How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode Review and General Comments

Hi,
I'm new here, and wanted to touch on some things. Love the series of course, best show ever :) Please forgive me if I'm ignorant about anything, although I've seen the entire series, I tend to forget things sometimes.

bacala2258 wrote:I got the chills when Tony came back into the house from picking up the paper screaming to Carmela "I'm not going down there to pick up the paper anymore"...how true. Plus he said "it's too dangerous"....interesting

I think this is just to further signify that this is the end. Every season (except 1 I think) started with Tony getting the paper. This is the last season, and he's not getting the paper anymore :)

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:That's not what I took from it. AJ was truly bewildered at why Blanca was behaving like such a bitch. The Paris Hilton comment was classic insecurity speaking, Blanca's fear that AJ, having had his fun on the other side of the tracks, will start shopping for a new girl uptown.

I think Blanka is a gold digging freak personally. She's a single mother, poor, with no future. She saw AJ as an opportunity to get out of life easy, with lots of money and the finer things. When it didn't go down like that, she got furious and is acting the way she is now. Isn't she Puerto Rican or something? I'm surprised Tony didn't make any comments yet, he seems pretty racist.

EdaMaria wrote:
The bloody train is bloody late, you bloody wait, you bloody wait, you're bloody lost and bloody found, stuck in fucking chicken town.

Think this line here has an impact on the mob situation with Tony. There is no way out, he's stuck. The mob is "chicken town".

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote: So, in effect, her spiritual advisor told her at the beginning of the series that the way to change Tony was to genuinely love him.

Good point. I also think she really loves him, like a good woman loves her husband. It's becoming more and more evident, especially in the first ep of this season, "Tony is not a vindictive man". A great woman stands by her man no matter what.

Splishak wrote:If that is true, AJ could be a perfect case of someone blowing up and exploding on someone.

He already has once, on JR :)

Universal Polymath wrote:You're certainly right, you've mentioned another reason for Phil to be in the contemplative mood he was in, and I hadn't thought of that one. See, the more I think about it, the more I think they totally could have sold me on this, had they not felt the need to include that damn birthday nonsense!

The birthday nonsense is very vital I think. It's saying that Phil has a problem getting over things, he let's them brew and brew until he explodes. A sign of things to come. Look how upset he still is over Leotardo. He's only going to get worse. A true phychopath in the making.

chaseisgod wrote:That would be fantastic. Part of me is secretly hoping that Chase will do the unexpected. In other words, almost everyone thinks Tony the mobster thug has to be "punished." Crime does not pay and all of that.

Well, why?

This is true. Chase said in an interview that the "crime doesn't pay thing has been done too many times, I'm not going to portray that message". What's interesting is to try and figure out what that means. Does Tony live a full life, dying in a chair of old age, or maybe of a heart attack while playing with his grandson? (not literally of course, GF references).

Krakower Thing wrote: Don't forget the Blood Sweat and Tears reference in Live Free or Die- Sil left tickets and backstage passes for Vito. I guess Pauiie scooped up those tickets.

I think this is a hilarious crack at Vito being gay. Blood Sweat and Tears...I'll refrain from explaining that one. Also the "Life Free or Die", that's what happened to Vito, he tried to life free, but couldn't stay away "every time I try to get out, they pull me right back in", so he died because of it.

chaseisgod wrote: Anyway, in the first episode of 6A, I never understood why Tony was gorging himself on sushi. Was the point that he's the shark?

I think it was representative of Tony's over indulgance in everything he's involved with, also tying into the solo trips mentioned earlier that Carmella was so upset about. Without Carmella by his side, he over indulges in everything, even something as simple as eating sushi. She's not there and he's stuffing his face like mad. Same with women on the side, the mob life, etc. Just a thought

This is a cool forum btw. I like it here. Some very smart people :)

What is the significance of Carmella getting offers on her "spec" house? Last season we inferred this was her opportunity to get something on her own, or to be independent from Tony. Now, the offer is coming in, and she has done something on her own...

so...she is independent now? I am figuring Tony's shooting caused more closeness between the two, and it doesn't look like she is leaving him any more, but still...

CaliberCutChops wrote:What is the significance of Carmella getting offers on her "spec" house? Last season we inferred this was her opportunity to get something on her own, or to be independent from Tony. Now, the offer is coming in, and she has done something on her own...
Something she could do for a living when/if the Sopranos go on Witness Relocation Program? Because if these people get out of the life they're going to have to work for a living and experience the discomforts of life. Like Ray Liotta's character complaining about the spaguetti someone sold him at the end of "Goodfellas."

BTW, speaking of "Goodfellas," anyone want to make a connection between Tony picking the paper in his front lawn and Henry Hill doing the same thing at the end of Marty's movie? :icon_mrgreen:

I was late seeing this episode. This may have already been covered here but I can't sift through 17 pages of comments. Was the person who shot Gerry in the restaurant a woman? I watched it twice and I swear it's a woman. Would Wiseguys ever send a woman to do a hit? I'm sure a woman is just as capable but it seems the mob would probably have some kind of code or rule against it.

jonelikate wrote:I was late seeing this episode. This may have already been covered here but I can't sift through 17 pages of comments. Was the person who shot Gerry in the restaurant a woman? I watched it twice and I swear it's a woman. Would Wiseguys ever send a woman to do a hit? I'm sure a woman is just as capable but it seems the mob would probably have some kind of code or rule against it.
That would certainly be interesting. I'm sure someone around here can capture a few frames of the shooter and figure that out.

CaliberCutChops wrote:What is the significance of Carmella getting offers on her "spec" house? Last season we inferred this was her opportunity to get something on her own, or to be independent from Tony. Now, the offer is coming in, and she has done something on her own...

so...she is independent now? I am figuring Tony's shooting caused more closeness between the two, and it doesn't look like she is leaving him any more, but still...
Selling the spec house won't be a huge windfall for Carmella - as in enough to run away with. However, once she sells the spec house, she will have more time on her hands. Maybe she calls that private detective to investigate Ade's "disappearance". Maybe she starts believing that Christopher (and / or Tony) are implicated even if it can't be proven. Then she escalates the rift between Chris and Tony even more.

jonelikate wrote:I was late seeing this episode. This may have already been covered here but I can't sift through 17 pages of comments. Was the person who shot Gerry in the restaurant a woman? I watched it twice and I swear it's a woman. Would Wiseguys ever send a woman to do a hit? I'm sure a woman is just as capable but it seems the mob would probably have some kind of code or rule against it.
I thought it looked like the same guy that was going to hit Ralph in Florida and rode the elevator with him. As soon as I saw him I told my wife that is who it looked like.

Return to “Episode 6.14: Stage 5”