Chase testifying under Oath / Tony "Sporito"

I just saw a news segment on Fox about The Sopranos. Some former mob guy called Tony Sporito is going to court for believing David Chase took plot points for our beloved show from his life and guidance saying, "sopranos wasn't jack before he met me" ... They said the case was gutted before when it came to taking a percentage of profits or something. They used a bunch of clips from the show during the segment, and played with audio the Paulie and Tony at Satriale's scene from MIA where Tony is responding sarcastically to Paulie seeing the virgin Mary...weird segway to play in my opinion, but wow those clips looked good on a news channel. Then the best part was at the end they said the Tony Sporito guy will be going to court tomorrow "if he makes it there okay" . Lol.

Wait a minute, made in america...m i a...missing in action...nice.

Oh, and then I saw Agent Harris in a Cambells Soup commercial on the same channel lol.

Re: Chase testifying under Oath / Tony "Sporito"

Agreed this is a good look at the inner phyche of the show. But it seems fucked up that someone wants to benefit from the success of the show by suing them for money. Cant they appreciate the integrity of the storyline as it pertains to reality and not some cops and robbers fantasy world. It feels gross that the entire Sopranos show is on trial and that Chase is being subjected to saying so much. How much more snitchy can one get? Shame on them! I say! Madon!
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

Nice to see that juries do get it right sometimes. Verdict is in; Chase wins; ZERO award for the plaintiff. Now if only our justice system would impose Chase's attorney's fees on the loser who brought this baseless lawsuit.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/12/sopranos_case_is_expected_to_w.html
Tony, his spirits crushed after b-lining to the fridge first thing in the morning: "Who ate the last piece of cake?"

Asked after today's verdict what he would have to say to "Sopranos" fans, Chase said, "I would say I hope you liked the ending.''

Ahh he just cant help himself can he? I loved the ending. I wonder if he's smiling when he says that!
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]You know, Vito called me “skip” the other day. Slip of the tongue, no doubt. But I noticed he didn’t correct himself.[/font][SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

Return to “Sopranos in the News”