Re: How do we Keep This Site Going After the Finale?

maaan this is a great topic cuz we got to keep the sopranos alive no matter how many years passes. i think the fans need to put more effort in order to accomplish this. i will do what ever it takes.... i think we need more sopranos fan clubs and what i mean is physical clubs in different cities, states etc where we can go and meet up , converse and watch episodes together. maybe hold contests for best sopranos art, short films etc... there also needs to be more accessible, less generic sopranos memorabilia sold over the web and at these meetings or maybe even arrange a sopranos festival like the annual Beatles festival. @ the Beatles festival there is multiple rooms... some rooms are like small movie theaters that display rare footage of the Beatles, etc.. another room is just memorabilia ranging in all different prices that fans can buy. there's also food, a bar, impersonators, etc.... if each city or state could set up a club where members not only interacted over the web but in person as well and all meeting members looked forward to their annual sopranos fest, that would be soooo awesome and would def keep the sopranos series alive and kicking forever!

I can't answer the OP's original question, but I sure hope it happens.
Joined this site in januari this year, after our 3rd complete viewing of the Sopranos. Did a bit of reading and enjoyed it, but was basically a lurker.
The sad and too early death of James Gandolfini sparked a new interest so I did a lot of reading the last few days. Wow !
I can't tell you how sorry I am that I'm so much too late to this party. That's the price one pays for being an old geezer who doesn't dwell much on the http://www.....
I very much enjoyed all of your insights, analysis , wit and even the BS :icon_lol:

My compliments to everybody who founded, maintained and contributed to this great website, it's special, and I will defenitely check in every now and then to see whats going on.

Best regards,

Jos

Well, that makes three of us. I've been so busy I hadn't made time to inquire if others are experiencing this, but the same thing has been happening to me. At first I thought it was some messup in the cache of my browser, but I've repeatedly cleared it and it makes no difference.

I'm tempted to say this has to be a problem with my hosting service. But I've been doing a lot of work lately getting a website ready at last for my video/film production business and I've had none of these kinds of problems with page loads in connection with that. Still, I will file a trouble ticket with my host.

Thanks to both of you for pointing out the problem.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Okay, hopefully I've traced the problem to a too restrictive "throttle policy" set for the site. I've relaxed those restrictions and that should solve the problem. I didn't experience any failures in randomly clicking around at a pretty good pace. But please keep me informed if you guys (or anyone else) continues to experience issues. Thanks again.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Request a Sitdown (Pre-2016)”