Time line confusion

In the 4th or 5th season when Johnny Sack harbors ill feelings for Ralph Cifaretto for the remark about his wife Jenny getting a 90 pound mole taken off her ass, but before Ralph realizes that John is mad at him, Ralph walks up to John while he is signing the guest book at a funeral and apologizes for missing Allegra's nursery school graduation but then like 2 season's later Allegra gets married. I know by the Soprano kids that everything was in real time (not writing it to have years go by between each season) so I'm wondering if that's a blooper or what. Anyone else notice this? Also, Season 1 Episode 8 has the future Vito Spatafore as a character named "Gino" in the bakery on the episode when Christopher shot that guy in the foot, lol.

Re: Time line confusion

Hi and welcome to the forum.:-)

I haven't seen that episode in years, but are you certain that the dialog was "nursery school graduation" and not "nursing school graduation"? These guys are always so fake that they want to make sure they don't leave the impression that they've "slighted" a superior by failing to acknowledge some occasion important to them or their kids. So even though it may seem like Ralph's failure to send a gift or cash to mark something like Allegra's graduation from nursing school seems otherwise a non-issue, I can see him feeling the need to mention the "oversight."

I don't know that Allegra's occupation was ever mentioned in any other episode, but I'm pretty sure it was always implied that Johnny's kids were young adults and roughly in the same ballpark as Tony's kids. I hope this helps.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “The Kitchen Sink”