Meadow's "Mystery Date"

Is this a red herring or will it play a role in the final 4 episodes? Meadow has been an afterthought through seasons 6A and 6B unlike AJ and Carmella, who have been critical to the plot. Meadow is Tony's pride & joy - daddy's little girl, who helped bring him back from his coma. In order for Tony to hit rock bottom, there has to be a story with Meadow. The fact that she isn't telling Tony and Carm means they probably know the person well or at least that person's family. Meadow Gold let Tony down. How about the real Meadow?

Given her past boyfriends and the way the series is headed, doesn't this have to be someone we have seen before, preferably a son of someone to tie into the father / son issues? It could be an unknown son of someone, but that would take more time to develop that character. A year ago I thought it might be possible for her to hook up with someone in the prosecutor's office, but with so little time left I can only come to one conclusion.

This is pure speculation, but I can't think of a better person than Jason Barone. They made eyes at one another in the hospital. He is the right age and seems like a very sweet guy, which is attractive to Meadow. This would play into the father / son plot line perfectly. It would also have the potential to explode the Tony / Paulie relationship if she discovers Jason is kicking up to Paulie in direct violation of Tony's orders.

We are still waiting for the third verse of "The Three Bells"

Re: Meadow's "Mystery Date"

tomahawk wrote:Is this a red herring or will it play a role in the final 4 episodes? Meadow has been an afterthought through seasons 6A and 6B unlike AJ and Carmella, who have been critical to the plot. Meadow is Tony's pride & joy - daddy's little girl, who helped bring him back from his coma. In order for Tony to hit rock bottom, there has to be a story with Meadow. The fact that she isn't telling Tony and Carm means they probably know the person well or at least that person's family. Meadow Gold let Tony down. How about the real Meadow?

Given her past boyfriends and the way the series is headed, doesn't this have to be someone we have seen before, preferably a son of someone to tie into the father / son issues? It could be an unknown son of someone, but that would take more time to develop that character. A year ago I thought it might be possible for her to hook up with someone in the prosecutor's office, but with so little time left I can only come to one conclusion.

This is pure speculation, but I can't think of a better person than Jason Barone. They made eyes at one another in the hospital. He is the right age and seems like a very sweet guy, which is attractive to Meadow. This would play into the father / son plot line perfectly. It would also have the potential to explode the Tony / Paulie relationship if she discovers Jason is kicking up to Paulie in direct violation of Tony's orders.

We are still waiting for the third verse of "The Three Bells"
We got time for a wedding in these last four eps? Cut back and forth between the ceremony and a NY/NJ gunbattle, a la the end of Godfather I? Youneverknow.

Re: Meadow's "Mystery Date"

Splishak wrote:How about an FBI recruit that she met at the Law Center and who is helping the poor immigrants? That would be like most young ladies bringing home some junkie punk to meet the folks.
Two reasons why I would not think this:

1) Meadow is smart. Even she knows that going out with a fed would be a really bad idea. She's more on the doctor track now.

2) Meadow's anti-establishment comments. Over the past several episodes, her main comments have been anti-US government. For example, her comment to her parents about not caring about people clinging to logs, comments about feds embarassing her father (and Johnny Sac) at the Sacramoni wedding and in their driveway in "Soprano Home Movies".

On the other hand, Barone is an old family friend. He is a young, intelligent man who will be making some money from the company sale in addition to having a real job. He is not connected (that she knows about). He has a very sweet and innocent demeanor like Finn and Noah.

Return to “Episode 6.17: Walk Like a Man”