think about it tomorrow night, I would probably switch to Whitecaps, but then tomorrow afternoon I would flop back onto Longterm Parking. I really wouldn't be surprised if these two completely tied.

Bracket A: The Pilot
Bracket B: Long Term Parking

Funhouse was an excellent episode, certainly one of my all-time favorites. The Pilot, though, is held in a special place for me that few episodes could surpass - and Funhouse just isn't one of those few.

My vote in the second bracket was, again, based on an initial reaction. I tried not to think about the choices too much, or make choosing any harder for myself. Though as garthman said, my vote for favorite of the two is entirely subject to change, based on my mood and the most recently watched episode. Either episode is deserving of the "favorite episode" label, they're both excellent.

Return to “Sopranos Voting Booth”