Settling on a date

I emailed Jason yesterday and heard back this morning. It sounded like he is continuing on as some kind of personal assistant to Chase (post Sopranos) as he indicated they were in the middle of figuring out David's schedule for the rest of the year. He said that it looked like early November would work best for David and that he would get back to me in a few days after discussing it with him.

In view of that, I proposed either the first or second Saturday in November, which would put it either November 3rd or 10th. So those are two dates that you can be thinking about. Of course I will immediately notify by email and post to this forum when the date has been finally established.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Re: Settling on a date

Hmm, moving into November is not so good for me. Pretty much late October through to the new year is right out. But I wouldn't be able to travel until the new year anyway thanks to the medical issues I've been dealing with as of late. :icon_rolleyes:

You guys do what you need to do and if it gets pushed back into the new year at some point (which seems highly likely given the way Chase and his folks have looked at this meet) then perhaps I can join in.
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Detective Hunt wrote:Hmm, moving into November is not so good for me. Pretty much late October through to the new year is right out. But I wouldn't be able to travel until the new year anyway thanks to the medical issues I've been dealing with as of late. :icon_rolleyes:

You guys do what you need to do and if it gets pushed back into the new year at some point (which seems highly likely given the way Chase and his folks have looked at this meet) then perhaps I can join in.
DH, that's a bummer. Had no idea you would be unable to attend if the date was set at late October or beyond.

When I last spoke about dates with Jason (in late May/early June), he didn't know how long Chase would be in France. I suggested September or October at that time just to be reasonably sure he would be well back in the U.S., and Jason seemed to think that was a safe bet. I should have contacted him earlier to secure a date earlier than November, but, as you know, just wasn't feeling the enthusiasm to go forward.

Nothing's set yet, so who knows when it will end up taking place. But if he says November 10th looks good and agrees to that date, I will take it just to fix the darn thing. However I'll be very disappointed that it will cost your attendance.:icon_sad:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

I totally agree - if he sets the date then take it. I too am saddened I wouldn't be able to attend, but I've already had one surgery and a heart cath with a GI scope to go and time off from work is at a premium right now. It's only been in the last few months that it cropped up. Even if we had set the date already, my attendance would be questionable. Sucks getting old. :icon_rolleyes:

If next year, somehow, then it is entirely possible. But I would certainly not ask you folks to wait for me. If Chase is willing to meet, take it and enjoy. Just send me a tape, please. :icon_wink:
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Oh DH i had no idea- so sorry to hear of that news. :icon_frown: Hopefully they will get everything on the mend. I really wanted to get a chance to meet you in person. What about the possibility of working it around that academic conference in New York City in May? It sounds far off i know, but maybe Chase indeed will be attending that in some capacity or would have interest in it, and it would allow us to sort of re-kindle the spirit of our exchanges as they have taken place for most of the series, versus the strange direction it took of late. I'll bet most of the interested posters would be the very sort of people most inclined to appreciate and attend such a conference- or part of it- and dovetail it into a dinner party on one night of the following weekend. Then we'd all be fired up with the latest theories, etc., and remembering what brought us all together in the first place.:smile:

From RichieAprile’s previous quote (sorry, I don’t know how to quote here from that other thread…):

From RichieAprile at : Re: Who still wants to get together?
Not sure if many here know this but there will also be a Sopranos Academic conference held over 3 days in May of next year in NYC. I dont have the link off hand but Google "Sorpanos academic conference" and it should come up or google "David Lavery". From what I remember there was no indication that Chase himself would be at the conference but who knows. It does sound like it is going to be amazing.

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote: In view of that, I proposed either the first or second Saturday in November, which would put it either November 3rd or 10th. So those are two dates that you can be thinking about. Of course I will immediately notify by email and post to this forum when the date has been finally established.
Once again, I realize I am new here and have not had the chance to get to "know" you all as it seems so many have done; however, I am a huge fan like each of you and I would like the opportunity to sit down with you and with David, given the opportunity. First, thanks to Fly for reaching out to try to make this happen, especially given her recent change of heart. :icon_confused:
Next, I live in southern NJ and should have no problem meeting like minded folks on any Saturday in November, or whenever. So thanks for keeping this info out there on the board and I will stay tuned. :icon_wink:

Fly, when you say you are going to e-mail about a certain date, and info on reservations and all that are you talking about the people who have told you they are interested in going or all chase lounge members? If it's not the latter, I'd like to be added on that mailing list if the whole thing is going to happen-- all the info-- as I'm going to be in nyc from sept.- dec.

I heard back from Jason Minter this morning regarding the latest date considerations. He said:

"Because of his crazy travel plans and a number of other issues David has concerning November and December, David asks if this gathering could take place some time in January--perhaps the 19th or 26th?

Sorry about this."

I'm always happy for extra time, so this is no problem for me and might at least make possible the attendance of a very near and dear forum member who otherwise was going to have to miss the event. So I'm all for holding it in January, especially as Chase himself proposed one of these two dates (both Saturdays). I suspect I can apply a little pressure this way so that the commitment is much firmer than the fluid situation up to now.

I will point out that January 21st is Martin Luther King, Jr., day here in the states, so the 19th may have pluses (no work the Monday after the event) or minuses (more travelers?) for those coming from out of town. I favor the 19th.

Please weigh in with your thoughts ASAP.

Return to “"Proshai, Sopranos: A Final Toast from The Chase Lounge"”