This movie update has a bit more crede

I don't know, but this bit from the NY News seems to have a bit more foundation concerning the movie. Sure it has all the usual coy suggestions and
unfounded speculation, but with a little luck, it will be the 1st of a number of reports that something REALLY is in the works

'Sopranos' cast members say big-screen version has a shot
Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 4:00 AM

Steven Van Zandt, James Gandolfini and Tony Sirico of 'The Sopranos.'

'Sopranos" producer David Chase remains coy about the possibility of a big-screen followup to the hit HBO show,but loose-lipped cast members are suggesting a script is already on the page.

It's been speculated that a major holdup to the big-screen version is a strong reluctance on the part of James Gandolfini to sign on to the project.

But, according to a chatty Lorraine Bracco, that rumor is way off the mark.

"I don't think it's that at all," says Bracco about Gandolfini's supposed cold feet. "I think it's really trying to get the right script. Without the right script, it's really not worth doing."

Bracco isn't shy about making her concerns heard. "We've all talked to David to give him a kick in the booty to get it right," she says pointedly.

While HBO mouthpieces yesterday shot down any talk about the existence of a script, claiming it is "just rumor," Steve Van Zandt recently added to the buzz.

The "Sopranos" alum and Bruce Springsteen bandmate let slip to a Belfast newspaper that his character, Sil - who was struggling for his life in the show's abrupt ending - "is still alive."

Go figure.

And Bracco doesn't sound like she's planning to stop at just one movie.

"I want us to be like 'Sex and the City' or 'The Bourne Identity,'" she gushed. "I want to make a million of them."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/08/04/2009-08-04_sopranos_film_has_a_shot.html#ixzz0NEIjgc6w

Re: This movie update has a bit more crede

"Sil, remind the guys which businesses are recession proof." Tony

"Some elements of show business and this thing of ours." Silvio

Recession and show business......
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

It's starting to flow from a few more sources then normal. Another one below.

Sopranos Movie Rumors!
Filed under: TV News

It looks like Sopranos may be getting the big screen treatment soon!

Though producer David Chase has remained mum, cast members have hinted that a script is already underway.

Lorraine Bracco said, "I think it's really trying to get the right script. Without the right script, it's really not worth doing…. We've all talked to David to give him a kick in the booty to get it right."

Could it be???

What do U think, should they make a movie or just let the series rest?

Sopranos Cast Members Suggest A Movie Could Still Happen
By Katey Rich: 2009-08-04 09:35:30 ShareThis
A Sopranos movie? That's a rumor we haven't heard for a while. Edie Falco is doing her own TV show on Showtime, James Gandolfini is harming American-British relations in In the Loop, and everyone else seemed to have moved on to their own things. Some cast members, though, are making noise that, not only is a movie still in the works, a script has been written.

Talking to New York Daily News (granted, not the most reputable of sources), Lorraine Bracco said "We've all talked to [series creator] David [Chase] to give him a kick in the booty to get [the screenplay] right." Bracco also denied rumors that the hold-up on the movie has been Gandolfini's desire to move away from Tony Soprano. "I don't think it's that at all," says Bracco about Gandolfini's supposed cold feet. "I think it's really trying to get the right script. Without the right script, it's really not worth doing."

Even Steve Van Zandt, who went back to his day job in Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band after the show ended, is dropping hints that his character Sil, who was on the verge of death as of the show's finale, is still alive. Does that mean he's seen a script for the movie that includes him? Or is he just offering us his best prediction, the way the Internet was awash for weeks after the finale with theories about the meaning of the onion rings in the diner.

Are these actors pulling what Tom Arnold did over the weekend, and dropping hints/jokes about a project they might want to happen? Or is David Chase up to something, and the news has leaked at last? I wouldn't be surprised by a Sopranos movie from a financial standpoint, but I would be from an artistic one-- Chase seemed to very deliberately end the series on his own, infuriating terms, and he seems stubborn enough to deny HBO more money from the franchise. Then again, as the Sopranos proved on a weekly basis, money is a powerful lure.

RELATED: edie falco, james gandolfini, david chase, steve van zandt, lorraine bracco, the sopranos

This is the reason I joined this forum - to inquire about a Soprano movie. They made one out of the horrid "Sex in the Shitty" why not Sopranos?
Jim Gandolfini should be happy to bring back his mobster character, we all know everything else he stars in is sh!t, he doesn't have the range to play other parts, so if your good at playing a mobster why not continue?

I think JG is being selfish, throw enough money at the fat fvck and he might agree to it, why some actors feel that it's bad being typecast into a certain role is beyond me.

Folks,

just a quick reminder. Nothing wrong with stating opinions. That is what message boards are all about. But, there are ways to do it without being derogatory or mean-spirited. I would say that the LARGE majority of our posters do this quite well. This is just letting everyone everyone know that the expectation of this forum is to keep things civil and avoid the rudeness.

Thanks!

Garth

Return to “Sopranos in the News”