Re: Lincoln and Kennedy Stuff

Thanks Bada. Classes start Monday!!
It does go on and on.....
I thought a two month break may have given some people the chance to move on, but obviously not!!
Like I keep saying, I have no need or desire to continually discuss the end. I don't CARE. I admit, now I just respond to wind certain people up:icon_redface:

I'm amazed though, that within one post from my friend Conkom, the thread was moved from similarities between kennedy and lincoln, to Tony's fate at Holstens..!!

Think I'll move to DH's thread on did Tony stand a chance.

YOU started this thread with talk of " anagram maestros", so what's this " I have no desire to continually talk about the ending " all about ? You obviously do and just couldn't stay away. BTW, the Kennedy and Lincoln stuff you posted I'm sure I got in an e-mail years ago and most of it has since been shown to be rubbish, as I think Conkom pretty much proved.

dsweeney wrote:YOU started this thread with talk of " anagram maestros", so what's this " I have no desire to continually talk about the ending " all about ? You obviously do and just couldn't stay away. BTW, the Kennedy and Lincoln stuff you posted I'm sure I got in an e-mail years ago and most of it has since been shown to be rubbish, as I think Conkom pretty much proved.

The thread started off my merely suggesting those with the particular type of brain that like anagrams, may like this sort of trivia. No reference was made to the ending.
You are incorrect in saying MOST of it has shown to be rubbish.

Both of you knock off the passive aggressive bullshit. turangawaewae, you know I've warned you before, and there will be no further warnings. If you can't post here without deliberately trying to provoke others -- something you even admitted you're doing further up thread -- then find somewhere else to discuss the Sopranos.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

dsweeney wrote:YOU started this thread with talk of " anagram maestros", so what's this " I have no desire to continually talk about the ending " all about ? You obviously do and just couldn't stay away. BTW, the Kennedy and Lincoln stuff you posted I'm sure I got in an e-mail years ago and most of it has since been shown to be rubbish, as I think Conkom pretty much proved.

i do believe this thread was started with true sincerity by turangawewae, and not as an underhanded insult to 'anagram maestros'. And following the timing of your posts and the exchange of posts with turangawaewae over in "the movie never ends" thread, it is clear to me that this unfortunate exchange resulting in turanga's banning cuts both ways. i am truly sorry turangawaewae couldn't help himself and got sucked into the trap of this perpetual nit-picking and shots from the hip that never ends. Following the timing of the posts in both threads shows that, in fact, desweeney threw the first blow, although more subtle. Not to excuse turanga's mistakes, but i am really sad he is gone forever from here, and i will miss his posts. :icon_frown:

My mom used to tell me- "don't let 'em get your goat!...".

--well turangawaewae, they got your goat, and you just couldn't resist. My heart goes out to you: it is hard to resist the teaser who delights in your fall. i have had to learn to "hold my tongue" so to speak on a number of occasions around here, when some people just ran off with their tongue and got away with it.

Thank you so much for the everything, as well as the economics references. i hope we can carry on our conversations. You have my personal email, please stay in touch. :smile:

conkom wrote:There were plenty of references in the Sopranos to both Kennedy and Lincoln.

And there was Junior's direct reference to Bobby Kennedy's assassination at the Ambassodor Hotel in 1968 when Tony brought up Bobby Baccalieri to the apparently dementia suffering Junior in the scene prior to Holstens.

badabellisima wrote:i do believe this thread was started with true sincerity by turangawewae, and not as an underhanded insult to 'anagram maestros'. And following the timing of your posts and the exchange of posts with turangawaewae over in "the movie never ends" thread, it is clear to me that this unfortunate exchange resulting in turanga's banning cuts both ways. i am truly sorry turangawaewae couldn't help himself and got sucked into the trap of this perpetual nit-picking and shots from the hip that never ends. Following the timing of the posts in both threads shows that, in fact, desweeney threw the first blow, although more subtle. Not to excuse turanga's mistakes, but i am really sad he is gone forever from here, and i will miss his posts. :icon_frown:

My mom used to tell me- "don't let 'em get your goat!...".

--well turangawaewae, they got your goat, and you just couldn't resist. My heart goes out to you: it is hard to resist the teaser who delights in your fall. i have had to learn to "hold my tongue" so to speak on a number of occasions around here, when some people just ran off with their tongue and got away with it.

Thank you so much for the everything, as well as the economics references. i hope we can carry on our conversations. You have my personal email, please stay in touch. :smile:

I'm sorry you think I'm to blame for all of this Bada but I just don't think that is fair. By his own admission he only comes on here to wind people up. Everyone else seems to be able to discuss things without resorting to slanging matches and I genuinely feel aggrieved that you think I threw the first blow. Having said that I don't like seeing anybody whacked here.

Anyway, I look forward to your reply in the "Lingering questions about The weight" thread if you saw my post on there.

dsweeney wrote:I'm sorry you think I'm to blame for all of this Bada but I just don't think that is fair. By his own admission he only comes on here to wind people up. Everyone else seems to be able to discuss things without resorting to slanging matches and I genuinely feel aggrieved that you think I threw the first blow. Having said that I don't like seeing anybody whacked here.

Just drop it.
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Return to “The Kitchen Sink”