Re: Settling on a date

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:Splish, I vaguely recall that you and she had some private communications after you wrote that post that I took offense to after MIA had just aired. I never talked to her about what was said and don't think I want to know. :icon_biggrin: She never misses an opportunity to hype me -- her biggest personal flaw and one I'm constantly trying to get her to correct. But I certainly don't recall her mentioning anything about perfect pitch on the forum. My apologies on her behalf for the blatant braggadocio.

As a matter of fact, something musical is involved with the "secret" project, and most of it has already been completed. Still a lot of other stuff to do, though.

You are quite correct, Fly. Please excuse me if I made it seem like she said that in public. It most likely was said in a private message. Sorry, I didn't think there would be anything wrong with my repeating her having said you have perfect pitch and I apologize to both you and her if either of you were offended by that. I honestly just thought it would be great to hear an example of your music and I still do think it would be great.

Since the end of the show, I've come back here sporadically to check on the status of the get-together with David Chase. Since I can't attend, I wanted to hear the details and experience it vicariously thru y'all.

I'm so sorry to hear about the delays and lack of commitment from DC, for whatever reason. Fly, for your sake alone I hope this comes to pass, and soon. I'll keep checking back and hoping to read "A DATE HAS BEEN SET!"

BTW, re the Monopoly game: What a great idea, but is this something that Parker Bros might object to?

LOL Hilarious!! Thanks porkstore for giving me the best laugh i've had in awhile! i accidently left my speaker volume up when i turned this on at work and everyone was wondering what the heck i was doing! (not too mention that i was so busted...). Hopefully, this will provide a lighter viewpoint on the ending just in time for the holidays!

Hi Everyone- Did i miss something? just checking in about whatever has become of our gathering plans for January 19th. I have still kept it open, but after 12 feet of snow in the Sierras last weekend, i guess i'll just have to go skiing instead of having dinner with Mr. Chase if he doesn't confirm soon...:icon_confused: !!

badabellisima wrote:Hi Everyone- Did i miss something? just checking in about whatever has become of our gathering plans for January 19th. I have still kept it open, but after 12 feet of snow in the Sierras last weekend, i guess i'll just have to go skiing instead of having dinner with Mr. Chase if he doesn't confirm soon...:icon_confused: !!
I have only had one communication with Jason since the last I wrote about, and it actually concerned something strictly about him (his participation in a national NPR show that aired in November.) I didn't even mention the gathering, and he didn't either in his reply.

As I wrote before, I'm tired of the non-commitment, the continual date shifts, etc. and was too busy with work for most of November and December to even think about it. Then Chase's lawsuit hit the news, and I realized the specter of that event may have been playing some role in his moods and willingness to contemplate dates for a gathering.

Still, I'm inclined to just let it drop. I don't relish making myself a nuisance. If Chase is interested, it will be easy enough for him to get in touch with me.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:Still, I'm inclined to just let it drop. I don't relish making myself a nuisance. If Chase is interested, it will be easy enough for him to get in touch with me.
Like tears in the rain! It is what it is.

To be honest, I was looking forward to meeting my fellow board members just as much as Chase.

Removing this common interest, we are quite the crew of misfit strangers. That's what I loved about this place. As you all know, this doesn't happen on the Internet often, so another thanks to FLY!

I'm scared.

MY GOD!!! Don't let me end up on a Battlestar Galactica forum. I don't want to die alone.
Bacala: You know, Quasimodo predicted all this.
Tony: Who did what?

Return to “"Proshai, Sopranos: A Final Toast from The Chase Lounge"”