You Losin' Weight?

IMO both your answers apply to the question. A personal compliment to someone can initially get his/her attention and put the speaker in a positive light, even if it's complete BS. C'mon, who doesn't respond to a little flattery?

Guess this particular ploy didn't work out too well for the late Mr. Massarone.

</p>

THE HAT!! M.O.S.T

In the beginning of "Rat Pack" when Tony meets him at the diner, im PRETTY sure he was wearing a tan Museum of Science and Trucking hat which Tony made mention of. "Why dont you take off your hat and stay a while."

The second meeting when Tony is patting him down front and back, when they part ways, Tony taps the beak of the LIGHT BLUE M.O.S.T hat and tells him, "..nothing to lose your hair over." I think the two hats he wore on two seperate occasions are completely out of character and, of course, the "you lost weight" comment and the gift of the painting. THREE things were out of place and you know what they say; three strikes--YOU'RE OUT!

</p>

Comment

For me, it wasn't just that comment which alerted Tony.

Masserone was uneasy in his meeting with Tony at the diner, and the painting was a bit over the top, in an "I'm your friend, no really I am!" kind of way.

In the second meeting, Masserone was clearly even more nervous. Tony hugs him and I got the impression that they don't normally greet each other in that manner, Masserone is clearly surprised and uncomfortable.

Then we get his 'weight' compliment towards Tony, which was completely out of the blue. And then he starts asking questions, and, understandably Tony says nothing of worth to the listening FBI.

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.02: Rat Pack”