Sopranos : The Book

Found this on the HBO website. I am imagining it to be big book which covers everything the Sopranos has to offer, including episode guides and such. It is not released until May 15th, which is actually my main concern about this book. I was kind of hoping that this book would be the end-all, be-all of the Sopranos. However, it will be released a full month before the series finale aires, so there must be significant ground which is covered. Here is HBO's link

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/book/page01.shtml

And Here is Amazon's link (with a different color cover?)

http://www.amazon.com/Sopranos-Book-HBO/dp/1933821876/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6746431-2549567?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176753221&sr=1-1

And finally here is the book's description:

"The Sopranos®: The Book is the behind-the-scenes story of the making of a revolutionary TV program. With unprecedented access to the set, this full-color volume offers the final word on how this original and deeply affecting world was brought to life, beginning with Chase's own New Jersey childhood and ending with the massive production that will be remembered as a turning point in television and pop culture history.

Original interviews including actors James Gandolfini, Edie Falco, Lorraine Bracco, Michael Imperioli, Dominic Chianese, Drea de Matteo, Robert Iler, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Tony Sirico, Steven Van Zandt, Aida Turturro, Steven Schirripa and John Ventimiglia reveal how the characters in Tony's two families evolved over the show's six seasons. More than 200 images testify to the inspired artistic achievement of the The Sopranos® production team: the fine points of Dr. Melfi's office, the back room of Satriale's Pork Store, and the hauntingly still Pine Barrens. Complete with episode guide and food glossary, this rich celebratory edition is a must-have for all The Sopranos® fans."

Re: Sopranos : The Book

So, my book just arrived earlier today. And, while it is very good, my one concern is validated. The book only goes through season 6a. I was expecting this, but it is pretty annoying to KNOW that HBO will (if my thoughts are right) at some point at an addendum for these final 9 episodes and THAT will be the final word on this book. Oh well.

Just like I thought October 30th HBO will be released the "collector's edition" of the Sopranos Book mentioned in this thread with extra pages and a hardcover print. Dammit, hah, I should have seen this coming before purchasing the book. Anyhow, if I were a betting man, I would say this book would also be included in the Full Series box set for Christmas 2008. So, as much as I would like to sink 40 more dollars into HBO's pockets, even I have limits.

http://store.hbo.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2811223&cp=1885646

I got this book on Sunday, in time to read after the final episode aired over her in the UK.

I've noticed a few mistakes, that I would have thought would have been picked up before publishing, being as it is official.

Just things like they call the episode 'From Where to Eternity' 'From Here to Eternity'

There's a few other things, like they put in the quote 'More is lost through indecision than wrong decison' and attribute it to tony, but I'm sure it was Carmella who said that (although I'd have to rewatch the episode to be sure of that!)

Has anyone else spotted any mistakes?

Return to “Sopranos in the News”