Speculation for next week - 'Remember When'

Tony finds art imitating life at the Cleaver premiere; in prison, Johnny Sack copes with more bad news.
Detective Hunt
Consiglieri

Speculation for next week - 'Remember When'

Postby Detective Hunt » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:55 am

Thought I'd go ahead and start this thread, especially as I am curious what others think.

So - who is the body they find? (as hinted at in the previews) It seems like it deals with Paulie somehow, but also Tony. Thoughts?

EDIT - And remember - no spoilers please.
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

gmcz71offroad
Civilian

Paulie gonna be the next to go?

Postby gmcz71offroad » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:40 am

Judging from next weeks previews, could paulie be on the way out? You could hear tony telling paulie something about taking a boat out and going fishing. Also you could tell tony was cutting him some mean eyes in one part of the preview. Tony Sirico always agreed to play Paulie if he wouldn't be a rat.

AJColossal
Soldier

Re: Speculation for next week - 'Remember When'

Postby AJColossal » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:07 am

If I had to guess, the body will be a either a minor character from the past or an entirely new character for the sake of the story ("remember when we whacked 'Fingers' Fenucci 2 years ago? They found his body!!")

As we've seen before, they're usually pretty careful with how they dispose of the bodies, so it's really hard to speculate what could have happened.

Tonysbodyguard
Civilian

Postby Tonysbodyguard » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:16 pm

WHats up everyone, this is my first post as a member though I have been a fan of reading everyone else's posts since the beginning of last season. Does anyone think the body they find might be Murmur's? I mean Chris has his new sponsor and Murmur is nowhere to be found, perhaps in the year between Season 6A and Season 6B that Murmur did something to get himself clipped. It would be an easy way to describe why his character is not around and better than using some random guy that they whacked who wasn't even a character on the show.

EdaMaria
Soldier

Postby EdaMaria » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:46 pm

I'm guessing that it's a body that was buried before they started taking extra precautions to get around DNA evidence (remember earlier in the season when Chris (at least I think it was Chris) said they don't use the pork store's meat grinder/slicer anymore b/c of DNA concerns? and Bobby brought up the DNA issue in "Soprano Home Movies.'

I doubt they would go this route, but it would be darkly humorous if they find the body of the first person Paulie murdered. Didn't the ghost of that person supposedly show up in season 2? when Paulie went to see the psychic?

Some people think it might be the woman Paulie murdered in season 4 (the friend of his aunt/mother - I can't remember her name)

In the preview, Tony does say something about how Paulie has never really been tested. It seems he must be referring to flipping?

or maybe it's Pussy Melange!

Splishak
Honorary Capo

Postby Splishak » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Some people think it might be the woman Paulie murdered in season 4 (the friend of his aunt/mother - I can't remember her name)

That happened in episode 51 "Eloise". But Eloise wasn't her name. Here is an excerpt from the description of that episode:

When Carmela and Meadow go to the Plaza Hotel to have tea beneath the portrait of Eloise - an annual tradition ...

I don't know who Eloise is. Maybe she is a Saint or something?

You can see the entire description here:

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/episode/season4/episode51.shtml

chaseisgod
Soldier

Postby chaseisgod » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:37 pm

I'm guessing it's Paulie's first hit -- the guy who haunted him after he went to see the psychic. Or, for the sake of getting more bad blood flowing, maybe it's one of Fat Dom's ample body parts.

Spider-Beatle
Civilian

Postby Spider-Beatle » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:48 pm

I thought it might be those Colombian guys they killed a while ago. Remember they found the money in the dishwasher.

Or maybe its the "interior decorator" from the Pine Barrens. Maybe he got out of the Pine Barrens and made it home, where he died. :icon_wink:

BennyBlanco
Junior Associate

Postby BennyBlanco » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:41 pm

It has to be a murder from a long time ago, not shown during the "show". Reason being is that Tony goes on the lam with Paulie. Tony had NOTHING to do with any of the murders paulie has committed on the show. Therefore, he wouldnt have to lam it. My guess is it's some old murder from when they were soldiers.

Splishak
Honorary Capo

Postby Splishak » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:17 pm

Yeesh! I started a thread like this in the section for "Spoilers". But Fly has said that she doesn't consider a one-line description of the show (like you'd see in TV Guide) to be a spoiler.

The one-line description from my TV Guide (actually from TMN - the Canadian equivalent to HBO) says:

"Junior's old fire is revived during a poker game. Tony and Paulie cool off down south."

Meanwhile the Wikipedia link says:

Tony and Paulie decide to head south to calm their heads when things get too hot in Jersey; Junior rediscovers some of his old passions when he takes up poker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ranos_episodes

Now, can anyone speculate what they mean by "Junior's old fire"? Surely it doesn't mean anything that might be found in that home in which Junior is institutionalized? Could it mean that we see Roberta (the woman from Episode 9 "Boca" who caused Jr so many problems re oral sex)? She is the one who he took to Boca Raton(sp?) and who Jr. pushed a piece of pastry into her face.

Return to “Episode 6.14: Stage 5”