Re: Sushi

Cassata wrote:IMO, I think it is important to the final 5. I can't explain why. But I have a feeling that something is out of sequence.

don't over anilyze it. it just to show that artie's cooking got sucky lately so tony just found better restaurant to satisfy his glutony.
________
Arthritis forums

Actually I think analyzing the sushi is a good idea seeing as most Italian families rarely eat it and it definitely symbolizes a change in mindset. Possibly part of the Finnerty dream experience. Trying new things after dying.
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

SilvioMancini wrote:Actually I think analyzing the sushi is a good idea seeing as most Italian families rarely eat it and it definitely symbolizes a change in mindset. Possibly part of the Finnerty dream experience. Trying new things after dying.

Oh Jeezus, comon now! You sopranos geeks are something else:)
you seriusly mean to tell me that italians don't eat sushi? Tony's family having chinese all the time, so they're not that stuck up.
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZERS

Cassata wrote:Any thoughts why Tony and Carmela never went back to Nori's after the shooting?

...and as De Novo states - Dining on the dead.

This clearly is about getting older. Tony is softening up more and more. His super-ego is slowly winning the battle against his drives, leaving that brute lifestyle behind.

In "The Blue Comet" Tony also mentions his Tomatos with a - for him very sentimental tone. Tomatos representing the family "blood", caring and nursing, or simply the value of life.

Return to “Sopranos Symbolism and Subtext”