Johnny vs. Li'l Carmine

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>The only question is does Johnny want to take over control of Jersey, which the series has hinted at over the years. If Tony thinks this is the case, then who knows?<hr></blockquote>
This is interesting question. My guess is that Johnny wants someone like Paulie running the New Jersey-crew, so he could manipulate the boss, and control the crew thorough the boss. Tony is too smart for Johnny to manipulate and Tony knows how greedy Johnny is.

On the other hand, Tony might want Li'l Carmine running New York for the same reasons. Tony already saw this scenario in 'The Weight'. He said that maybe "putting Brainless-the-second in Johnny's place isn't that bad an idea." Li'l Carmine is clearly not as smart as Tony, so Tony would have advantages in future deals.

This is just speculating here. I'm pretty sure that Leotardo will take Johnny's side, but I'm not sure how Chris, Paulie and Feech fit in all this.

</p>

Re: New York: Johnny or Carmine Jr?

Omertastugots:
I have to disagree with your last statement. There is always a possibility that Tony B. could turn. His wise-cracks displays disrespect to Tony. Also, there seems to be some history in regards that Tony B. might have took the rap for something and could be resentful. You never know.

Scudetto:
Yes, that is another point. Little C has not been around, so even though he is Carmine Sr.?s son, he is still considered an outsider.

Eruptus:
Good point about Johnny wanting Paulie to head New Jersey. Being as intelligent as Johnny is, he realizes that Tony is very astute when dealing with others. But I think that Sac doesn?t know that Paulie ran into Carmine Sr. at the wedding, season 4, and if you recall, Carmine Sr. hardly knew who Paulie was. Paulie, stunned when he realized that Johnny was just using him, will no longer trust Sac.

Old Maid

</p>

Paulie

I know that Paulie doesn't trust Johnny. I guess Johnny knows this too, because Paulie isn't giving him any info anymore. My point was that Johnny probably wants someone like him running the Jersey-crew.

</p>

Re: Paulie

You did say someone like Paulie. I think of Paulie right away because he was the one that acted when angry with Tony. Of course there was Patsi, who was not quite happy with Tony at one time either.

An interesting thought, if Johnny goes that route. Could secretly try to manipulate a coup'?

Old Maid

</p>

Sack manipulating

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>An interesting thought, if Johnny goes that route. Could secretly try to manipulate a coup'? <hr></blockquote> That could happen. He could try to manipulate Feech. Feech wants back in, and isn't probably happy if "young punk" likeTony gives him attitude.

</p>

Re: Sack manipulating

Here's my thoughts on all this:

* John Sack will use his henchman Leotardo to shake down the Lady Shylock, who is probably close to Little Carmine in some way. Some other events I can't really forsee happen but it eventually comes down to a war between Sack and Carmine. Tony will initially side with Carmine, although seem to be neutral.

* Tony uses the rational that Carmine will be easier to manipulate, and pretty much everyone agrees, especially Paulie whom despises Sack. Unfortunately after a long and violent war Carmine and his gang is completely wiped out, along with possible even some other NY mob figures who sided with him. Sack and Leotardo assume control and focus on Tony.

I think this will happen close to the halfway point of the season, and the rest of it will chronicle how Sack and Tony go head to head (but wont be resolved into Season 6).

</p>

Return to “Episode 5.02: Rat Pack”