Re: Carmella and Father Phil finally get it on...

i'll say! Do you have the link? Surely they cast that part on Nurse Jackie on purpose- maybe thinking that they had this great chemistry from the Sopranos time that would pull in more of an audience?

Personally, i never picked up on a great natural chemistry between the actors or the priest and Carmela characters as played, even though it was implied, etc. i just didn't think the priest part was played very well. i have known priests for whom some women were strongly attracted in a platonic kind of way, but on the Sopranos it just didn't sell very well, imho. She had more chemistry with the wallpaper guy! i wish they had had a more believable natural magnetism, like X-Files Scully and Mulder's unrequited, but powerful and real connection.

When Carm threw her famous Ziti with the basil layer in the trash, i thought- what a waste of good Ziti! He wasn't even worth that. Good riddance!

badabellisima wrote:
When Carm threw her famous Ziti with the basil layer in the trash, i thought- what a waste of good Ziti! He wasn't even worth that. Good riddance!

LOL. I seriously couldn't understand Carmela on that one. Trash the priest but not the "fuckin' ziti"! She spent WAY too much time making that to dump it over his shenanigans.

I did notice they're running the Nurse Jackie premiere free on a DirecTV channel, and I think Showtime is offering it free online for a while. I saw about the last 10 minutes of it by accident. I already saw some things that disappointed me from a writing perspective, even though I know that's not giving it much of a chance. Oh how the Sopranos has ruined me for watching anything that's less than great.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

JLTucker wrote:It's easy to rectify that. All you have to do is stop comparing everything to The Sopranos. It's retarded to do that anyway.

Uh, I think you misunderstood. I don't WANT to compare it, and I don't do it consciously. But it changes one's perspective of what's possible with drama and what's truly good no matter how much one does or doesn't want that changed perspective.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

FlyOnMelfisWall wrote:Uh, I think you misunderstood. I don't WANT to compare it, and I don't do it consciously. But it changes one's perspective of what's possible with drama and what's truly good no matter how much one does or doesn't want that changed perspective.

Oh ok. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The only time I compare shows is if they are in the exact same genre. For instance, I compare Battlestar Galactica (new series) with Stargate: Sg-1, Stargate: Atlantis and sometimes films in the same genre. I don't know if that's fair since they are different mediums.

I have only compared The Sopranos with one show, and that is The Wire since I consider both to be crime dramas. And, which should not come as a shock, The Sopranos wins hands down in my book.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1F9AC409DECF0F65

Return to “Sopranos in the News”