Re: Favorite Quotes from 'The Sopranos'

Tony: Yeah, and I bought CDs for a broken record.

AJ: So what, no fuckin' ziti now?

Chris: I was nauseous this morning, my mother told me I shouldn't even come in today.

Charmaine: Somebody donated their kneecaps for those tickets.

Tony: Nothin' We had coffee.....

Chris: I thought the only sausages were Italian and Jimmy Deans

Chris: Garbage is our bread and butter.
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

mperkins605 wrote:In Sopranos Home Movies while playing Monolopy Bobby says, "I'm going to buy a railroad."
LOL, mperkins, this thread is not for favorite quotes from the series but from the first episode . . . which is titled "The Sopranos".:icon_biggrin:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Hesh: I hear Junior wants to whack Pussy Bonpensiero.
Tony: Pussy Malanga!
Hesh: Oh, Little Pussy.
Tony: Yeah, Little Pussy. You think he's going to fuck with Big Pussy? My Pussy?
Ha!!

Tony to Melfi: Let me tell ya something. Nowadays, everybody's gotta go to shrinks, and counselors, and go on "Sally Jessy Raphael" and talk about their problems. What happened to Gary Cooper? The strong, silent type. That was an American. He wasn't in touch with his feelings. He just did what he had to do. See, what they didn't know was once they got Gary Cooper in touch with his feelings that they wouldn't be able to shut him up! And then it's dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction ma fangul!

Junior to Tony: You may run North Jersey but you don't run your Uncle Junior! How many fucking hours did I spend playing catch with you?
Bacala: You know, Quasimodo predicted all this.
Tony: Who did what?

Pork Store wrote:Hesh: I hear Junior wants to whack Pussy Bonpensiero.
Tony: Pussy Malanga!
Hesh: Oh, Little Pussy.
Tony: Yeah, Little Pussy. You think he's going to fuck with Big Pussy? My Pussy?
Classic! :icon_mrgreen:

Headline on the Star Ledger: "Clinton Says Medicare Could Go Bust in Yr. 2000" :icon_rolleyes:

Livia: (giving Tony her back as he enters her house) Did you lock the door?

Tony: Uhh, sure! (he turns around, locks the door and runs back to Livia). :rolleyes:

Watched the pilot again last night for the first time in a while, and I still love Tony yelling at Mahaffey, lying on the ground screaming in pain: "What? HMO! You're covered!"

Something I had completely forgotten is that when Tony tells Carmela he's in therapy, the first thing she asks is, "You told [Melfi] about your father, right?" Now, she does say "Your mother is the one" almost immediately after that, but I still found it incredibly interesting.

jouster wrote:Watched the pilot again last night for the first time in a while, and I still love Tony yelling at Mahaffey, lying on the ground screaming in pain: "What? HMO! You're covered!"

Something I had completely forgotten is that when Tony tells Carmela he's in therapy, the first thing she asks is, "You told [Melfi] about your father, right?" Now, she does say "Your mother is the one" almost immediately after that, but I still found it incredibly interesting.
Jouster, great minds, LOL. I've been writing an obscenely long support of my thesis that Tony killing Chris was a sort of vicarious patricide, and I specifically make note of Carmela's remark in the pilot. Interesting that you noted it as well.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Episode 1.01: The Sopranos”