Re: Merry Christmas, Chase Lounge!

I told my brother he could get me season six part two for Christmas . . . and he apparently blocked everything but "season six" and promptly bought both parts 1 and 2. (Yeesh, these newbies:icon_mrgreen:.) Anyway, I do have part 2 now and an extra part 1, if anyone wants to buy it off me.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Time to bump this thread so we can wish each member of The Chase Lounge a very Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays and all that. Carm has fixed some lovely egg nog and Tony promised he spiked it pretty good. Of course, then he drank the whole damn thing. :icon_wink:

Enjoy the holidays and thanks for a super 2008. Slow as it may seem at times, there are still some great conversations going on. Hopefully we'll see more in 2009. :icon_biggrin:

Cheers,
DH
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Sorry I was so busy before Christmas that I didn't get to stop by the forum. Hope everyone had a great Christmas day and is continuing to enjoy this special season.

JLTucker, I asked for and got the Coppola restoration set too. Just watched some of the extras last night.

So far I've really enjoyed the piece on the restoration effort itself, being a bit of a geek. Also enjoyed Coppola's Godfather notebook which is this HUGE personally prepared notebook with pages from the novel containing Coppola's original notes and impressions as he was reading the novel the first time. It sort of served as his "bible" during filming and was more important to him than the script itself in terms of his preparation for stuff on set. Coppola's first meeting with Nino Rota was also recorded on audio tape, and we get to hear the composer playing the themes on the piano for Coppola for the first time. Extremely interesting stuff for Godfather freaks, which probably include a lot of people on this site.:icon_biggrin:

And, of course, worth special mention is that Chase is among those interviewed for certain of the extras, especially the one dealing with the influence of the Godfather on American culture. Chase makes one fairly provocative comment that shows a bit of his tendency towards ethnic chauvanism . . . he disapproved of the casting of Brando and Caan because they weren't Italian.:icon_eek:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Satriale's Meet Market”