Chase - public appearance 4/30/2014

David Chase Will Discuss ‘Sopranos’ at Museum Screening
By DAVE ITZKOFF March 27, 2014, 10:34 am

If you’re a dedicated “Sopranos” fan who won’t stop believing in the possibility of getting closure on that influential HBO drama, this may be as near as you’ll come to it. On April 30, the show’s creator, David Chase, will make a rare public appearance at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Queens, where he will present the only two episodes of the series that he directed: the pilot, which introduced James Gandolfini as the emotionally conflicted mob boss Tony Soprano; and the finale, “Made in America,” in which Tony’s story came to an ambiguous ending in a New Jersey restaurant. The museum said in a news release that its screening of these two episodes would be followed by a conversation between Mr. Chase and David Schwartz, the museum’s chief curator, which, with any luck, might fill in a few further details about television’s most talked-about smash-cut to black.
Tickets for the event are expected to go on sale Tuesday. For more information, go to movingimage.us.
A version of this article appears in print on 03/28/2014, on page C2 of the NewYork edition with the headline: Chase to Discuss ‘Sopranos’ at Museum Screening.
From the New York Times- Arts Beat

Re: Chase - public appearance 4/30/2014

Billyv wrote:David Chase Will Discuss ‘Sopranos’ at Museum Screening
By DAVE ITZKOFF March 27, 2014, 10:34 am

If you’re a dedicated “Sopranos” fan who won’t stop believing in the possibility of getting closure on that influential HBO drama, this may be as near as you’ll come to it. On April 30, the show’s creator, David Chase, will make a rare public appearance at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Queens, where he will present the only two episodes of the series that he directed: the pilot, which introduced James Gandolfini as the emotionally conflicted mob boss Tony Soprano; and the finale, “Made in America,” in which Tony’s story came to an ambiguous ending in a New Jersey restaurant. The museum said in a news release that its screening of these two episodes would be followed by a conversation between Mr. Chase and David Schwartz, the museum’s chief curator, which, with any luck, might fill in a few further details about television’s most talked-about smash-cut to black.
Tickets for the event are expected to go on sale Tuesday. For more information, go to movingimage.us.
A version of this article appears in print on 03/28/2014, on page C2 of the NewYork edition with the headline: Chase to Discuss ‘Sopranos’ at Museum Screening.
From the New York Times- Arts Beat

Oh wow, billyv. Thanks so much for the heads up on this.

I'm actually looking for ways to facilitate a move to NYC to immerse myself in the independent film scene there and have been looking for jobs online. No interviews yet, but it would be sweet if something worked out around that time so that I could be in NY when this happens. I would LOVE to attend. If not, I certainly hope they record the interview session after and make it available in a podcast or a youtube video or even a pay download like the NYT did with a session with Chase years ago hosted by Karen James (IIRC). If neither happens, perhaps one of our NY/NJ natives will make it to the event and report back after.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Re: Chase - public appearance 4/30/2014

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:Oh wow, billyv. Thanks so much for the heads up on this.

I'm actually looking for ways to facilitate a move to NYC to immerse myself in the independent film scene there and have been looking for jobs online. No interviews yet, but it would be sweet if something worked out around that time so that I could be in NY when this happens. I would LOVE to attend. If not, I certainly hope they record the interview session after and make it available in a podcast or a youtube video or even a pay download like the NYT did with a session with Chase years ago hosted by Karen James (IIRC). If neither happens, perhaps one of our NY/NJ natives will make it to the event and report back after.

Hope you get there, Fly. Chase should cover the arrangements!
Donations anyone?
Maybe if we can find Junior's stash...

Return to “The Kitchen Sink”