Re: Tony Decompensating?! (gambling, wanting to whack Paulie

The drinking the gambling....
Tony waited for the stone to drop from his neck. (next to the shoe)to finally ehar wheter he will be get or not.
"Is this it?" "Is this still happening at our age?"Yes it does.
There was another image which came back in this episode: when T gets the news that Larry Barese told the feds that it was Jackie Aprile who whacked that bookie. The relief that caused Tony to cry back in S2 after killing Matt Bevilaqua. The setting was clear to me and therefore I waited for him cry, or at least shed a tear.

These days are not easy for him, no woder he is rolling... He woke up from a nightmare at the beginning, probably the worst is yet to come.
You can't have everything- Where would you put it? -Steven Wright

Re: the 200k and whether it's big money to a guy like Tony. In one of the first scenes in 6A, Ep. 1, Tony and Junior are digging up Junior's back yard, looking for -- I think this is right -- $30,000 or $40,000 that Junior thought he had hidden. At the time, I thought this seemed like a trifling amount for a boss to be worried about. It also struck me as strange that Tony would be out there doing physical work, as opposed to making one of his guys do it. I think 200K may be a hefty sum for them. Either that, or they just love money so much that any amount feels like a million dollars.

chaseisgod wrote: It also struck me as strange that Tony would be out there doing physical work, as opposed to making one of his guys do it.
Well, I must admit this kinda made me laugh. Tony is also his nephew. If I think about the all the things I can do for my grandfather who is 93 at the moment, and actually does the very same things mentally with all the repetitions and pissing, well, I could say that Tony would definately start digging.
Note the srcasm in the end: "I am halfway to China" means"I did play your game but that's enough"
You can't have everything- Where would you put it? -Steven Wright

[quote="FlyOnMelfisWall"]
Not to pile on with regard to the 200K issue, but I disagree that "when your a Boss of a crime family, 200k isnt shit.. seriously, these guys make millions a year." There's a common belief that high ranking Mafia figures earn ungodly amounts of money. According to all the annecdotes and evidence I've been exposed to, that just isn't true.

I disagree, they have all this money and they can not show it. Much of it lays in their basements, burried in the seed box in the yard, etc. They also have big expenses, in keeping up appearances among their associates. Yet, they make all that money and nothing they can do with it. That's why they have money laundering operations too.

Return to “Episode 6.15: Remember When”