Paulies Swedish Commercial

Finally found something worthy of posting(i think) for the 1st time in a while. Don't know how this one slipped by a few years ago. Combination of a promo Tony Sirico does for HBO Sweden (which is interesting on it's own) but it's followed up with a Swedish interview (in English). I can't believe how precious his comment is about a movie definitely being done in 1 and 1/2 years is. No one hated the Sopranos ending more the Sirico so you wonder if he's a bit delusional or if he really was working on a tip. By any rate, if you haven't seen this you'll get a kick out of it.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article5333740.ab

Re: Paulies Swedish Commercial

Wouldn't play for me, although the frozen image does show up at first in the box. I'll try again some time just to make sure it wasn't a temporary down of the site where the video is streaming from.

Sounds like quite a find, though. I'm impressed . . . you pulling this up from a site that's all in Swedish!:icon_biggrin:
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

I only wish i could add swedish to my limited english and italian languane skills. Alas i just pulled it from an old blog someone had up concerning the possiblity of a movie from 2009-obviously set off by Tony's hopeful comments. i just watched it again on another computer so it should work. Give it a minute to load plus you'll have to seat through a 15 sec IKEA ad of course

What the interview indicates is how little is relayed to the actors the intent of the creator of the work. Sirocco and Lorainne Bracco were both convinced that a movie would follow the ostensibly unresolved ending. I understand Ms Bracco changed her tune, perhaps after discussing the matter with either Chase or someone else about what the sudden cut to black might signify.

Michael Imperioli had no doubt what the ending meant.

As a person I do find Sirocco a little bit unnerving though. And he obviously didn't "get" the ending.

Ironically I suspect Paulie himself "got it". At precisely 3 o'clock. So to speak.

conkom, really, how many times are you going to re-litigate your position on what the ending "meant"? Your perspective is beyond well documented here, and we don't need yet another sly allusion that only those who think Tony was shot in the head truly "got" the ending, only those who parsed the ostensibly esoteric symbolism in exactly the same way you did are among the elite Sopranos cognoscenti. That arrogant (and ignorant) attitude ran off at least one longtime and otherwise very easy-going poster from this forum, and while I often overlook your allusions when they are of the ancillary, short and sweet variety, they are no less annoying now than they ever were, especially when they pop up in threads like this and form the only meat of your post. For the last time, PLEASE refrain from this subtle but very intentional form of condescension and bating.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Fly,
I am not bating anyone. I was making an ironic statement with reference to an ongoing plot device used by Chase himself in the series.

At the very least treat I wouldn't take it seriously.

I have enjoyed this forum which allowed me to follow discussions not only about the Sopranos, but Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire, Anyway it's about time to move on. The show is over.

Return to “Sopranos in the News”