Re: Favorite Quotes from 'Walk Like a Man'

This exchange between AJ and Tony about the former's depression had me rolling on the floor from laughing (literally, but I was already sitting on the floor watching TV anyway :icon_wink: ):

Tony: Everybody gets the blues. There's a half-a-billion dollar industry devoted to it.

AJ: Prozac?

Tony: No, the music business. They write thousands of songs about this shit. 'Tears on my Pillow,' 'Mona Lisa'... right?

This is funny enough, but then AJ quits the pizzeria when his fragile mind can't handle the one-two punch of seeing a couple necking and hearing a romantic song on the background. Priceless! :)

dad1153 wrote: This is funny enough, but then AJ quits the pizzeria when his fragile mind can't handle the one-two punch of seeing a couple necking and hearing a romantic song on the background. Priceless! :)
I laughed out loud when I heard Dido's breakup-themed weeper "White Flag" playing in the background, too. Another classic placement by Winters.

AJ bolts in tears and his employee says, incredulously: "But you're the manager!"

tony soprano OG wrote:Tony: " I know theese guys, they're arabs. Arabian maybe."

I thought it was hilarious. If you're an arab aren't you also arabian? I thought it was really funny. Anyone else pickup on that one?
I thought that was funny. Yes Arabs are Arabians!

Next question - Now what exactly were they doing?

Walking. (Not jay walking, just walking.)

Then he gave them their names - Akmed and Muhammad - yeah, that will narrow it down!

The other agent doesn't seemed too thrilled with all this "hard information". Even when he gets the full name it doesn't register at all. Agent Harris' comment that the cell phone number was something struck me as sarcastic.

However, it's clear that agent Harris realizes that the idea of Tony giving him anything more than the time of day and a veal parm is very significant. Therefore he acts like this information is the list of names and addresses of the next airplane hijackers.

tony soprano OG wrote:Tony: " I know theese guys, they're arabs. Arabian maybe."
I thought it was hilarious. If you're an arab aren't you also arabian? I thought it was really funny. Anyone else pickup on that one?
I could imagine it might mean Saudi Arabian, but yeah, it was a weird little potetntial malaprop. Along with whatever Christopher said about how Kelli wanted to "wet her teeth" in entertaining, or however it was that he mixed that metaphor.

My choice lines were AJ's:
"This may come as a surprise to you people, but not all the world's problems can be solved with food."

(whining)"I don't WANT a blowjob!"

Chrissy to Tony at the backyard party:

"It was Kelly's idea, she wanted to get her teeth wet with the entertaining."

Tony to Melfi:

AJ is in the fetus position.

Tony to Chris after Chris threw little Paulie out of the window:

"If you had your finger on the pulse problems like this would be squashed in the womb."

Fathers and son images, fetus, womb, Kelly getting her teeth wet. (Blow job doesn't produce children). Freud is running around lose on the script.

Return to “Episode 6.17: Walk Like a Man”