Re: Bells, Duality, Metaphysics, schrodingers Cat Oh my!

[SIZE="7"][font="Times New Roman"]Ding! (Boxing references continued)[/font][/SIZE]

[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"](The villainous mobster in “Raging Bull” was played by Frank Vincent, the same actor who plays Phil Leotardo on “The Sopranos.” Things didn’t end particularly well for Vincent’s character in “Raging Bull.”)[/SIZE][/font]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]-Vito Spatafore, pretending to be a writer named "Vince" writing a book on Rocky Marciano. Diner patron asks Vito what the year when Rocky Marciano fought Joe Louis was.(Johnny Cakes)[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]
"I saw Graziano fight sugar ray in 1952.I took a train to Chicago. Maybe you should interview me."-Guy in Diner
"Maybe I will."-Vito
"I thought you were writing a book about ROCKY Marciano."-Johnny
"Well, you can't talk about one without the other. "-Vito
"Marciano now that was a tragic death."-Johnny
"Now what was the year he fought Joe Louis '49?"-Guy in Diner
"Yeah."-Vito
"Actually, I think it was ’51.'-Johnny[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Father of Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri. Soldier in Junior Soprano's crew in his younger days, he owned and worked part-time in a barber shop cutting hair, the shop was a front for his illegal businesses, he sold it after he retired from the family[/font][/SIZE]

[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]Actor Burt Young also played “Paulie” in the Rocky movies[/SIZE][/font]
[SIZE="7"][font="Times New Roman"]On a a slight (ring)side note:[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Chase is the most candid of all and says that the ending was such because 'ambiguity is very important to me'.
He compared it classic films like 'Raging Bull' in which boxer Jake LaMotta played by Robert de Niro talks to himself in the mirror before the screen goes black with a quote from The Bible on screen.[/font][/SIZE]

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="7"]And in this Corner, weighing in at over 250 lbs, Tony “The raging bologna” Soprano[/SIZE][/font]

[SIZE="7"][font="Times New Roman"]And in the other corner, weighing in at 170 lbs soaking wet, Phil "Salvy Batts”Leona-I mean Leotardo!![/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]So now we’ve established this boxing theme and its connection to Quantum Entaglement, lets look at one of the many duals\duels, if not the Main Bout of the show. Phil Leotardo versus Tony Soprano. Thankfully I don’t have to do all the work in giving you a comparison as Masterofsopranos.com has already done much of the footwork on this one, so I will quote their work.[/font][/SIZE]
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"][font="Times New Roman"]Ding Ding Ding Ding! Let the fight begin(source for quotes Masterofsopranos.com)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Tony celebrates his 47th birthday in “Sopranos Home Movies” and is that age when he dies. Phil celebrates his dead brother’s 47th birthday in “Stage 5.”[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]The final scene brings the “The Man in the Member’s Only” jacket dangerously close to his family. Phil’s wife and grand babies were dangerously close to his murder and Phil’s goomar and her father are accidentally murdered as a byproduct of Tony’s actions. Phil’s goomar even gets to watch her father take a bullet in the head (and then catches a few bullets herself) just as Meadow sees Tony take a shot in the head as she enters Holsten’s in the final scene.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]The theme is also reflected in Tony’s parallel destiny with Phil Leotardo. Phil takes over as acting boss when Johnny Sack is incarcerated. He is not entirely sympathetic to Tony after his shooting and seems surprised when Tony gives in to him when he visits the recovering Tony at home. Phil despises Johnny Sack for crying at his daughter’s wedding after Sack is taken away by the FBI. The tension between Tony and Phil mounts in 6a over Tony’s apparent reluctance to kill Vito over his uncovered homosexuality.Just as it appears that Phil will go to war with Tony, Phil has a serious heart attack that delays the inevitable conflict. Tony then visits Phil in the hospital and relays his near death experience. Tony tells him that he visited someplace and never wants to go back. Tony then ties his shooting and wake up call to family, he tells Phil to “focus on the grand-kids, the good things.” Tony takes Phil’s hand and tears flow down Phil’s cheek (Phil’s crying contrasts to his ridicule of Johnny Sack for crying at his daughter’s wedding).As Season 6B opens, Phil has apparently taken Tony’s words to heart. He has just returned from Florida where he rehabbed after his surgery. He quickly tells Tony he has no interest in being boss and that he is “here to enjoy his grandchildren.” Both Tony and Phil’s near death experience lead to a new outlook on life and a concentration on family.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"](Continued on to the next post)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"][font="Times New Roman"]Ding Ding Ding Ding!! (Cont.)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Just as Tony’s awakening was short lived, Phil’s is as well. At Phil’s dead brother Billy’s 47th birthday celebration, we learn of his long simmering anger that his family name has been disgraced for centuries (his ancestors were forced to change the family name to “Leotardo” from “Leonardo” after they arrived in America). Phil also feels he has been stepped on too long. He resents new boss Doc Santoro and still has deep anger over Tony Blundetto’s murder of his brother. He tells Butchie “No more of this” and then takes out Doc Santoro to become the new official boss of the NY Lupertazzi family.Phil becomes more recalcitrant than ever. Phil demands 25% from Tony to allow him to continue dumping asbestos at his station. During Christopher and Tony’s last ride together, Chris tells Tony to give in to Phil and tells him “Life’s too short.” Tony responds “Life’s also too short to live it as a lackey.” The regression of Tony is clear as he subsequently kills Christopher. At a sit-down between Tony and Phil, Tony relays their moment of connection at Phil’s hospital bed, he says “We shared an understanding about life.” Phil responds coldly that “This is business” and refuses to negotiate with Tony.Phil, through a series of events, eventually declares all out war on Tony and NJ. Phil is worse than ever before. Tony’s murder of Chris and his subsequent lack of remorse and trip to Vegas is the nadir of his deterioration. Their parallel destinies are about to meet a violent conclusion.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]
To further emphasize this inevitability, Chase makes a key throwback to Tony’s coma-trip. During Tony’s coma trip, Tony Blundetto/Man told Tony that “You’re Going Home.” This symbolized him entering the “Inn at the Oaks” and his death. In the 6b episode “Chasing It,” Nancy Sinatra asks Tony and Phil “Are you two going home together?” They will soon be able to answer that question. Tony and Phil die in the exact same violent way. Both die instantly with shots to the head that they “never hear coming.” Both die in front of their families of three (for Tony: Carmela, A.J. and Meadow coming through the door; for Phil: his wife and his two baby grandchildren). Both are shot while they are happily distracted by their families (Phil by the babies, Tony by Meadow walking through the door). Phil is shot dead right after he playfully waives goodbye to babies in the backseat; a cold irony to his earlier words that he wants to “concentrate on his grand-kids.” More specifically, Phil gets shot as he tells his wife to call his doctor to get his pills. Tony gets shot just moments after Carmela tells Tony that Meadow will be late because she had a doctor’s appointment to switch birth control pills. Furthermore, Vanilla Fudge’s You Keep Me Hanging on plays as Phil is shot. The opening shot of “Made in America” is an overhead casket shot of Tony sleeping; Tony’s alarm wakes him up eerily playing what sounds like organ music heard at a funeral, that tune then ends and Tony hears the same version of You Keep me Hanging On. The song links the two scenes and the character’s shared destinies. Finally, both are killed by relative unknowns: Tony by “Man in Member’s Only Jacket” and Phil by Walden Belafore, a character we have been introduced to just a few episodes before. Also of note is that the other “boss,” Johnny Sack, dies in front of his family (also of three, his wife and two daughters) in the prison hospital. The prison security guard tells Johnny that he cannot hug his family (“No Physical contact please”). The three bosses commitment to power, wealth and criminality ultimately separates them permanently from what is most important to them.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Phil gets shot as he tells his wife to call his doctor to get his pills. Tony gets shot just moments after Carmela tells Tony that Meadow will be late because she had a doctor’s appointment to switch birth control pillsFurthermore, Vanilla Fudge’s You Keep Me Hanging on plays as Phil is shot. The opening shot of “Made in America” is an overhead casket shot of Tony sleeping; Tony’s alarm wakes him up eerily playing what sounds like organ music heard at a funeral, that tune then ends and Tony hears the same version of You Keep me Hanging On. The song links the two scenes and the character’s shared destinies. Finally, both are killed by relative unknowns: Tony by “Man in Member’s Only Jacket” and Phil by Walden Belafore, a character we have been introduced to just a few episodes before.After Eugene’s murder of Spiradokis, Eugene listens to Blondie’s Dreaming; Tony enters Holsten’s as Little Feat’s All that you Dream plays in the diner.(In the final scene of the show at Holstens)The gray haired man with the boy scouts resembles Phil Leotoardo(and is wearing gray just like Phil when he is murdered) and is constantly standing and hovering over Tony’s left shoulder throughout the scene. Chase shows us this same gray haired man with the cub scouts point at two of the children; his thumb is straight up as he points making his hand resemble a gun. During this same shot, the words “Super Dave Phillip” are seen on the wall of Holsten’s just above the “Phil” Leotardo look-a-like’s head. The man is again seen standing over Tony’s shoulder just before the cut to black. [/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Tony’s bedside advice to Phil to “focus on the grand-kids, the good things” takes on an even greater resonance in the final scene. It appears from several scenes in the final episode that Meadow and Patrick Parisi are engaged. Early on in the Holsten’s scene, Carmela tells Tony that Meadow will be coming from the doctor as she had to “switch birth control.” This may imply that Meadow may be pregnant as her original birth control was not working (before switching the doctor would give her a pregnancy test). Meadow rushes to the door of Holsten’s with an anxious look on her face which may indicate that she has big news to tell her parents. This moment is congruous to a scene in the 6a episode “Mr. and Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request.” In that episode there is a tender moment between Tony and Meadow as they prepare to leave for Allegra Sack’s wedding. Tony, having just survived the shooting of Junior, talks about the importance of having grandchildren and asks Meadow about any plans of marriage to Finn. Tony, in a clear state of emotion says “What I have been through [near death experience] changes the way you think.” Tony says “all of sudden it is very important to me [to hold his grandchild in his arms].” In the final scene, Tony will soon hear the news that he has waited for, that he will be able to hold his grandchild in his arms. However, Tony is killed just before Meadow delivers the news. The final scene is a tragic and ironic counterpoint to the scene in “Mr. and Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request.”[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Meadow almost gets struck by an SUV while crossing the street to Holsten’s, which recalls Phil’s SUV that crushed his head. One of the songs on the jukebox shown in close-up is Graham Brown’s Rock It, Billy. This echoes Tony Blundetto’s murder of Phil’s nephew “Billy” Leotardo. It was this murder that began Phil’s simmering anger at Tony Soprano and ultimately to the NJ-NY war. As discussed in Part I and II, Tony’s murder in Holsten’s draws symbolic comparisons to Phil’s murder earlier in the episode. Both Tony and Phil never hear the shot that kills them and are both distracted by and murdered in front their families of three (For Tony: Carmela, A.J., and Meadow walking through the door; for Phil: his wife and two baby grandchildren). In addition, two young black men enter Holsten’s just seconds before MOG shoots Tony and would have presumably witnessed Tony’s death. Earlier, a group of young black men witness Phil’s head get crushed by his SUV causing one of the men to puke. Further, the second patron that walks into the diner wears a “USA” cap with an American flag color patterning in the letters; this echoes the numerous shots of the American flags at the gas station where Phil is murdered.The mural on the back wall shows some type of dormitory that strongly resembles the “Inn at the Oaks” which represented death in his coma-trip (also remember that this back wall was created by Chase and his production team). The football player on the back wall mural wears the number “38,” which may symbolize the popular 38 calibre handgun. The player is also situated behind Tony’s right shoulder, where MOG will be, perhaps with his own 38 pistol. The player on the right side of the mural (over Tony’s left shoulder) has the number “22,” another popular handgun. The song Magic Moment is clearly seen on the jukebox. This is a call back to “Sopranos Home Movies” and Bacala’s fateful question “You probably never hear it when it happens, right?” The song closes that episode.Two episodes after “Sopranos Home Movies,” we learn that Tony’s own father ordered him to commit his first murder at the age of 22. This was Tony’s “Magic Moment” that led him on the path of a criminal life that would eventually destroy him. Also of note is that one of the two college football players on the back wall of Holsten’s has the number “22”. As discussed earlier in this section, there are also symbolic and visual suggestions that Man in Members Only Jacket’s murder of Tony may be his first kill. The end of “Sopranos Home Movies” also links to the final moments of Holsten’s in that at the end of the former, Bobby’s daughter runs into his arms as “This Magic Moment” plays. In the closing moments of the finale, Meadow runs across the street into Holsten’s to reunite with Tony and her family. However, Tony is killed before he can make that connection with his precious Meadow.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"][font="Times New Roman"]What happens when you play the Godfather in Reverse?[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"]2.”That they're separate entities is simply the way we choose to perceive them."-Mr Wizard
[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]This is the next quote from Mr. Wizard we will attempt to explore a little. We touched on this some in the first part but lets look at how other things on the show that appear separate are actually connected. Lets take a look at one example that has a little sense of humor about itself, in a scene from “Mr. and Mrs John Sacrimoni Request…” where Tony talks to Chrissy after agreeing with John that he will put the hit on Rusty.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"We bring somebody over from Naples.”-Tony
"What?” -Chrissy
"Completely insulate ourselves. They do Rusty, they're back on a plane over the Atlantic two hours later.”-Tony
"I don't know, T. You ask me, farming it out is a pussy-ass maneuver.”-Chrissy
"Excuse me?”-Tony
"Ton', the rollatine!”-Carmela
"Hold on.”-Tony
"If we're gonna do it, we should do it ourselves, maintain control.
Better yet, tell New York to fucking handle it already.”-Chrissy
"John just asked me specifically.”-Tony
"So it's like the movie then.’-Chrissy
"What movie?”-Tony
“One.(Godfather) That you can't refuse a man's request on his daughter's wedding day.”-Chrissy
"No, it's the other way around. That I should be asking him for something he can't refuse.”-Tony
"So did you?”-Chrissy
“No.”-Tony[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]We are now going to go through the other parallels, or “Quantum Entanglements” if you will, throughout the series, but particularly seasons 5 and 6a\b. Once again much thanks to Avclub.com MasterofSopranos.com and TheotherForever (soprano land forum) for doing most of the work gathering the different parallels. Theres so many, its no easy task for one person and this analysis would not be as doable without it. So thanks again! Lets see how all the different spaghetti noodles of this show are tangled together……[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]The Episode the “Two Tonys” gives us quite an insight. First thing of note is that this is the episode we see Phil Leotardo being released from jail alongside Tony B. Both these characters end up being a nemesis of sorts for Tony S. Also early in the episode, we see that a black bear has come onto the Sopranos property. This bear comes out from the same place the Ducks once did, although now we see that the ducks are gone and so is Tony. Clearly the Bear represents Tony. Since we only see Tony B once in the whole episode and a photo at that, its safe to assume the Two Tonys most likely refers to Tony and the Bear. Lets follow the Bear through Season fives narrative. First heres an observation I posted a while back while my most recent rewatching of the show started. I was already noticing some of these things Im talking about now. Heres a quote[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Listen for the double meaning here, about the bear and Tony

"You're gonna call Dad aren't you?"-AJ
"No."-Carmela
"A great percentage of them don't come back. If he does call us." -Wildlife Guy (which next time she calls the wildlife guy both Tony, in a BLACK leather jacket with all black clothes I might add ,and the Bear have shown up.)
"Oh ah, you keep bird feed back there?"-Wildlife guy
"Ah yes, Duck food. It's my husbands."-Carmela
"It's probable what attracted the animal. See the corns gotten damp and aromatic. You might want to tell your husband to keep it inside."-Wildlife Guy
"Right”-Carmela

It think the title of this episode "2 Tony's" has 2 meanings. The Bear and Tony making up 2 Tonys. And Tony's cousin and him. Another interesting note is that Tonys cousin has Twins, thus again evoking this pair idea. Plus how the money is kept in the Duck food at one point, which Tony will be back for, while the Bear will be back for the Corn. Plenty double meaning play going on here.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]The other 2 Tonys also serves to describe Tony S and Tony B. Their relationship mimics the quantum entanglement theory in season 6 in how they are one organism but also each others nemesis to some degree.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"] Tony also is quoted in this episode saying to Melfi when he’s trying to put the moves on her,
[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"You know, forget about the way that Tony Soprano makes his way in the world, that's just to feed his children. There's two Tony Sopranos.You've never seen the other one. That's the one I wanna show to you.”-Tony[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"][font="Times New Roman"]"reMEMBER when" we said “this thing of ours” is for “MEMBER's Only”?[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"]"Tornados" Tony "Teddy Bear" Soprano and Eugene "the original 'Man in Members Only Jacket'" Pontecorvo [/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"] In the finale “ Made in America” the character playing the suspicious 'man in members only jacket' is 'Paolo Colandrea', a man with no previous acting experience, who got a call from Chase and claims to have signed papers preventing him from revealing what happened. The point being that the part and actors name together make an anagram of 'A man kills Tony, Carmela, AJ - don become prone', the Don being Tony, prone meaning, literally, lying on your front. Try it it works. I thought it was a joke the first and second time I heard it. Then I actually tried it and it works. [/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]Take the words;
Man in Members Only Jacket-Paolo Colandrea
using the same exact letters only once it spells
A man kills Tony Carmela AJ-don become prone[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Try it before you laugh,it works out….[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Moving right along, Just for the fun and in the spirit of the randomness of things we are going to skip over the 3rd quote from Mr. Wizard. that we are going to explore and save that one for next as the order of things isn’t as important as the connections of things. The third question deals with Schordingers cat, which we shall tackle next, whether Paulie likes it or not…. [/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="7"][font="Times New Roman"]So what does Mr Wizard See when he looks in the mirror????[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]4."Well, think of the two boxers as ocean waves or currents of air, two tornadoes, say.They appear to be two things, right? Two separate things. But they're not. Tornadoes are just wind, the wind stirred up in different directions. The fact is, nothing is separate everything's connected."-Mr Wizard[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"Retiring? what, are you a hockey player?"- Tony
"I'm gonna be 50 in three years, Ton’."-Eugene[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]In this section we will not only be examining the parallels between Eugene and Tony but the entire episode of “Members Only” itself in order to look at the set up to what the following 20 episodes played out. We already spent time examining the opening title sequence known as the “Seven Souls Montage” so we won’t go digging up any molehills on that one. But before we get much further lets look at the quote in the Episode “Members Only” that is the only time we hear those words spoken out loud in the whole show.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"I keep this up, I'm gonna need clothing anonymous.”-Vito
"You should have called your sponsor before you bought that jacket.”-Eugene
"Look at this guy. MEMBERS ONLY?”-Vito (emphasis added)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]We clearly see chase and co setting up the fact that “members only” refers to the jacket being worn in this scene and put emphasis on it, in case we missed the point in the title of the episode. Of course we have the famous Chase Machine double meaning going on here too. Members Only also refers to the fact their is no retiring. I looked up Members Only Jacket on Wikipedia just for shits and look what it said;[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]Members Only is a brand of clothing that became popular in the 1980s with the Members Only jacket.[1] The brand was created in 1975[2] and introduced to American markets in 1980 by Europe Craft Imports.[1]
Members Only jackets were manufactured in a wide variety of colors. The jackets have epaulettes. Their advertising tagline was "WHEN YOU PUT IT ON, SOMETHING HAPPENS”(emphasis added)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]Wow quite a tagline eh? Considering what it means to the mythos of “this thing of our” I think it has significance that has been overlooked mostly because the Chase Machine has left so much for us to find it is completely staggering, thats right I repeated myself too. Speaking of repeating oneself heres another little tangly thingy I came across about the #47 in The Sopranos. Lets see what wikipedia says;[/SIZE][/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Forty-seven has been the favorite number of Pomona College, California, USA, since 1964. A mathematical proof, written in 1964 by Professor Donald Bentley, supposedly demonstrates that all numbers are equal to 47.[5] However, Bentley offered it as a "joke proof" to further a popular student research project that listed real and imaginative "47 sightings". Bentley used the invalid proof to introduce his students to the concept of mathematical proofs.[6] The proof used limits to show that the sum of the two equal sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the base side. Bentley chose forty-seven as the base side, but he could have used any number.
Joe Menosky graduated from Pomona College in 1979 and went on to become one of the story writers of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Menosky "infected" other Star Trek writers with an enthusiasm for the number 47.[7] As a result, 47, its reverse 74, its multiples, or combinations of 47 occur surreptitiously in almost every episode of the program and its spin-offs Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise.[5][8] Forty-seven might be mentioned in dialogue or appear on a computer screen.
J. J. Abrams, who produced and directed Star Trek, frequently uses the number 47 in his productions, including episodes of his TV series Fringe. In the Season 1 episode "Bad Dreams", aired shortly before the release of Star Trek in theaters, Nick Lane's bulletin board features a large centrally-located sheet of paper with only the number 47 in huge typeface. It recurs in the series, for example 47 minutes being the maximum amount of time for a time chamber in the series to last, and there being exactly 47 shapeshifters. J.J. Abrams continues to incorporate 47 into movies and series he produces and directs. There are many 47's in Fringe, Alias, and recently in Revolution, of which Abrams is a producer. In the Season 1 episode "Soul Train" of the series Revolution, the characters are involved with an old train engine where the engine number happens to be 47.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Appears to be a nod to freaks like me and of course the show LOST and Star Trek.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Phils Wife mentions a Tailor going blind at 47
Eugene Pontecorvo- was 47 when he died.(" I'm gonna be 50 in three years, Ton’”)
Billy Leotardo- We are told through dialogue with Phil that Billy would have been 47 had he lived.
Tony Soprano- celebrates his 47th birthday in Soprano Home Movies[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]What the above attempts to illustrate is further connection to this concept of Quantum entanglement we have talked about already. There are so many examples I couldn’t possibly provide them all without writing nothing short of an encyclopedia, but I will do my best to provide as many as I can that resonate the clearest with this idea. Lets look at some other interesting elements to this story in the next post.[/font][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KQRv0UQQ_CY/UOXQYJ9BBUI/AAAAAAAABVg/Sd5oFCcn4fc/s1600/integração.jpg[/img]
[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"](CONTINUED ON THE NEXT POST.....)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"][font="Times New Roman"](CONTINUED)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Lets take a look at the Eugene Pontecorvo timeline on the show. Lets see what wikipedia says, I’ll add emphasis to the key things I want to point out as important to this analysis.;[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][font="Times New Roman"]Season 3
Eugene Pontecorvo was introduced on the show as an associate in the Soprano crime family in the episode "Proshai, Livushka". Eugene subsequently becomes a made man in the following episode "Fortunate Son" along with CHRISTOPHER MOLTISANTI. Like Vito Spatafore and Benny Fazio, he is initially introduced as a small character, whose role slowly increases throughout the series. His first act on the show is seen in "Proshai, Livushka" when he and Bobby Zanone assault a garbage sanitation man for threatening to rat out Ralph Cifaretto. Eugene Pontecorvo also appears in a flashback to 1995 in the episode "...To Save Us All From Satan's Power" as a bodyguard of Junior Soprano's, along with Gigi Cestone. He, along with Vito Spatafore and Donny K., found Gigi Cestone dead on the toilet in the Aprile Crew hangout after suffering a constipation-induced heart attack.

Season 4

Eugene reveals his mean streak once again in the episode "Eloise" when he and another associate are sent to intimidate a juror who is on Junior Soprano's trial. He pays for the man's candy and drink at a check out counter in the store, intimidating him by expressing "I know you'll do the right thing", implicating he knows he will be a deadlock juror and thereby hinder Junior's conviction.

Season 5

Although mild-mannered, Eugene has a tendency to lose his temper, similar to Ralph Cifaretto. In the episode Unidentified Black Males, while he and Little Paulie Germani are engaging in what initially began as a harmless banter at the Esplanade construction site, Little Paulie goes too far in Eugene's mind when he conveys through an innuendo that Eugene is a homosexual. Eugene responds by smashing a glass Snapple bottle over Little Paulie's head, causing a severe gash over his eye, and kicks him repeatedly in the head. Vito instructs an overwrought Eugene to take the rest of the day off. When Eugene asks "what about him (Little Paulie)?", Vito responds with "What? I thought I saw a couple of niggers running that way." It's also a reference to the episode's title, "Unidentified Black Males".

Season 6

In Season Six's premiere episode "Members Only", Eugene inherited 2 million dollars from his deceased aunt. He begins developing serious stress with his home life due to his wife pushing him to talk Tony into their retiring to Florida with the money and also his son's incessant drug-use. He states to his friends that, "The only thing I ever found in the street was my first wife," showing that he hasn't had much GOOD LUCK in his life. Eugene has a talk with Tony about him and his family moving to Florida permanently. Tony says he'll consider it, but he states Eugene took an oath indicating it's highly unlikely he'll approve. Christopher Moltisanti assigns Eugene the task of taking out a guy named Teddy Spirodakis in Boston who owed CHRISTOPHER money and failed to pay him. As he enters the DINER a BELL rings. He looks over at the table just like the guy in Holstens, then walks over to the table in a very similar way. Eugene is reluctant, but has to follow Christopher's order due to his rank of capo. Chris assures Eugene he will put in a good word for him to Tony as a favor for doing the hit. Eugene drives to Boston and finds Teddy eating dinner at a fast food restaurant and shoots him repeatedly in the head. Eugene then walks out calmly.

It is revealed Eugene has been an informant for the F.B.I., though it is unclear for how long. After Raymond Curtodies of a massive stroke while giving potentially damaging information to Agent Robyn Sanseverino about Tony discussing a murder, the F.B.I. informs Eugene they also refuse his notion to move to Florida, as they need him in Jersey to help build a case against Tony in the wake of Curto's death.

Silvio informs Gene that Tony denied his request to move. With Tony and the Feds both hindering Eugene's chance to escape the mafia life and his stress caused by his unstable home life, Eugene sees no way out and hangs himself in his basement.
[/font][/SIZE]

[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]Notice how he was made alongside Chrissy? I think that is significant given the arc of Chrissys character and his ominous sighting of the infamous “bird” during the making ceremony. Both characters die in season 6 both had something in their lives going on with drug addiction (Eugenes son has a heroin problem, Chris has a heroin problem) There is definitely a strong link between the two characters. Im not trying to imply the Chase Machine, as clever as it is, knew way back in season 3 that it would end up being used this way, but nevertheless it turned out to be a very handy tool in the storytelling tool box as it shows you once again PARALLEL lives. Speaking of which lets pause here for a moment and notice the person Eugene is asked to put a hit on. First thing of interest, is notice who is asking here. Chrissy, It illustrates how Chrissy has risen over the years and how Eugene has pretty much stayed at the same level within the ranks of the mafia. Chrissy has been shown favoritism for being Tonys “cousin" and Eugene is well aware of that fact, although like most guys in his shoes he seems to accept it as his lot in life for the most part. Until the money comes. But anyway, back to the hit. So Chrissy orders the hit. Lets look at the dialogue for a moment;[/SIZE][/font]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"I got a call from Fritzie up in Boston. There's a guy named Teddy Spirodakis, owes some money.”-Chrissy
"You want me to collect?”-Eugene
"That ship sailed. Final notice time.”-Chrissy[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Teddy Spirodakis is an obvious play on words in that its intials are the same as Tony Soprano, T.S. But even more interesting is the information in his full name. “Teddy” resonates to the idea of Tony being a Black Bear, and the image of the teddy bear in the broken hotel elevator in his COMA|NEardeath Experience. So we see again there is an allusion to Tony Soprano being made. Also in the last name we see the word Spiro in the last name. Theres an interesting thing called a Spiro compound which upon examination has a connection here as well to the Quantum Entaglement idea.[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"]Heres what Wikipedia says about it;[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"][font="Times New Roman"]A spiro compound is a BICYCLIC organic compound with rings connected through just one atom. The rings can be different in nature or identical. The connecting atom is also called the spiroatom, most often a quaternary carbon ("spiro carbon"). All spiro compounds have the infix spiro followed by square brackets containing the number of atoms in the smaller ring and the number of atoms in the larger ring excluding the spiroatom itself; the numbers being separated by a dot. For example compound A is called 1-bromo-3-chlorospiro[4.5]decan-7-ol and compound B is called 1-bromo-3-chlorospiro[3.6]decan-7-ol. The spiro compound consisting of a cyclohexane ring and a cyclopentane ring is called spiro[4.5]decane. This nomenclaturewas proposed by Adolf von Baeyer in 1900.[1](emphasis added)[/font][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Man, you can’t make this stuff up!!!!! Like I said so many connections its intense! Well where were we, yes the hit. One other thing, I can’t help but think since Chrissy is asking Eugene to do this without Tony knowing means that Tony probably originally asked Chrissy but as we see through out the course of this season, Chrissy is drifting away from this side of thigns.Lets see what Wikipedia says about one Mr Teddy Spirodakis [/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Theodore "Teddy" SPIROdakis is an untidy, obese Greek-American and compulsive gambler. He resides in Boston, Massachusetts. He is killed by Eugene Pontecorvo on orders from Christopher Moltisanti for not paying his gambling DEBTS. He is extremely naive about dealing with organized crime and actually recognized Eugene, greeting him in a friendly manner before he was shot dead, seemingly totally unaware of his outstanding DEBTS to Christopher.(emphasis added)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]"Gambling Debts!" We’ve heard this before haven’t we, in many other episodes.. First time we hear it expressed is in the episode "Nobody Knows Anything"[/SIZE][/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Tony Soprano: I'm not gonna hurt a man that I love because of some cop gossip from a degenerate fuckin' gambler with a badge. You understand me?
Vin Makazian: You know... You got an amazing ability to sum up a man's whole life in a single sentence. “DEGENERATE GAMBLER with a badge." You're a pisser, you're a real pisser.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"](CONTINUED ON NEXT POST)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"](CONTINUED)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]We realize later in Season 3’s “Fortunate Son” that this pathos was due to the warning Tony’s father gave him after he witnessed Mr Satrielles finger getting “cleaver”ed off. (his first panic attack)ReMEMBER? Well in case you forgot heres a quick refresh.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"Mr Satrielle is a DEGENERATE GAMBLER.It’s how i put food on the table.You should never gamble, Anthony."”-Johnny Soprano
"Johnny, dinner's ready! Anthony! Janice, turn that off!”-Livia
" Let this be a lesson to you. A man honors his DEBTS.”-Johnny
"What a beautiful cut he sent.”-Livia
"You like it standing with the bone in, huh, lee? Look at those juices.”-Johnny
"Go wayne newton.Can i have the end piece? Johnny, let's eat while it's still hot.”-Livia(sexual undertones)
"You bet, baby. Lady loves her meat.”-Johnny[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"Fortunate Son” is a very appropriate companion title to the quote above. Guess who gets made with Christopher in that episode? You got it Eugene. Its from the same episode. This episode “Fortunate Son” refers to the storylines of Jackie JR. AJ, Tony S, Chrissy, etc etc. It hits on the notion of how all of these things are “connected” as euphemism in the mafia goes. So this character obviously resonates as Tony on many levels as you can see. Lets continue looking at the Parallels between Eugene and Tony S but before we do let me point out the song that plays as Eugene drives away from Boston after killing Teddy S is the Blondie Song, DREAMing Off the album PARALLEL LINES( Tony enters Holsten’s as Little Feat’s All that you DREAM) plays in the diner.)….. [/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]We see further parallels when In the episode members only we learn that Eugene Pontecorvo has inherited a little over two million dollars from his aunt, and he and his wife Deanne wish to use the money to move to Fort Myers, Florida. Eugene goes to Tony with a gift of expensive watches and a request to retire to Florida. Tony tells Eugene he took an oath (as seen in the episode "Fortunate Son"), and retiring is not an option, but he will consider it. Eugene's wife is becoming restless, as they have found a desirable house for purchase in Florida, which could be soon bought by someone else.Then later on in the Season, In the Episode “SECOND coming” When Tony goes downstairs in the morning, he finds that the gift he bought for Carmela. Tony gives Carmela an engraved Baume et Mercier watch, as a present from his trip to Vegas. He FedExed the watch home. Carmela blames A.J.'s condition on Tony's family's genetic predisposition towards depression, tells Tony he plays the "depression card," and throws the watch he bought for her in his face. So we have the gift of watches making a full circle here as well. Heres a quick little nugget about the brand of watch Tony gives Carmela that was interesting form wikipedia;[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]During the "Roaring Twenties", the brand embraced women's emancipation. In the 1940s, Baume & Mercier launched a number of modern ladies' watch collections, most notably the Marquise[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]The last season has a lot of themes of Carmela being liberated so this information resonates perfectly. The Irony that the man most responsible for he inability to be liberated buys her this as a gift, only to have herself be liberated finally when she throws it back at him in one of the best fight scenes between the two character in the entire run of the show.Also of note is that JR uses his watch in jail to get bargaining power with an orderly looking to make extra cash. Watch for the Watches and DNA! (This will be explored in a later post of mine)Lets get back to the parallels again.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]In the scene in "Members Only” where Tony talks to Phil we hear the band BOSTONS song, Foreplay/Long Time playing.
In the dialogue scene between Chris and Eugene about the Teddy S. hit we hear him say;
"I got a call from Fritzie up in BOSTON.”-Chrissy[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Who is this Fritzie? Well its not clear exactly who it is but the name has come up one other time on the show and in connection to Boston.Also of not NY and Boston have a long parallel rivalry that involves the cities themselves and the sports teams who have legendary rivalries. Lets look at what Wiki says of this possible “Fritzie” character.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Francesco "Fritzie” Nesti
Played by: Unseen character
Referenced in: "The Happy Wanderer"
Fritzie Nesti is an associate or soldier of the DiMeo crime family who Sean Gismonte knows from Hoboken, New Jersey. Christopher Moltisanti warns Matthew Bevilaqua and Sean Gismonte about Silvio Dante's behavior while gambling with a story wherein Silvio was down $50,000 in a card game. At some point he sneezes and Fritzie says "salut'" Silvio thinks he says something else. Silvio then blames Fritzi for his losing streak for the rest of the game. A person named Fritzie in Boston is mentioned by Christopher in "Members Only", whether this is the same Fritzie is unclear however.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Anyway, the fact its Chrissy is the only one who mentions the name Fritzie the entire run of the show and TWO times for that matter, kinda infers it could be the same guy. Not that important but kind adds to this parallel idea we are working with here.Lets look at some more shall we. Heres an interesting conversation;[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Carmela: We are not eating at home tonight. I thought we would go to Holsten’s.
A.J.: You said we would have Manicotti?
Carmela: I have meetings with carpenters.
[Chase then cuts to Carmela as her eyes light up as she looks at the schematics of her next spec house, which appears to be a beach house].[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]In the final episode of the show “Made in America” we see Carmela looking at Blueprints what appears to be a new Spec house, the thing worthy of noticing is that it is a BEACH house. Its not clear where but the fact its a beach house is a parallel to Eugene and his wife looking to buy a beach house.[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"](TO BE CONTINUED)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"](Continued)
[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Theres also some other interesting things of notice in this episode that appear to be what I would dub “equal and opposite reactions” type thing in terms of quantum physics.
This is summed up nicely through a quote from Silvio thats a joke he’s reading from the newspaper, its very Quantum Entaglement[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"]"If your nose runs and your feet smell you're built upside down.”-Silvio[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Paulie says something with a similar effect at Bobbys Funeral dinner in "Made in America" in which he declares with an overstuffed belly, pants unbuttoned, in a classic Paulie moment;[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"]“Even in death, we are in life,” he says, talking about how much he ate at the post-funeral meal. “Or is it the other way around?”[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Paulie is attempting to quote a famous Latin saying that goes(according to wikipedia);[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"Media vita in morte sumus"
The title and first line of a Latin antiphon, which translates as "In the midst of life we are in death." It was erroneously attributed to Notker the Stammerer late in the Middle Ages, but was more probably written around 750 in France. Especially popular in the Baroque period, it was also used in Hartmann von Aue's Middle High German narrative poem Der arme Heinrich (V.93f.).[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Pretty much describes many of the themes being explored in this section of this analysis in very simple and comical terms, but hey the great cosmic joke is always being played by the greatest joker of all, the Universe.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]The first instance we see this happen in the episode “Members Only” is when Tony is in therapy with melfi Dr. Melfi calls the home that Tony put his mother in a "retirement community" and Tony corrects her and calls it a nursing home. Before this, whenever somebody called it a nursing home, Tony always corrected them and called it a retirement community. An interesting switch. A practical exact reversal and its obviously intentional.

In another instance in the same episode of this kind of parallel is a converstation between Eugene and Silvio where Eugene receives an answer from Tony via Silvio about his request to go Joey "Bannanas" (aka "retire" in mafia terms.[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"Hey, by the way, your Florida thing Tony asked me to speak to you That's a no-GO.”-Silvio
"What? “-Eugene(in shock)
"Can't be accommodated. You're part of the team.”-Silvio[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]We then see a scene where Eugene is called on the phone and we first assume its a meeting with Tony or another "made" guy but its revealed to us that Eugene has been flipped by the FBI. Listen to how similar the conversation is.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]“Look,(FBI agent) Ron, We've talked about Florida, okay?”-Eugene Gene, "That's not gonna happen. Here among your friends is where you're useful.”
"I told you, you tell your bosses, I'd come back for any trial.”-Eugene
"Florida's just one of those things you gotta let GO.”-Ron[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Another interesting observation on this theme:[/font][/SIZE]
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]Eugene choses death (suicide)
Death chooses Ray Curto (heart attack)
[/SIZE][/font]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Both deaths end up being good luck in a way for Tony even though he never finds out they were both Rats for the FBI. I like this well written analysis about the suicide scene I found on avclub.com website where Eugene hangs himself in another classic gruesomely realistic unapologetic scene that makes this show so powerful.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]The sequence where Eugene goes from looking at photos of his son—who now has a drug problem that’s intensified Eugene’s wife’s desire to move to Florida and leave mob life behind entirely—to picking up a seashell presumably obtained on the beaches of Florida to hanging himself, all in a series of swift cuts, is both masterful and incredibly poignant. I can’t say I cared about Eugene much one way or another before this sequence, but by the end of it, it’s clear he doesn’t believe he has any other options left, at least if he wants to find a way for his family to be safe and financially secure. There’s a grim, almost undeniable logic to his choices here, and Chase, episode writer Terence Winter (who won an Emmy for this script), and director Tim Van Patten guide us through it in a succession of three shots that occupy under a minute of screentime. It feels inevitable. It almost feels right.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Heres an explanation from wiki about the hanged man theme;[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]The Hanged Man (XII) is the twelfth trump or Major Arcana card in most traditional Tarot decks. It is used in game playing as well as in divination.
It depicts a pittura infamante, a shameful image of a traitor being punished in a manner common at the time for traitors in Italy.The Hanged Man's symbolism points to divinity, linking it to the Passion in Christianity, especially THE CRUCIFIXION; to the narratives of OSIRIS IN EGYPTIAN MYTHOLOGY, and Mithras in Ancient Persian mythology and Roman mythology. In all of these archetypal stories, the destruction of self brings life to humanity; on the card, these are symbolized respectively by the person of the hanged man and the living tree from which he hangs bound.

The Hanged Man is also associated with Odin, the primary god in Norse mythology. Odin hung upside down from the world-tree, Yggdrasil, for nine days to attain wisdom and thereby retrieved the runes from the Well of Wyrd, which in Norse cosmology is regarded as the source and end of all sacred mystery and knowledge. The moment he glimpsed the runes, he died, but the knowledge of them was so powerful that he immediately returned to life.[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]We can see the association being made with the Tarot theme especially the part "the destruction of self brings life to humanity", we see that theme on The Sopranos as well[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]While searching the same episode for other similar themes being expressed I came across this little piece of dialogue that showed another reverse parallel;[/SIZE]

[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="5"]"I got a call from Fritzie up in Boston.There's a guy named Teddy Spirodakis, owes some money.”-Chrissy
"You want me to collect?”-Eugene

"That SHIP sailed.”-Chrissy (meaning time to kill the guy)[/SIZE][/font]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]After he returns from doing the hit and talks to Silvio about the “Florida thing” aka retiring Silvio says;
[/font][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"] "Can't be accommodated.You're part of the team.”-Silvio
"But i just did that thing.”-Eugene
"That's not my department.”-Silvio
"Well, can I talk to Tony at least? I wouldn't bother him.”-Eugene
"He's out on the new BOAT.”-Silvio[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]The implication it appears on the show is that with Tonys cut of Eugenes inheirtance that he is given, he bought a new Boat which was also the place Tony gets called by his sister Barabara to tell him she has to leave Jr suddely because her husband was injured due to a smoke inhalation injury. The Boat seems slightly connected to the shooting of Tony later on by Jr. in a sense. So much is connected but so is life, yet so rarely does art so perfectly articulate it unless it something called a masterpiece. [/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]It seems fair to say that through these observations, I have demonstrated that the theme of Quantum Entaglement is being set up in this episode. It also has been a theme at play for the entire show on some levels, although non as explicitly so as it is in Season 6, which Chase and CO took and unprecedented 2 years just to write! That says a lot to how complex they really were really able to get with it. Yet its done in that subtle Lynch\Kubrick style which makes it seem effortless and unnoticeable to most viewers and surrealistic. It becomes subliminal. Before we move on I want to end with dialogue between Tony and Melfi in their therapy session in “Members Only”. Notice how he again tells an opposite version of things in reference to the “pillow incident”. My reasons for ending with this is I feel it hits home the point one last time. The scene starts with Tony telling AJ something Ironic, that then segways into his dialogue with Melfi;[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][font="Times New Roman"]"Let me tell you something, A.J.I don't care how close you are, in the end, your friends are gonna let you down.Family.They're the only ones you can depend on.”-Tony
(scene switches to Melfis office)
"He was vital, my uncle, alive. For all his faults, he was sharp in his day.
But now…. We stopped at a LIGHT yesterday, And I see this nanny, black girl, pushing a baby carriage.Coming the other way, there's another one, with this old lady in a wheelchair staring off into SPACE.”-Tony
"The CIRCLE of life.”-Dr Melfi
"The CIRCLE jerk of life. Where's the dignity?”-Tony
" If you're lucky, in the end you can let go of your pride, let your loved ones care for you.”-Dr. Melfi
"I'd rather they hold a pillow over my face.”-Tony
"I find it interesting you would say that.You tried to smother your mother with a pillow.”-Dr Melfi
“What?" - Tony(acting like he forgot)
"In the hospital, after her stroke.”-Dr Melfi (reminding him
"The fuck I did! I grabbed a pillow, but it was just to keep my hands occupied.”-Tony (emphasis added)[/font][/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"][font="Times New Roman"]I always get a little giggle out of that "smother your mother" quote. Now lets move on to the next part of Mr Wizards words, and how it relates to the Cat in the finale…..[/font][/SIZE]

Return to “Sopranos Symbolism and Subtext”