Re:

If someone does fess up and rats these guys out, it'll be easy for them to find out who it was in the neighborhood. Look how easy it was for them to find Bevilaqua and Jackie Jr. People will gladly tell the Soprano crew in order to score "points" with them. It was easy enough to tamper with a juror, just threaten his family's life.

</p>

As Far As The Juror

I have problems that they were able to get to that Juror so easily. I guess, as Silvio said, that they would have heard about it from our girl inside, in Ratpack. But still, for a trial as big as that of a mafia don, would they really be letting them run around, like he did when he was confronted by The Soprano crew? I now Jurors aiern't imprisoned during there time, but in past Mafia Trials of the past it has been impossible to learn of most of the jurors. They, like OJ's trial, weren't even allowed to read newspapers, or watch the news. Which gets me to ask why the juror who turned would be out for a stroll with his kid buying candy, espeically that close towards the end of a trial.

</p>

Re: As Far As The Juror

gangsters get away with these things all the time, it isnt like the tv shows, where every murder and every beating has a happy ending.

All you gotta think about with the waiter murder is this - evidence.

The only thing they (the cops) got is somebody who got shot. there is no murder witness, no gun - no nothing. The murder was quick and slick.

Even if they went and investigated and found what's what with the dinner tab - it wont prove nothing except that maybe mobsters (whoever one) is responsible but that's it. They can't go any further unless there was some sort of witness to identify exactly who was the shooter(s).

And on these beatings - If the victims don't say anything, why would the cops bother???? You can beat somebody, witnesses call the police, the police come --but if the victim doesn't care--the cops can't do nothing. simple as that.

You remember when the gardener was telling Paulie that he was going to the cops and Paulie yelled "Where you from?"
this scene was to show that these gardener are not going to the cops for the beating.

And about the Juror - Not every mafia don case confines there jurors. I believe Vincent the Chin Gigante didnt have that kind of a setup. It all depends on the Judge's decision. It was only after the third time, Gotti's trial did the Judge finally decide to confine the jurors.

</p>

a.c.

"Even if they went and investigated and found what's what with the dinner tab - it wont prove nothing except that maybe mobsters (whoever one) is responsible but that's it. They can't go any further unless there was some sort of witness to identify exactly who was the shooter(s)."

Well, no, but you can reasonably expect someone will either go into or come out of that parking lot in the next five minutes, so it will be very easy to determine the time of death. And they will know the last couple of diners who paid before the man died. I'm assuming Chris paid with cash, not with a card (he wouldn't be that dumb!), but it's highly likely that the waiter told other restaurant workers about the low tip, or that they saw him go outside. And IMO it's VERY likely that they'll remember exactly who he was serving the night he died. And since some of those guys are public figures... I'm not expecting the show to bring up this matter again, I'm just saying that in real life, the chances of them getting away with this are fairly low.

</p>

The Conversation

Excellent point, PC.

Feech was about to "frankly discuss" Tony with the other Tony (Tony B).

It's interesting how age is so relative and how one generation views the other: Johnny Sack still thinks that Christopher ought to be waiting in the car rather than expressing his opinion, and Feech thinks of Tony as the "Boy King."

</p>

Re: The Conversation

Do you think Johnny Sack's lack of regard for Christopher is because of his age? If thats the case than you have to wonder how old Chris actually is, considering Joey - who seems to be an apprentice of sort to Johnny Sack - looks about Christopher's age yet still attends important sitdowns and arranges Johnny's dirty laundry (arranging the hit on Ralphie before it was called off).

</p>

Re: The Conversation

no i dont think its much about age as it is with a rank and whether or not somebody is really ABLE and READY to be in there position.

how the else did tony become boss at a relatively young age?

Sack was pissed off cause Chris was speaking out of turn and was talking like he had some sort of say of what sack should do.

chris was sitting with top ranking mobsters (including vito). Age has very little to do with anything.

that's why tony soprano said to chris beforehand to keep his mouth shut--which obviously he didnt do.Chris has proven time and time again that he is just not ready to move up on the ladder.

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.03: Where's Johnny?”