How would you grade this episode on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best possible quality)

Total votes: 0

Re: Episode 1.06: Pax Soprana - Grades & General Review

Irishwiseguy wrote:Its actually the other way around, originally the song Paparazzi by Xzibit is played (on the DVD, and original HBO airing). But for whatever reason in Europe the song is changed to some generic hip hop beat. I prefer the Xzibit song.
I see. It was Xzibits song I was referring to (did'nt know the name), that I heard the first (100 :icon_wink:) times I saw the episode. And I agree, much better than the shit they play in the other version..
- "Juan Valdez has been separated from his donkey"

Hi everyone, I'm a new member to the forum. :icon_mrgreen:
I liked the Pax Soprana episode, but one thing that I thought didn't work well was Carmela's dialogue with the priest. She drops too many mobspeak terms that her character would not really use (goomah and schifosa), and it comes off awkward since it doesn't really fit her character. Tony and his crew would use these terms, but not Carm. Otherwise, good episode.

Welcome to Chase Lounge, chud.:icon_biggrin:

I loved that episode, too, but I agree that Carm's talk with the priest was the weakest part of the episode. I didn't really think that she'd be talking about her sex life that openly with a priest who she'd nearly slept with in the prior episode, nor did I think his counsel was particularly realistic.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

mutualdream wrote:It didn't make sense to me why they would have waiters in the room when Tony makes the toast to Junior, 'our new boss.'
True. It's also weird to me that the undercover waiter is also seen, IIRC, in the bathroom of Vesuvio during Test Dream. When Artie motions for Tony to come into the bathroom because of some hidden danger, that waiter guy is there again while a camera records the action, implying surveillance. Why use the same actor for a role in Tony's dream when Tony clearly paid no notice of they guy, never knew who he was, never saw him again, and would have had no recollection of him years later? Unless the extra playing the part is someone with connections to the show who happened to coincidentally be cast for both roles.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Unlike others, I didn't find this one to be meandering at all. I really enjoyed it and scored it an 8. The style of the show has really been established at this point, and the excellent camerawork and cinematography which really shined in College is pretty much continued here. The acting is uniformly excellent, including great work by Jerry Adler and the first appearance of Vincent Curatola. True that it doesn't jump out at me as one of the very best episodes, but I find very little to complain about here.

Return to “Episode 1.06: Pax Soprana”