Re: If you ever see Jim Gandolfini at the airport...

Wow! With Gandolfini's money, it surprises me that he doesn't travel by private jet. The cost of taking a private jet can't be a lot of money to Jimmy. He almost certainly has more than ten million cash on hand. His net worth at this point is likely over 50 million. Here is my reasoning for making this statement.

Even the cast of Friends were being paid one million per episode (half-hour episodes) towards the end of their run. So you can bet Gandolfini was being paid a minimum of two million per episode (one-hour episode in which he was on-camera 90 percent of the time) of TS and probably much more. His residual checks for the reruns probably come close to that as well. It seems they are showing reruns of TS everywhere and all the time.

Given that commercial air travel is now such a dirty filthy stinking zoo, Jimmy must be nuts to travel by commercial air lines. Maybe it has something to do with his taking his girlfriend? Maybe he is hiding the bulk of his money from her?

Re: If you ever see Jim Gandolfini at the airport...

Splishak wrote:Given that commercial air travel is now such a dirty filthy stinking zoo, Jimmy must be nuts to travel by commercial air lines. Maybe it has something to do with his taking his girlfriend? Maybe he is hiding the bulk of his money from her?

From what I've read about him, he tries to be a regular guy. Plus, there are plenty of wealthy people who consider private jets a waste of money or just find the whole idea elitist/financially irresponsible/ stupid. Warren Buffet has all the money you could ask for and he drives an old beat up truck from the early 80's. Not that he doesn't have his own Jet, I wouldn't know. Different strokes I guess.

My roommate is a teacher at the school Gandolfini's son attends. He comes in to sign him out and acts like any other parent according to her. I ran into him on the Upper East Side and he was just thumping along like a regular New Yorker. The funny thing was I had no idea it was him from the back. For whatever reason, he glanced back to look down the street. I swear he looked just like the poster from Season 6b, maybe because it was snowing and cold as hell that day. Anyway, I was so taken aback I couldn't even say "You're my hero." hahaha
Bacala: You know, Quasimodo predicted all this.
Tony: Who did what?

Return to “Sopranos in the News”