Re: Predict how this thing of ours ends...

blenni wrote:Tony is whacked by one of Phil's crew.

Then, Tony wakes up and is really Kevin Finnerty, a successful business man, and not Tony Soprano. It all was dream.
I can already hear the shattered glass as TV's across the country are thrown out the window in sheer disgust if your scenario took place. This will be followed by the angry screams of a millions-long march of peasants with lit torches marching toward HBO headquarters in midtown Manhattan to burn the place down. Then again Chase worked for NBC's St. Elsewhere, which gave us the infamous 'it was all in the mind of an autistic child' ending. :icon_confused:

Here my ending speculation:

NY retaliates for Phil's goomar killing by brutally killing Meadow and AJ in front of Carmella, but they spare her. Tony hears of this and goes ballistic. He goes on a suicide mission to New York armed with his birthday present. The song playing in the background is the Sopranos theme song repeating "Got yourself a gun". Tony busts into the favorite NY hangout and kills as many people as he can before being killed in a hail of bullets. The feds enter the picture and arrest everyone who isn't dead, led by fat Al, who has been the NY rat all along.

Carmella boards a trans-Atlantic flight to Naples to be reunited with Furio. Janice is seen b!tching out Bobby's kids as the evil step mother in her most Livia-like voice at Bobby's funeral, which is attended by virtually no one because everyone else is in hiding, arrested or dead.

The final scenes are a montage of all the living cast memebers getting and reacting to the news. The song playing is Auld Lang Syne

1) Melfi reading about the carnage and putting her head in her hands
2) Elliott saying "I knew that would happen".
3) The Cusamanos talk with Melfi and she rags at him for ever referring Tony to her in the first place.
4) Paulie escapes and heads to Florida to hang out with Beansie
5) Junior is told the news and has no reaction other than to complain that his oatmeal is too hot.
6) Rosalie Aprile and Pussy's wife are having lunch and make the comment "Carm and Gabby have no idea what they are going to go through."
7) Vito Jr. returns from camp and goes on a killing spree, killing 20 kids at his school before killing himself.
8) Agent Harris admits he was never assigned to the Joint Terror Task Force and is seen celebrating the arrest of what remains of the NJ / NY LCN families with the other FBI agents.
9) Murmur becomes the manager of the Bada Bing and is living the high life with strippers on both arm as he walks to the VIP room.
10) JT Dolan's hot girlfriend is arm in arm with the Director of "Cleaver" on the red carpet
11) Ginny Sac and her family is seen at Johnny's grave with an "Eternal Flame" so John can smoke in eternity.

and the last scene is: The Russian toasting his overseas investment friend as they count Tony's money that no one else knows about.

Splishak wrote:It would be nice to see Melfi have to deal with the consequences of her unprofessional behavior - Elliot as well. In One, they would have found Elliot murdered, with that big water bottle shoved way up his ass. (a Sicilian message).

P.S. I saw a documentary about Donnie Brasco and they said that Sonny Black was found with his hands severed. They said it was a Sicilian message that meant, "be careful who you shake hands with" i.e. "be careful who you become friends with and share your life with". I thought some of you may enjoy knowing this Sicilian message.

For any of you who are skilled with Google, I'd love to see a list of various Sicilian messages in LCN and their meanings. Anyone know of such a list? Does anyone think they could find one?

P.S. It seems like it is in the spirit of this thread to wish for some other people to be confronted with the karmic consequences of their actions. For example, wouldn't it be great if there was a shrink rat at that dinner with Jennifer and Elliot and their friends and they ratted out Elliot to the Psychiatric association and Elliot got "disbarred" (or whatever they call it when they turf shrinks). Assuming I guess that they ever do turf shrinks. Somehow, I get the feeling that the profession is so inept and corrupt that they never do turf any of the members.
You might of heard this before. BUT U GOTSTA LUV EM

{Chiddu é lu bonnu chi vidi e taci.}
It is a good person that sees and keep silent.

{A Parola d'onuri vali sangu}
A word of honor is worth blood.

{Dzoccu nun ti appreni, nun dir né mali né beni.}
You should not talk good or bad about things that doesn't concern you.

{U munzignaru chianci megghiu.}
The liar cries best of all.

{Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.}
I know nothing, I didn't see anything, I wasn't there, and if I was there, I was asleep.

"This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this and get away with it, hey,that's great. But its very, very unpredictable. There's so many ways you can screw it up."
PAUL CASTELLANO

"I never lie to any man because I don't fear anyone.The only time you lie is when you are afraid."
JOHN GOTTI

"Murders came with smiles,shooting people was no big deal for us Goodfellas."
HENRY HILL

"Keep your friends close,but your enemies closer"
DON CORLEONE, The Godfather

And of course
So and so "sleeps with the fishes"
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

Splishak wrote:Thanks Bob,

I heard someone say that Lou Cabrazza was a traitor and so he got the Sicilian message that he sleeps with the fishes.

But we know he was no traitor. So no one would have delivered that mesage about him.
Splishak, I also found this or is it these...........
Mobspeak Glossary
  • administration: the upper-level power structure of an organized crime Family, composed of the boss, underboss, and consigliere. associate: an almost-there; someone who works with and for wiseguys, but who hasn't been sworn in as a member of the Family.
  • babania: Heroin, as in dealing. Lucrative but risky for mob insiders because if they're busted, long prison terms might compel them to cut a deal and squeal. Usage: "These babania guys. They go, they get 848, 150 years (in prison). They're in there."--Gotti.
  • babbo: A dope, idiot, useless underling.
  • beef: a complaint or disagreement within the organization, usually discussed during a sit-down with higher-ups in the Family.
  • big earner: someone who makes a lot of money for the Family. A lot
  • books, the: euphemism for membership in the Family, since nothing is ever written down. When there is an availability (when someone dies), the books are "opened." When no one is being "made," the books are "closed."
  • borgata: a crime Family; brugad.
  • boss: the head of the crime Family; he is the only one who gives permission to "whack" or "make" someone, and he makes money from all Family operations; synonyms: don, chairman.
  • Boss of Bosses; Capo di tutti capi: While no one proclaims himself the Boss of Bosses anymore, the press awards this title to whomever they feel is the boss of the strongest of the five Families of New York, who is also said to preside over Commission meetings.
  • broken: demoted in rank; "knocked down."
  • brugad: a crime family; borgata.
  • burn: to murder; synonyms: break an egg, clip, do a piece of work, hit, ice, pop, put out a contract on, whack.
  • button: a "made" member of the Mafia; soldier, wiseguy, goodfella, Man of Honor.
  • cafone: a phony or embarrassment to himself and others; "gavone" (slang pronunciation)
  • capo: ranking member of a Family who heads a crew (or group) of soldiers; a skipper, short for capodecina.
  • Capo di tutti capi: see Boss of Bosses
  • chased: to be banished from the Mafia and barred from associating or doing business with any made members. The punishment is merciful in that the offender is spared death.
  • cleaning: taking the necessary steps (driving around, stopping in various locations) to avoid being followed.
  • clip: to murder; see burn
  • clock: to keep track of someone's movements and activities.
  • comare: a Mafia mistress; "goumada" (slang pronunciation).
  • come in: To go see the boss when summoned.
  • Commission, The: the Mafia "ruling body", typically a panel made up of the bosses of the five New York Families.
  • compare: crony, close pal, buddy. Literally, "godfather" in Italian.
  • consigliere: the counselor in a crime Family; advises boss and handles disputes within the ranks.
  • contract: a murder assignment.
  • Cosa Nostra: Italian for "this thing of ours," "our thing," a mob family, the Mafia.
  • crew: a group of soldiers that takes orders from a capo.
  • cugine: a young toughguy looking to be made.
  • do a piece of work: to murder; see burn.
  • earner: someone whose expertise is making money for the Family.
  • empty suit: someone with nothing to offer who tries to hang around with mobsters.
  • enforcer: a person who threatens, maims, or kills someone who doesn't cooperate with Family rules or deals.
  • fence: someone with worldwide outlets to liquidate swag.
  • friend of mine: introduction of a third person who is not a member of the Family but who can be vouched for by a Family member.
  • friend of ours: introduction of one made member to another.
  • gavone: see cafone.
  • get a place ready: To find a burial site.
  • gift: A bribe, sometimes for a juror.
  • give a pass: To grant a reprieve from being whacked.
  • going: About to be whacked.
  • going south: stealing, passing money under the table, going on the lam.
  • goombah, goomba, gumba: Sicilian slang for the Italian compare; plural: goombata
  • goumada: see comare.
  • hard-on with a suitcase: mob lawyer; feminine: half a hard-on with a suitcase.
  • hot place: a location suspected of being the target of law enforcement or surveillance.
  • ice: to murder; see burn.
  • joint, the: prison; synonyms: the can, the pen, go away to college.
  • loanshark: someone who lends mob money at an exorbitant interest rate; a shylock.
  • made: to be sworn into La Cosa Nostra; synonyms: to be "straightened out," to get your button.
  • make a marriage: to bring two parties together for legitimate or illegitimate Family issues.
  • mattresses, hitting the, taking to the: going to war with a rival Family or gang.
  • meat eater: a corrupt cop (not exclusively mobspeak).
  • Mustache Petes: old-fashioned or older generation Mafiosi.
  • nut, the: mobspeak for "the bottom line"; also the gross profit figure.
  • Omertà: the code of silence and one of the premier vows taken when being sworn into the Family. Violation is punishable by death.
  • off the record: an action taken without the knowledge or approval of the Family.
  • on the record: an action sanctioned by the Family.
  • piece: a gun.
  • pinched: arrested.
  • pop: to murder; see burn
  • problem: A liability, someone likely to be whacked.
  • rat: a member who violates Omertà; synonyms: squealer, canary, snitch, stool pigeon, yellow dog.
  • shylock: see loanshark
  • sit-down: a meeting with the Family administration to settle disputes.
  • skim: Tax-free gambling profits, as in the money taken that is not reported to the IRS.
  • skipper: a capo.
  • stand-up guy: someone who refuses to rat out the Family no matter what the pressure, offer, or threat.
  • swag: stolen goods.
  • vig: the interest payment on a loan from a loanshark (short for "vigorish"). Synonym: juice.
  • vouch for: to personally guarantee -- with one's life -- the reputation of someone dealing with the Family.
  • walk talk, take a walk: to conduct a sensitive discussion while striding up and down the block to avoid being overheard on those pesky eavesdropping devices.
  • whack: to murder; see burn.
  • Young Turks: Younger, less traditional generation of Mafiosi. Less likely to live by the old rules.
  • Zips: American Mafiosi's derogatory term for Sicilian Mafiosi.
bobC
---

some will win, some will lose,
some were born to sing the blues,
the movie never ends,
it goes on and on and on and on........

I think Meadow will get killed. I know others have said Chase would never take a cue from Godfather III, but I think he will. I think there have been so many Godfather references throughout this series that Chase has decided he will succeed where Godfather III failed.

Meadow's death would be important on so many levels. It would knock Tony out of this comfortably numb slumber he has been in with regard to the deaths of close friends, even those he is responsible for. It would force Carmella to confront and be punished by her greed. It might -- this is a stretch -- cause AJ to grow up and reject his old man's life the way his old man couldn't. It's also possible that this would cause a desperate Tony to call out to Melfi for one final session -- and, in my fantasy, this session would be held at the old Catholic church that Tony kept trying to get his kids interested in in earlier seasons. The one his grandfather helped built. "Made in America" -- get it?

I also think Meadow's death would reinforce a theme that was established early on -- that the old ways are crumbling. The Mob would never kill a family member in the old days. Well, those days are gone. It's also perfect revenge for Phil's girlfriend. On a lot of plot levels, I think it works.

I think the Mob conflict may be over in pretty short order. Phil will eventually killed killed and the NY family will end up in the hands of Little Carmine. I think Tony will cut some deal with Carmine to set up a figurehead in NJ -- the loyal Paulie maybe? -- while Tony is allowed to live Little Carmine's old life in Miami.

After The Family's business is taken care of, we turn to the family, and the emotional impact of Meadow's death.

The only thing I can't guess at is how the Agent Harris/terrorism/asbestos angle gets played out.

Finally, just when it seems Tony has escaped, I think he gets gunned down by a distraught Patrick Parisi, still grieving for Meadow.

I think the NY feud is resolved in the first 15 minutes and the rest is a wrap up of it's repercussions, and (given that they're not killed in the 1st 15) AJ's depression, Meadow and Patsi's kid, the state and health of the rest of the gang and Tony's interactions with Harris about terrorism. I think Harris might tell Tony that they're dropping the major-RICO against him for the terrorism tip and that he has a fresh start in terms of potential proscecutions against him if he wants to retire.

If there's a last minute surprise killing of Tony, I've always thought that Artie might be the one to do it. Maybe the two of them are getting drunk at the end and he pushes Artie too far (perhaps about banging Charmaine in the past) like he did Bobby in the season opener. I think Tony heads to Vesuvios, his port in a storm, like it literally was at the close of season 1, except that this time he's all alone, no family with him like in part one. I've always thought about Artie killing Tony since the Test Dream.

Or perhaps Tony gets the upper hand in this fight (Artie does not have Bobby's 300 + pounds) and kills Artie, leaving Tony a man who has killed all of his closest friends - Pussy, Tony B, Christopher and finally Artie.

Return to “Season 6, Part 2, Non Spoiler-Based Speculation/Discussion”