How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode Grades, Review, and General Comments: 'Walk Like

#101
garthman00 wrote:I agree whole-heartedly, AJ. Sopranos has always been a show which is CHARACTER driven, not plot-driven. That is one of the best things about the show. The storylines don't drive the character, the characters drive the story. With that said, we have four episodes left, and I feel like there does need to be quite a bit of resolution for the characters. Plots? not so much. If we never hear about Vito Jr. again or the Russian or Melfi's rapist, I won't be heartbroken.


OK, but I've got to admit that I find it a little frustrating how often they solve plot problems -- or make the story move forward -- by just having a character disappear. Finn, Murmur, the real estate agent, Gene's family, which essentially made one appearance. Maybe that's how real life works, I suppose....

Re: Episode Grades, Review, and General Comments: 'Walk Like

#102
Detective Hunt wrote:As far as Artie is concerned, I wonder if they don't already consider his story-line wrapped up, much as Junior's seems to be. The episode in the first six when Artie beats up Bennie just to have his hand burned. In rediscovering his cooking (and combined with the very surprising lack of him in these past five) Artie may have found his way such that Chase and Co don't feel the need to revisit his character. I hope that's not the case since I've always appreciated Artie and Charmaine.

Maybe, if anything, we'll get some Artie time with Tony as Tony moves towards his...well, wherever he's going.



I think a lot of main characters have had their last "spotlight moment" episodes, including Artie, Hesh, Junior, Janice and Bobby. I do agree that it is strange we haven't seen anything at all of Artie, which makes me wonder if they have something big planned for him soon after all.

With four episodes left, I think it's all fireworks at this point. I am actually starting to get a little afraid to watch at this point on, lol.

Re: Episode Grades, Review, and General Comments: 'Walk Like

#103
AJColossal wrote:I think a lot of main characters have had their last "spotlight moment" episodes, including Artie, Hesh, Junior, Janice and Bobby. I do agree that it is strange we haven't seen anything at all of Artie, which makes me wonder if they have something big planned for him soon after all.


There was a scene in "Chasing It" (when Tony tells his crew Vito was still one of them and that he'd liquidate some assets to give Marie Spadafore $100,000) that to me looked like it was taking place in Artie's restaurant. Everybody was dressed-up and eating. This, more than any other scene this in the final 9, indicates to me we're done with Artie as a major player. Maybe we'll get a scene or two between Artie and Tony but nothing major. :frown:

Re: Episode Grades, Review, and General Comments: 'Walk Like

#104
I'm going to make another bold prediction (wake me up if I'm ever correct) -- Both Uncle Junior and Artie will somehow play pivotal roles in the final two episodes. Artie's role in Test Dream just makes me think that he will come into play again, and Uncle Junior will reappear because....because....well, just because he's been so important and will reappear to bring the series back to the beginning. No, I don't have the slightest idea how.

Re: Episode Grades, Review, and General Comments: 'Walk Like

#106
chaseisgod wrote:I'm going to make another bold prediction (wake me up if I'm ever correct) -- Both Uncle Junior and Artie will somehow play pivotal roles in the final two episodes. Artie's role in Test Dream just makes me think that he will come into play again, and Uncle Junior will reappear because....because....well, just because he's been so important and will reappear to bring the series back to the beginning. No, I don't have the slightest idea how.

I certainly hope that's in the cards. I love both of those guys.

As for Ventimiglia's arrest, I imagine he was out after some time. There was a cocaine possession alongside that, but it was May of 2006 and I imagine left him time between his legal issues to shoot if Chase needed him.
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Re: Episode Grades, Review, and General Comments: 'Walk Like

#107
If I had to make a prediction, it would be that we will see a lot less action and pivitol moments in the last four episodes than some people predict.

I've heard predictions that include almost all the lead characters dying in violent or spectacular manners. But I'm reminded of the finale to Season 6A where the message was one of "Life goes on".

I would predict that by the end of the four remaining episodes, we will be left with a picture of life in NJ going on just as it always has. Of the remaining characters, Paulie, Sil, Christopher, AJ, Meadow, Hesh, Junior, Bobby, Phil, Tony, Benny, Carlos, Paulie Jr., Vito Jr. Bobby Jr. etc.
I would predict that only one or two may die (as long as Phil dies, I'll be OK) but the rest will all just keep on keeping on.

I'd love to see many of those guys blow each other up or blow their brains out. But I just don't think DC has a track record that will allow it.

Re: Episode Grades, Review, and General Comments: 'Walk Like

#109
Splishak wrote:If I had to make a prediction, it would be that we will see a lot less action and pivitol moments in the last four episodes than some people predict.

I've heard predictions that include almost all the lead characters dying in violent or spectacular manners. But I'm reminded of the finale to Season 6A where the message was one of "Life goes on".

I would predict that by the end of the four remaining episodes, we will be left with a picture of life in NJ going on just as it always has. Of the remaining characters, Paulie, Sil, Christopher, AJ, Meadow, Hesh, Junior, Bobby, Phil, Tony, Benny, Carlos, Paulie Jr., Vito Jr. Bobby Jr. etc.
I would predict that only one or two may die (as long as Phil dies, I'll be OK) but the rest will all just keep on keeping on.

I'd love to see many of those guys blow each other up or blow their brains out. But I just don't think DC has a track record that will allow it.


There was some famous writing advice -- I can't remember who said it, maybe Alfred Hitchcock -- that if you say there's a gun over the fireplace in Chapter One, sometime over the course of your book that gun has to be fired.

I keep thinking we're going to be seeing that big gun that Bobby gave Tony for his birthday before this is all settled.

Return to “Episode 6.17: Walk Like a Man”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest