"It's Over, Capice"

Check out this quote from Patsy Parisi from Season 3 episode Amour Fou...

Patsy Parisi: (pulls out his gun) "Here's some standard operating procedure. Stay the fuck away from Tony Soprano, shut the fuck up and listen. It's over. Capice? Over and done. You call, or go anywhere near him or his family and they'll be scraping your nipples off these fine leather seats. And here's the point to remember: my face is the last one you'll see, not Tony's...we understand each other? It won't be cinematic."

And what do we hear as Patsy opens the car door to get out with the keys still in the ignition? Ding, Ding, Ding. A bell sound that rings three times. That connects this scene with the final scene in Holstens. Patsy has Tony whacked and it wont be cinematic...

Has anyone ever noticed this before? Any Thoughts?

Re: "It's Over, Capice"

Interesting observation, and that was a great scene and dialogue for Patsy.
However - and this isn't to criticize or single out your post but is my opinion on any of the "who (if anyone) killed Tony" theories - I've seen what could appear to be slight hints of many different possible conspirators but no substantial evidence for Probable or most likely suspect. I don't think there's enough evidence there for any conclusion to be drawn. And until and unless Chase directly reveals that he intended someone as the culprit, it is only highly imaginative and personal speculation.

Always great to see new posters to the forum; and one of the best things here
are the discussions that respectfully disagree and investigate and explore various and opposing views.

Porch Braciole wrote:Check out this quote from Patsy Parisi from Season 3 episode Amour Fou...

Patsy Parisi: (pulls out his gun) "Here's some standard operating procedure. Stay the fuck away from Tony Soprano, shut the fuck up and listen. It's over. Capice? Over and done. You call, or go anywhere near him or his family and they'll be scraping your nipples off these fine leather seats. And here's the point to remember: my face is the last one you'll see, not Tony's...we understand each other? It won't be cinematic."

And what do we hear as Patsy opens the car door to get out with the keys still in the ignition? Ding, Ding, Ding. A bell sound that rings three times. That connects this scene with the final scene in Holstens. Patsy has Tony whacked and it wont be cinematic...

Has anyone ever noticed this before? Any Thoughts?

This is RIGHT ON! Since James Gandolfini's death last year, I have been fascinated by the Sopranos and have rewatched it on HBO at least 4-5 times, in entirety. I think this observation about Patsy is spot on. Keep in mind in Season 1, during the college visits with Meadow, when Tony is strangling the Rat, the Rat calls Tony "Teddy." Teddy Spiridokis [sp?] is the the name of the fat guy killed in the Members Only episode. Also, the initials are the same as Tony's (TS).

So yes, Tony is whacked. By NY. And Patsy helped out.

The poster who went by the avatar name richieaprile posted pretty much the definitive thesis as to what happened to Tony Soprano in the final scene. The signals are pretty clear and the ongoing clues throughout the entire series more than suggest that Tony's fate wasn't just a culmination of a random chain of events. It was and is pretty much the fate of any gangster who lives a violent existence. Chase himself has said "it's all there" and I think many viewers have followed the threads to come to the conclusion that Tony was whacked. True Chase never actually said Tony was shot but he more than implied that was the case. Richie didn't think who killed Tony was as important as that he was killed. There are more than a handful of suspects and it might have been any one of them. However I have always been inclined to think that it was Patsy. Despite his emotional drunken outburst over his twin's murder I think he had the patience and ruthlessness to bide his time and wait for the perfect opportunity to strike. I imagine that member's only guy who more than had a passing resemblance to Johnny Boy and Eugene was a hired hitman from Italy.

Good call airsoftdude about the rat calling Tony, Teddy.

It all adds up doesn't it?

Return to “Sopranos Symbolism and Subtext”