Re: Let Us Know Where You Are From And A Little About Yourse

little bit about myself should anyone care. born and raised 47 years ago in providence ri. 100% italianamerican living in the federal hill part of towne. 60's and 70.'s it was the center of New England organized crime. Chase (actually a couple of his writers)gave props to the area. pilot episode, chase mentions the blowing up of arties resteraut is directly pulled from a story his uncle told him happened on federal hill. then chris and silvio head right up atwells ave to hire killers to whack jonny sack. the point being , the sopranos brought back memories. after i married an irish women and the food went bad, again the sopranos to the rescue. the sunday meals and just general apprecation of good food was something i took for granted. seeing it again on hbo has now after 14 years given me the nerve to fight back-even if it's i who have to cook.a big part of my life changes a week from sunday

bloodshot wrote:after i married an irish women and the food went bad, again the sopranos to the rescue. the sunday meals and just general apprecation of good food was something i took for granted. seeing it again on hbo has now after 14 years given me the nerve to fight back-even if it's i who have to cook.a big part of my life changes a week from sunday
bloodshot, I enjoyed your whole post and the anecdotes about your home in RI. But the part above just absolutely cracked me up! Hope your wife doesn't lurk here, although I sense that you make no secret of what you think of her cooking.:icon_biggrin:

What's Italian for "good eating"? Bona mangia, or something?

I think all our lives are about to change. But we'll certainly be taking a lot forward with us.:icon_wink:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

hey fly,

glad i could bring a smile. some small payback and thank you for creating this wonderful forum.

seriously, my wife is a wonderful women who actually has started to watch the show again with me. she started early on and actually got uncomfortable with how close it came to the family she married into(mostly the importance of good bracoli), but has since enjoy how good the show is. she got even more excited when i came close to winning 100k on the A&E Sopranos game(ended up 15th after winning the 2nd to last week).

RI is a great research area for mob and political corruption (our x mayor just got released from federal prison this week). Brotherhood on Showtime, which i had hoped would take the sopranos place, is a pretty good way to learn more about the area and it's lurid past. Unfortunately, the show lacks the writing, acting and the wonderful sense of humour of the Sopranos, but i'm going to give it another chance in it's 2nd season.

anyway, this is proably more then you need to know about any particular poster. thanks again for creating this cool haven.

janicezany wrote: in addition to her Berklee B.M.?) - and really just about anything
Berklee?? That's one of my alma maters as well. Maybe we should start a "musicians who love the Sopranos" thread. Anyway, my name is Bob and I'm a Joisey boy except for when I lived in Boston for school. Currently living in Verona, right in the middle of Sopranoland. I love seeing places I am familiar with in the show. While not Itralian, I am married to a full-blooded Sicilian from Staten Italy. Her cousin happens to be married to one of the current highest profile "FBI Interests" in our area. (Yes, he's a Junior).

Really looking forward to Sunday :icon_razz:

A little bit about me.. My name is Nick, I'm 25 years old, half greek and half italian, born and raised in Chicago. I've been watching the sopranos since the2nd season, and I've been in love ever since. Paulie is by far my favorite character, he plays the part perfect. I found the chase lounge back on the old forums, maybe over a year ago, but never registered. I'm very glad I finally did, there's a lot of information on here, and a great group of people to discuss the show with. Thanks!

kabuki wrote:Berklee?? That's one of my alma maters as well. Maybe we should start a "musicians who love the Sopranos" thread. Anyway, my name is Bob and I'm a Joisey boy except for when I lived in Boston for school. Currently living in Verona, right in the middle of Sopranoland. I love seeing places I am familiar with in the show. While not Itralian, I am married to a full-blooded Sicilian from Staten Italy. Her cousin happens to be married to one of the current highest profile "FBI Interests" in our area. (Yes, he's a Junior).

Really looking forward to Sunday :icon_razz:
Small world, kabuki! Welcome to the forum.

What years were you at Berklee and what instrument(s) do you play? I knew a Bob from NJ when I was there in the early 80s, but he was most definitely Italian. (D'Amato was his last name.)

focker, welcome to you as well. Glad you finally signed up.:icon_wink:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

kabuki wrote:I was there 77-79 and then finished my B.M. at William Paterson. Jazz guitar major. I lived at 150 Mass. Ave. when I was there.
I was at the same address! 8th floor for three years. Graduated in 1984. I studied mostly composition and arranging, a little electronic music. Piano was my principal instrument. So cool to "meet" a Berklee alum in this fashion.:icon_wink:

Return to “Satriale's Meet Market”