Re: The Sopranos' Last Golden Globe Nominations (also WGA an

SAG stands for Screen Actors Guild. It's a union for actors so all the categories are actor specific, thus instead of Best Picture it is Best Ensemble Cast in a Motion Picture or Television. There are no writing, director or other awards. It is just for actors on television and film. (The Writers Guild and Directors Guild do the same, but are not televised since the actors are the only one that tend to draw good ratings.)
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

I didn't see Chase or any of the writers there and didn't really expect to since it's an all acting affair. If they were in the crowd, they weren't shown.

It was nice to see the cast one last time. I didn't see Michael Imperioli up there. No Frank Vincent. No Kathy Narducci. But pretty much everyone else from season 6 was there as far as I could tell.
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

WTF??? Did any one notice Hal halbrook was the presenter right after the Sopranos won the best ensemble award? Weird eerie coicidence. Anyone remember fleshy part of the thigh? The scientist for Bell labs? It seemed kinda ironic given my own personal POV on the last season. I know he was in "INto the Wild" but he also played a small but signifigant charecter in explaining the themes of the whole last season. Amazing how this show goes on and on...........
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

Return to “Sopranos in the News”