Bobby being made

I think it is safe to say that Bobby is made and has been for a while (he is seen at Chris's ceremony). However, he does not "make his bones" until season 6b. How is this possible? I thought that comitting a murder at the request of a boss was MANDATORY to become made. I know that Bobby's dad was pretty high up associate in JS's crew, but would he really have enough clout to get his son made w/o whacking someone? Can someone explain this?

Re: Bobby being made

I think Bobby was introduced as an "already made" character in season 2. After Tony wipes out the Junior Soprano crew, he asks Junior to have Bobby meet him to discuss his business. This does not seem like information that would be given to a mere associate.

Also, they make no mention of Bobby being made in season 2. Then, in season 3 he is present at the making ceremony of Chris (indicating that he had already been made).

He was either supposed to be made before his character was introduced to the viewers, or he was made somewhere between seasons 2 and 3. Given the fact that Tony didn't particularly care for Bobby early on, the fact that he was so busy helping Uncle Jun, and that they make no mention of him being made, I'm going to assume that he was already made before coming on to the show.

Bobby's dad was a loyal soldier for Junior for a lot of years and maybe that helped move along with making process and instilled some trust in the family.

PFloyd69 wrote:I think Bobby was introduced as an "already made" character in season 2. After Tony wipes out the Junior Soprano crew, he asks Junior to have Bobby meet him to discuss his business. This does not seem like information that would be given to a mere associate.

Also, they make no mention of Bobby being made in season 2. Then, in season 3 he is present at the making ceremony of Chris (indicating that he had already been made).

He was either supposed to be made before his character was introduced to the viewers, or he was made somewhere between seasons 2 and 3. Given the fact that Tony didn't particularly care for Bobby early on, the fact that he was so busy helping Uncle Jun, and that they make no mention of him being made, I'm going to assume that he was already made before coming on to the show.

Bobby's dad was a loyal soldier for Junior for a lot of years and maybe that helped move along with making process and instilled some trust in the family.
That is what I always assumed, but it seems like a clear violation of the rules. But, it seems they are not doing anything about Larry Boy chatting to the feds, so maybe they are not following the rules of "this thing of ours" anymore.

MikeysGhost wrote:That is what I always assumed, but it seems like a clear violation of the rules. But, it seems they are not doing anything about Larry Boy chatting to the feds, so maybe they are not following the rules of "this thing of ours" anymore.
Good point. If they were following the rules, Larry Boy would be joing Big Puss in the sea.

Return to “Sopranos FAQ”