Re: The Sopranos' Last Golden Globe Nominations

So true Silvio. How did Grey's Anatomy get nominated? but not The Sopranos? I'm not saying Grey's Anatomy is bad, but it just seems like One tree hill in a hospital. I know you could say that my opinion is biased, but the last 9 episodes of The Sopranos were brilliant!!!

Its sort of like comparing "The Godfather" to "How to lose a guy in 10 days". Someone out there might enjoy "How to lose a guy in 10 days" more then The Godfather, but its quite obvious which is the better achievement. These award shows nowadays seem to be control by the Stupid Mindless Media, all the focus is put on the shows that are "in with it".

This also reminds me of the Emmy's. I was watching some of the red carpet shit before hand to see if their was any decent interviews. But nobody mentioned the Sopranos, I think it could of been mentioned once when they were talking to Edie Falco. And of course there was the generic reply from the interviewer, "Oh I love the show". Ya fucking right. Everyone was talking about Ugly Betty and what not.

Ah well, no worries. This reminds me, I need to watch The Wire and Six Feet Under.

Re: The Sopranos' Last Golden Globe Nominations

They did a little better with the SAG nominees this year:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
JAMES GANDOLFINI / Tony Soprano – “The Sopranos” (HBO)
MICHAEL C. HALL / Dexter Morgan – “Dexter” (Showtime)
JON HAMM / Don Draper – “Mad Men” (AMC)
HUGH LAURIE / Dr. Gregory House – “House” (FOX)
JAMES SPADER / Alan Shore – “Boston Legal” (ABC)

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
GLENN CLOSE / Patty Hewes – “Damages” (FX)
EDIE FALCO / Carmela Soprano – “The Sopranos” (HBO)
SALLY FIELD / Nora Walker – “Brothers & Sisters” (ABC)
HOLLY HUNTER / Grace Hanadarko – “Saving Grace” (TNT)
KYRA SEDGWICK / Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson – “The Closer” (TNT)

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
BOSTON LEGAL (ABC)
THE CLOSER (TNT)
GREY’S ANATOMY (ABC)
MAD MEN (AMC)
THE SOPRANOS (HBO)

Full list: http://www.sagawards.org/nominations
"Leave the gun...take the cannoli." - Clemenza

Think Tony Died? Consider this...

Visit my Blog at Hear the Hurd

Re: The Sopranos' Last Golden Globe Nominations (also WGA an

AJColossal wrote:I'm actually surprised The Sopranos stayed in the public consciousnes to the very end, for 8 years. I'm going to say that won't likely ever happen again.

That's very true. Most successful shows take a couple of years to pick up steam and become the pop-culture mainstays they are destined to be (like "Seinfeld", for example), or they start off huge and teeter some towards the end of the run. "The Sopranos", on the other hand, was huge at the beginning, and it was huge at the end.

Aaaand, Edie lost in the truncated Golden Globes last night (to Glenn Close.) She still has a chance in the SAG awards but if they don't settle the writers stike, I am assuming it will not be held as an event either. Shame. It was the last chance this cast had to be up for awards together (and be seen together as a cast.)

Finally!!!

Jimmy and Edie go home with the win. So well deserved! Actors appreciate what these two went through this past season. It showed on the screen. Chase may have created them, but these two brought it to life and were, to me, the absolute highlight of the show.

Congratulations to them. Now let's see an ensemble win! :smile:

Return to “Sopranos in the News”