Re: Chris' Demise

I still lay even odds that Chris will either die of drug/alcohol-related causes (overdose, drunken car wreck) or will be flipped against Tony after the Arab tip leads to charges on the credit card and/or weapons deals.

Or maybe both. Several folks pointed out in the other threads that there's usually a misdirection somewhere when something's as obvious as the flip. So perhaps he will agree to the flip and wind up flipping his car and killing himself on the way home. That looked like his short bed truck swerving in next week's previews.

Either way, I don't see him ending up in Melfi's office. That's one woman I KNOW Tony doesn't want to share with the likes of Chris.:icon_biggrin:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

I doubt Chris is going down because of JT. It seems the whackings of minor character civilians in The Sopranos are put there to tell us something about the character doing it, or to symbolize something, and not for the actual consequences.
Maybe it was to show Chris cutting off his last hope of salvation or help. he feels alienated by his mob friends and goes to see the guy who helped him stay off drugs and alchohol, and helped him into the movie business, but when JT says "Chris, you're in the mafia" he realizes JT only helped him because he was afraid of him.

young_moltisanti wrote:I doubt Chris is going down because of JT. It seems the whackings of minor character civilians in The Sopranos are put there to tell us something about the character doing it, or to symbolize something, and not for the actual consequences.
I agree with this in the main. But the murder of a screenwriter, someone with friends and family that probably have a little more social "cred" than a waiter, for example, would place a higher public scrutiny and pressure on law enforcement to solve the crime. This murder is the kind of stuff tabloid TV (and is there any other kind, nowadays?) eats up: screenwriter with mob connections, whose latest film is a cross between Saw and Godfather, found dead in home from gunshot to the head.

When you consider who his acquaintences are and the fact that there was no sign of struggle, Chris will be one of the first suspects in the minds of investigators. He better hope he's not arrested or lawfully searched for any other reason with that handgun on him, because it's curtains then for sure.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

FBI agent wrote:Uh, no.

JT said something along the lines early that he was alone. Said he sent her away so that he could finish the Law & Order script.

No character disappoints more than Chris. Sometimes I actually root for him to do the right thing and he never does. His failures spin the show forward.
Geez, you'd think after watching this twice that I would have caught that. Thanks for the info.

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:I agree with this in the main. But the murder of a screenwriter, someone with friends and family that probably have a little more social "cred" than a waiter, for example, would place a higher public scrutiny and pressure on law enforcement to solve the crime. This murder is the kind of stuff tabloid TV (and is there any other kind, nowadays?) eats up: screenwriter with mob connections, whose latest film is a cross between Saw and Godfather, found dead in home from gunshot to the head.
Exactly. This would be a sensational story in the land of tabloids and Entertainment Tonight. I imagine Nancy Grace would be all over it, too.

yeah, i too at some point was wondering if he would get rid of the gun.since we have seen quite a few guns being dropped after kills this season his obvious gesture of putting it back where he pulled it from stuck to mind.ofc he couldnt it drop right there, no gloves and all, still he just put it back in his clothes, a first this season i think.
i also was wondering whether JTs girlfriend was around despite him saying she wasnt.

Return to “Episode 6.17: Walk Like a Man”