Re: USA TODAY has DVD update

JLTucker wrote:I currently only have season two. I will be moving over to Blu Ray soon (at least I hope so), so I won't pick up all the seasons until they are released in high definition.

Yep, it is just a matter of time, right? But the more I think about it, the harder it is going to be to wait.

Garth wrote:Yep, it is just a matter of time, right? But the more I think about it, the harder it is going to be to wait.

I agree. It will suck waiting. Also, it depends on how well the transfer to Blu-Ray is. If there are reviews saying the video sucks or is about the same as the dvd release, I'll buy the dvd release. If the video is stellar, as is the case with season six part one and two, I'll purchase the Blu-Ray. A downside to Blu-Ray releases from HBO is that they are horribly overpriced. Amazon wants $90 for season six parts one and two. That is ridiculous.

Parps wrote:That's a very attractive box set and with new bonus features?! Now I feel like a complete douchebag, as Chrissy would put it, for buying the R2 box set. I'll probably get new DVD features downloaded. Take that, you greedy HBO suckers.

This box from your link isn't made by HBO.
HBO has told since June 2007 that the complete set full of extras will come out end of 2008.

The box from your link probably is the same China ware like this one

http://www.dvd-movies-supplier.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=387&productname=

DaViE wrote:This box from your link isn't made by HBO.
HBO has told since June 2007 that the complete set full of extras will come out end of 2008.

The box from your link probably is the same China ware like this one

http://www.dvd-movies-supplier.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=387&productname=

No, it's an official box, region 2 exclusive. It collects the standard season sets in a paper box and even has a nice little "HBO Video" print. Us Europeans usually get inferior box sets so I'm used to this. Still kind of indignant, though.

Parps wrote:No, it's an official box, region 2 exclusive. It collects the standard season sets in a paper box and even has a nice little "HBO Video" print. Us Europeans usually get inferior box sets so I'm used to this. Still kind of indignant, though.

Buddy, the box from my link also has a HBO print. That doesn't say anything.
Both of them are no official HBO boxes. Otherwise they would be part of HBO store.

Let's wait till next year. If Europeans won't get the official region 1 complete set (made as region 2 set), too, then I will agree that your box set is the official one for region 2. But I don't think so. Let's bet on an IKEA set.

Return to “Sopranos in the News”