8 th season????

Found this on a hollywood gossip site but it definitely gave me a rush of delight wondering if such a thing could ever happen. Remember all the time between seasons before? Who knows.... But check it out

'Sopranos' Stars Ask for Return
By WENN | Monday, March 03, 2008

HOLLYWOOD - Stars of TV hit The Sopranos are calling on its creator to bring the show back from the dead.

The series bowed out last year after an extended sixth season, but fans are desperate for more--and the actors are keen to come back too.

Speaking at the launch of actress Lorraine Bracco's new wine, a number of castmembers called on creator David Chase to bring The Sopranos back for another season or a movie.

Bracco, who played psychologist Jennifer Melfi, said, "I would love it. I'm up for it. Call me."

Dominic Chianese, who played aging mob boss Uncle Junior, added, "I'd be game. Uncle Junior could jump out of his wheelchair."

But Michael Imperioli--aka mobster Christopher Moltisante--isn't expecting any more Sopranos: "I think we're done. I think we had our day, unless David Chase comes up with something great."

Unless Chase comes up with something great? How couldn't he?
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

Re: 8 th season????

I dont know......... Would it really destroy it? There still are storylines left open for finishing. This chatter is gaining momentum and no doubt it will get back to chase. The ending left so much still lingering. I'm such a whore for this show that really nothing in my mind could ruin it at this point short of cheesy spinoffs. I think there is room for more. What do others think?
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

More reasons to wonder:

THE SOPRANOS creator DAVID CHASE has quashed rumours he is planning a blockbuster movie version of the smash hit series.
The mob drama bowed out in style this year after six and a half seasons, and, because there was no explosive finale, expectant fans have speculated a big screen adaptation is on its way.
In the new issue of GQ magazine, Chase offers a glimmer of hope to fans that the show isn’t dead forever, but he warns devotees not to expect a Sopranos movie.
Chase tells the American magazine, "There is no thought about making a movie now and I would say chances are we probably will not do it. But, at the same time, I’m a writer, and this is how my mind works: I could wake up some morning or (Sopranos star) James Gandolfini could wake up some morning and say, ‘How ’bout it?’ "If it was great enough we might be tempted to do it, but I don’t think that’s going to happen. I think everybody’s got their own life now. I think everybody’s moved on, including me."

Yet not everyone has moved on. Edie Falco is going to be in a Showtime series but besides that everyone else seems free. So...... What if James came to Chase. If everyone else is ready to go maybe that will convince James to pick it up again. He said he never wanted to play that part again but he has said that in past seasons. There still is hope for the die-hards!

"It didn't have an explosive ending" ?? Why? because there wasn't a huge fucking shoot out? Which the show has never been about and never known for.
The ending was the ending, everything has been said and done. The whole theme and purpose of the show was shown fully to us in that final scene. Christ, David Chase would spinning in his grave if he was dead.

P'S; I also think that the type of ending it was doesn't make every episode up to that one inconsequently, therefore I can watch the 86 episodes over and over again (within reason). I do not need a movie or an "8th" (7th) season.

Here's another tease for you guys:

The Sopranos may not be swimming with the fishes after all.

The manager of Satin Dolls, known to fans as the infamous Bada Bing, says Tony Soprano and his crew could be smoking cigars at their favorite gentleman’s club once again — to film a Sopranos movie.

Nick D’Urso, the manager, said renovations at “The Bing” were put on hold after the club received a phone call about plans for a feature film version of Jersey’s favorite crime family. Unwilling to break his vow of omerta, D’Urso refused to say who contacted him, but he insists the information is legit.

“I got an inside tip that they’re going to do a movie, so I don’t want to make any major changes,” D’Urso said Wednesday. “I’m not going to reveal my sources, but we got a call from somebody [working] on the script.”

From: http://www.northjersey.com/betterliving/news/Sopranos_movie_Real_or_just_a_tease_.html

I just refuse to believe a word of it.

I'm very conflicted over the idea of a "Sopranos" movie, anyway. It took me months after 6b to move on and finally accept the show's completion. I really don't want to go through all that again. I'm finally at the point where I can be fully content watching episodes from seasons past, without pining for new material. And besides, I've come to appreciate the ending a lot. I'd hate to find out that "Made in America" wasn't really the ending after all.

But on the other hand, I enjoy "speculating on what might happen if" just as much as the next guy or gal.

i wonder if they put out these "leaks" to the media as a trial balloon just to see how excited people will get about the prospect? Maybe they worry that its too soon and everyone is too burned out to get amped up for a movie or 8th season. Or perhaps they wonder if they don't strike soon, people will totally move on and fuhgeddaboudit?

As i responded to new member Trblebound, i for one would be totally excited for any new production post-finale, even though i fully agree that the Series was completely perfect as is and doesn't "need" any new material. i guess i can never get enough of a good thing!

Return to “Sopranos in the News”