'The Sopranos' Coming to Blu-ray for First Time

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... rst-708358

Finally! While most of the extras sound like previously released materials (the two roundtables, the "lost" scenes", same number of commentaries as there are on the individual sets), I am looking forward to the new featurette. And just high-def Sopranos itself is going to be sweet.
HBO's The Sopranos, regarded as one of the best TV series of all time, is coming to Blu-ray for the first time.

All six seasons of the James Gandolfini drama will be released in a collectible boxed set on Nov. 4 for a suggested retail price of $279.98. All 86 episodes of the Emmy, Golden Globe and Peabody Award-winning series will come on 28 Blu-ray discs in an elegant box featuring artwork from the series.

Included in the set is a free digital HD copy of every episode and more than five hours of bonus material including lost scenes, two roundtable dinners with the cast and crew, 25 audio commentaries as well as a new and exclusive featurette exploring how The Sopranos was created and ultimately transformed the TV landscape.

"Defining a Television Landmark" runs 45 minutes and features all-new interviews with the cast, crew, celebrities, filmmakers and academics as well as series creator David Chase, Gandolifini, director Steven Soderbergh, Jeff Daniels and Steve Buscemi. (Check out an exclusive clip from "Defining a Television Landmark," above, in which Tim Van Patten, Terence Winter and Buscemi discuss seminal season three episode "Pine Barrens.")

Re: 'The Sopranos' Coming to Blu-ray for First Time

Thanks for the heads up, UP. Definitely something to put on a Christmas list.

BTW, I did reply to your PM a while back. I hope you got it (no telling with the way this forum is behaving.) If not, I was just alerting you to the fact that there is a thread about the forum loading issues. So feel free to add what you've noticed or experienced there. I do plan to address the problems at some point, but it will likely require a complete move to different software and, therefore, quite a lot of time to research alternatives, back everything up, do new graphics, and implement the change. Not something I'm looking forward to.:-(
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Return to “Sopranos in the News”