How Is This Possible?

I apologize in advance to all those people who I'm sure will be unhappy with my starting a new thread for this. But I just didn't know where else to post this and I'm guessing that a few of you will get a nice chuckle from this and I wanted to share it with those few. It is only marginally related to The Sopranos but it seems that most everything in my life these days is somehow related to The Sopranos. Perhaps it is just a measure of how much I enjoy the show and how much it has come to occupy an important place in my life.

Anyway, today I saw another terrible Jennifer Aniston movie (have there ever been any Jennifer Aniston movies that were not terrible?) but it had a line that David Chase really should have put into The Sopranos - preferably to be spoken by Christopher. My title for the thread asks how is it possible that David Chase missed incorporating the following gaff into The Sopranos?

When Michelangelo was painting his sixteenth chapel, do you think he stopped to ask for any help because he was worried that it would not live up to the other fifteen? Or would he have known that by the time he had painted sixteen, he would have finally learned how to make a masterpiece?

Re: How Is This Possible?

Splishak wrote: (have there ever been any Jennifer Aniston movies that were not terrible?)
Yes. Office Space.

Also, it's the Sistene Chapel. I don't think Chase would allow a 'dumb' comment, from one of his characters, be based on the ignorance of Italian culture. (I could be wrong). Idiotic sayings usually seem aimed at other cultures, like when Paulie says "Sun TaZoo" when pronouncing Sun Tzu.

Splishak wrote:I saw Friends with Money. I kept trying to figure out what it was.

After it ended, I got an inkling that it was a movie. But I still can't quite believe that it was a movie.
Indeed, that film seemed all over the place. But it did have some damn fine actresses in it, especially Frances McDormand (who played "slowing going insane" great!)
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

billyp wrote:Yes. Office Space.

Also, it's the Sistene Chapel. I don't think Chase would allow a 'dumb' comment, from one of his characters, be based on the ignorance of Italian culture. (I could be wrong). Idiotic sayings usually seem aimed at other cultures, like when Paulie says "Sun TaZoo" when pronouncing Sun Tzu.
Ohhhh. I always thought he'd painted 16 chapels, too, as Quasimodo had predicted while quarterbacking Notre Dame to victory.
Just a hunch...

I've never watched a Jennifer Aniston movie, tho she was cute in Friends - a TV series which helped pioneer the medium for The Sopranos.

Billyv wrote:Ohhhh. I always thought he'd painted 16 chapels, too, as Quasimodo had predicted while quarterbacking Notre Dame to victory.
Just a hunch...

I've never watched a Jennifer Aniston movie, tho she was cute in Friends - a TV series which helped pioneer the medium for The Sopranos.
LMAO!:icon_lol:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Satriale's Meet Market”