Moving The Site to a New Host

Happy New Year, Chase Loungers,

After putting it off for too long, I am finally moving The Chase Lounge to a new host. The new company will move the entire site content for me to their servers and get new domain name servers set up. There could well be no public access while the switch is being finalized. But don't fear a permanent shutdown. I will always do my best to keep The Chase Lounge online.

Once they get the content itself moved and working as is, I plan to migrate to a different forum software. That may take a few weeks to get right, during which time it may be necessary to shut things down again, perhaps for an extended period. This will also be a temporary down time, and I certainly hope to finish migrating by March.

I will back up all the databases, of course, but I can make no absolute guarantees about content loss during this kind of move. So if there are any posts or threads that you passionately want to keep, I advise downloading them yourself within the next few days.

I also urge regulars to login to their accounts and make sure email addresses are up to date so that if it becomes necessary to update via email, you'll know what's going on.

Not looking forward to all the work and possible headaches this may bring, but it must be done. Wish me luck, and hope to see you guys in new "digs" in the coming weeks.

Best Regards,

FlyOnMelfisWall
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Re: Moving The Site to a New Host

Thanks so much, DH. I would like to keep you as a second admin when the new forum is set up in case I keel over dead one day, LOL. (Not expecting that any time soon but you never know.) Will contact you about it after the move.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Request a Sitdown (Pre-2016)”