Re: Was Mikey Palmice "Made" ?

My recollection is that there was rivalry between Junior's crew and Tony's even when Jackie Aprile was the acting boss of the entire family. Both were capos. Remember the discussion between Tony and Junior in the social club...I am confused as to the timeline but it is true that Tony's dislike for Mikey was long-standing. I think one excellent point is the fact that the staple incident was not witnessed by anybody so Tony cannot be accused of dissing a made man in front of others.
biker 2
from frigid Ottawa Canada (near Harpo!)

Re: Mikey Palmice

Caporegima wrote:Its a good question. Does someone remember why exactly Tony was so mad at Mikey here? I guess there are exceptions in certain cases.

</p>

Tony was responding to Mikey clipping Brendan and Mikey/Junior setting up the mock execution of Christopher. Tony might have thought Brendan Filone was a punk, but he was a Soprano family associate and even Tony said to Christopher, when they got the shipment of DVD players that Brendan was a good earner. So Mikey was out of line by whacking him since he worked for Tony.

Re: Was Mikey Palmice "Made" ?

I want to add that I do not think Mikey was the cons. He was a made man though. Think about how Mikey was always sitting in the car while Junior was inside eating with his little group. I think that Mikey was Juniors right hand man as far as getting stuff done. I just think we saw Mikey do to much killing and dirty work to really be cons. I believe him to be a soldier that was very close to Junior.

Re: Difference?

badabing187 wrote:Maybe it's different because Ralphie was hit by Tony right in front of everyone.

</p>

I THINK YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THERE. TONY ONLY TOLD THE CAPO REGIMES

John Gotti held power in the gambino family before being made I think. please correct me if i am wrong

bigbadbill007 wrote:I THINK YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THERE. TONY ONLY TOLD THE CAPO REGIMES

John Gotti held power in the gambino family before being made I think. please correct me if i am wrong

Gotti was made quite a while before he clipped Castellano and took over. I think he was made at the time of the Lufthansa heist depicted in Goodfellas, which happened for real in the 70s. Gotti was a capo when the hit on Castellano went down. Someone in his crew (maybe his brother Gene?) was busted in a drug deal and he was getting called in to "sit down" with Big Paulie, and decided to take the boss out instead. Word was that Castellano was going to demote Gotti and break up his crew. The bosses of the other families in NY were cool with it, because Castellano got them all indicted by sharing Mob secrets with his goomar, while the Feds were tapping his bedroom.

I think that Hill's book, which was the basis for the Goodfellas screenplay, mentions Gotti as a made guy.

JoeyBagadonuts wrote:Gotti was made quite a while before he clipped Castellano and took over. I think he was made at the time of the Lufthansa heist depicted in Goodfellas, which happened for real in the 70s. Gotti was a capo when the hit on Castellano went down. Someone in his crew (maybe his brother Gene?) was busted in a drug deal and he was getting called in to "sit down" with Big Paulie, and decided to take the boss out instead. Word was that Castellano was going to demote Gotti and break up his crew. The bosses of the other families in NY were cool with it, because Castellano got them all indicted by sharing Mob secrets with his goomar, while the Feds were tapping his bedroom.

I think that Hill's book, which was the basis for the Goodfellas screenplay, mentions Gotti as a made guy.
i knew that he was made when he took charge.

sorry i didn't mean that he was boss. what i should of said is that i think he was acting capo in the early 70's or sometime before they opened the books. it tiook 30 years or more for the mafia to open the books i have read somewhere. correct me again if i am wrong

bigbadbill007 wrote:i knew that he was made when he took charge.

sorry i didn't mean that he was boss. what i should of said is that i think he was acting capo in the early 70's or sometime before they opened the books. it tiook 30 years or more for the mafia to open the books i have read somewhere. correct me again if i am wrong
The Gambinos were always the biggest of the 5 NY families, by far. It's hard to believe they'd be so hard up for candidates to head a crew that they'd have to give it to a guy who wasn't made. Plus, Carlo Gambino was as "old school" a boss as they come. Gotti was a protege of Agniello Delacroce, Gambino's underboss.

Actually, I think that the book that Goodfellas was based on was Wiseguy by a guy named Pileggi--not written by Hill. Hill was the subject of the book, not the author. I think that somewhere in it Gotti's mentioned as a made capo in the Gambino family, and the book was written before Gotti became famous.

JoeyBagadonuts wrote:The Gambinos were always the biggest of the 5 NY families, by far. It's hard to believe they'd be so hard up for candidates to head a crew that they'd have to give it to a guy who wasn't made. Plus, Carlo Gambino was as "old school" a boss as they come. Gotti was a protege of Agniello Delacroce, Gambino's underboss.

Actually, I think that the book that Goodfellas was based on was Wiseguy by a guy named Pileggi--not written by Hill. Hill was the subject of the book, not the author. I think that somewhere in it Gotti's mentioned as a made capo in the Gambino family, and the book was written before Gotti became famous.
I think that I read shoewhere that Agniello Delacroce made gotto acting capo while he was doing a stunt. you wouldn't probably know for sure as the affairs of the mob in those days were not available to the mainstream like they are today

Return to “Sopranos FAQ”