Re: Settling on a date

The place to discuss plans and ideas for the New Jersey convention of Chase Lounge members to take place in the latter half of 2007. Input from those familiar with the Newark area is especially welcome. Only members with post counts of 5 or more can "Join this Club" (i.e., gain access to this forum.)

If you are certain that you will attend, please sign into the Convention Roll Call and be counted.
FlyOnMelfisWall
Boss

Postby FlyOnMelfisWall » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:20 pm

I had originally planned to present a couple of "gifts"/awards to Chase at the dinner. I thought one gift could be a custom built "Sopranos Edition Monopoly Set" with low-rent property names like HUD Crack House and Blanca's Apartment and higher end properties like Sacrimoni/Baccala Mansion and the Plaza Hotel. Railroads would include -- what else -- the Blue Comet. Tokens would include a duck (of course!), Ralph's head, a tiny bottle of grapa, karaoke microphone, a little Escalade icon, an onion ring, etc. A special rule card spelling out the free parking rule, and complete with blood stains, would be included. I would be willing to actually make the thing myself if I get enough input on procuring the proper materials.

Please share ideas for the set here.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Pork Store
Soldier

Postby Pork Store » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:08 am

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:I thought one gift could be a custom built "Sopranos Edition Monopoly Set" with low-rent property names like HUD Crack House and Blanca's Apartment and higher end properties like Sacrimoni/Baccala Mansion and the Plaza Hotel. Railroads would include -- what else -- the Blue Comet. Tokens would include a duck (of course!), Ralph's head, a tiny bottle of grapa, karaoke microphone, a little Escalade icon, an onion ring, etc. A special rule card spelling out the free parking rule, and complete with blood stains, would be included. If you guys like this idea, we can open up a separate thread so everyone can contribute design and fabrication ideas. I would be willing to actually make the thing myself if I get enough input on procuring the proper materials.

This is such an awesome idea! Please do start a tread for it. I'm sure the minds here could come up with something really cool.

How much fun would it be to make up Chance and Community Chest cards?
Bacala: You know, Quasimodo predicted all this.
Tony: Who did what?

richjcrouch
Soldier

Postby richjcrouch » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:26 am

This could be of interest

I found this, they custom make the board for you.

I'm sure if you spoke to the manufacturers, they could tailor it to even further specifics.

SilvioMancini
Honorary Capo

Postby SilvioMancini » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:36 pm

under the boardwalk, Jan giving some head
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

badabellisima
Honorary Capo

Postby badabellisima » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:20 pm

:icon_mrgreen: LOL!!!!

SilvioMancini
Honorary Capo

Postby SilvioMancini » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:54 pm

Hey you just kiped a 500 bill!
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

Universal Polymath
Honorary Capo

Re: Custom Monopoly Set: Sopranos Edition

Postby Universal Polymath » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Oh jeez, what an awesome idea! All your suggestions for it thus far, Fly, are brilliant! I'll have to give this some thought and see if I can contribute anything to it ...

And richjcrouch, what an invaluable find, with that custom-board maker.

Pork Store
Soldier

Re: Custom Monopoly Set: Sopranos Edition

Postby Pork Store » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:42 am

Chance:
Hide body of dead stripper. Pay $500
New cop to pay off in Hackensack. $100
Carmella is pissed. Pay $300 for a new fur coat.
You missed a session with Melfi. $200.
Whatever happened to Gary Cooper? Pay $100.
Bacala: You know, Quasimodo predicted all this.

Tony: Who did what?

FlyOnMelfisWall
Boss

Postby FlyOnMelfisWall » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:09 pm

SilvioMancini wrote:under the boardwalk, Jan giving some head

Believe me, Silvio, I had to restrain myself from suggesting the "schlong in Jan's mouth" as a token.:icon_redface::icon_mrgreen:

richjcrouch, that's an interesting site you located and one that might be worth pursuing for the board itself. I'm certain we will be on our own when it comes to tokens and chance/community chest.

Pork Store, your ideas are hilarious. Keep 'em coming.

It occurs to me that if you guys like this idea enough, perhaps we could see about getting a small run of them manufactured somewhere so that the per set cost comes down significantly. And obviously we would do this "irregardless" of whether we meet Chase. Definitely would be a cool conversation piece at my next Monopoly game (which is probably due sometime over the next 5 years:icon_biggrin:).
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “"Proshai, Sopranos: A Final Toast from The Chase Lounge"”