Predict how this thing of ours ends...

... and what will David Chase's final song over the closing credits will be for 'Made in America.' As the promo said, no more excuses and definitely no spoilers. Just tell us what you think will happen in the finale based on the events and circumstances that took place in "The Blue Comet."

Last song: either "Three Bells" (too obvious but damn it, I'm still waiting to hear the third verse of the song since Season 6A) or the A3 theme song in its entirety. What better way for the series to come full circle than by hearing the song that best captures the entire series: its own theme song?

How it ends: the rat (whomever) tells Phil where Tony is hiding out and Phil sends a message to the NJ crew: Tony's life in exchange for your lives. The crew stays loyal and wants to fight but Tony gives himself up for the sake of his men. He tells them where his hidden money is and asks/orders them to take care of Carmela and his children. Tony straps himself with explosives and, when taken by Phil's men, blows himself up killing all of them with him (this would tie to the terrorism angle as well as the ends Tony will go to protect those he loves). Don't ask me how Phil's men don't notice Tony strapped with explosives when they pat him for weapons, this is television! :icon_mrgreen: After his death though the NJ crew don't give Carmela and Tony's children anything and keep Tony's stashed fortune to themselves (a scene of Paulie blowing Carmela off will be a nice coda to their brief 'Mayham' scene). The end will be Carm and the children living in a crammed apartment in Bayone struggling to make ends meet in their new civilian life. Essentially Tony's family will be left with the Henry Hill lifestyle they weren't equipped to handle by their mob lifestyle and enabling father/mother. The end.

Re: Predict how this thing of ours ends...

dad1153 wrote:... How it ends: the rat (whomever) tells Phil where Tony is hiding out and Phil sends a message to the NJ crew: Tony's life in exchange for your lives. The crew stays loyal and wants to fight but Tony gives himself up for the sake of his men. He tells them where his hidden money is and asks/orders them to take care of Carmela and his children. Tony straps himself with explosives and, when taken by Phil's men, blows himself up killing all of them with him (this would tie to the terrorism angle as well as the ends Tony will go to protect those he loves). Don't ask me how Phil's men don't notice Tony strapped with explosives when they pat him for weapons, this is television! :icon_mrgreen:
This is an interesting angle, but I doubt he would need to kill himself with explosives, he could easliy just let himself get killed by the NY Mobsters. It would protect his wife and kids as well as his crews members and would be the great 'redemption' that many here would like to see from Tony in the final episode.

"Tony straps himself with explosives and, when taken by Phil's men, blows himself up killing all of them with him (this would tie to the terrorism angle as well as the ends Tony will go to protect those he loves)..."
...and Tony will use that mysterious hand grenade we saw in the credenza(where Carm pulled her rifle from in season 1).

I believe we have seen the last of Melfi, Uncle Junior, Artie & Charm, Sil(whether he's alive or not) and very possibly Janice. All have come to some kind of resolution as far as the Tony saga goes. I could see some kind of "montage" at the very end with Melfi reading the newspapers & sighing, Janice in black bringing macaroons to Junior in the state "rat-hole" mental hospital, Elliot at the TV saying, "I called this months ago...", Valarie the Russian interior decorator wearing a very large hat, etc, etc, etc.
But it now all boils down to the main characters/protagonists/antagonists and the showdown for the last episode. And remember that while Tony Sirico (Paulie) will not be a "rat" (that is to the Feds), he's not adverse to flipping between "Families" to prolong his life within "This Thing of Ours", as was shown in season 4.

Tony and Paulie together to the end. Paulie realizes he has nothing else and no one else to live for except Tony now that his Mom has died and since Tony is almost like a son to him, even closer than he was to Christopher (his dutch uncle), I think Paulie will show his unwavering loyalty as it seemed to look in the short preview for next week when it showed Tony and Paulie in a car and some lights from another vehicle flash across their faces. If Paulie was gonna be a turncoat, he would have already thought this over and left the house when Tony told his men they could all go home to their families. He would have gone to Phil and told him where Tony was holed up. Instead he said, "Where the fuck do I gotta be". Nice show of loyalty by Tony's remaining crew members at the end of the show. One question, where' s Benny? Also I think we have seen the last of Patsy on the show as he has probably ran off and is holed up by himself after nearly getting killed himself. No way was Patsy in on the Sil hit as his gun shots clearly showed smashign the glass right above the NY hitters heads, and their bullets also going through the windshield way too close to Patsy and firing a couple shots as he was running away. I don't think Patsy stopped running for a long time and is definitely looking out for his own ass right now.

Other than that, I really don't think I could possibly guess whats gonna go down. I'd love to see Tony get to Phil and Butch and kill them and make peace with an underling who wants to be boss. Even then I think Tony would have to be done with the mob, two of his most important men, his brother in law and best friend, are dead and Tony barely has any soldiers left, nevermind if they could step into their positions, so I think the Jersey family would be dead either way it goes. Also, Phil's gone underground so how Tony would find out where he is is anyone's guess since I don't know if Agent Harris would go that far. Sure wouldn't hurt to have someone like Christopher still on your side in this situation, though I doubt if he had lived through the crash without Tony pinching his nose that he would be physically able. Still, Phil would have had to put a hit on him, too but he would have been a good guy to have around.

I think a montage at the end would be suiting for the end of the series. Possible ideas could show Melfi reading the newspaper and seeing Tony dead or Tony's crew members dead with the newspaper showing Bacala as Tony's brother-in-law. Or Tony and the rest of the Soprano family on the lam. Silvio in the hospital hooked up to tubes. Janice with the teenage kid, pre-teen, and toddler she is left strapped with now that Bobby is dead trying to make ends meet or burying Bobbie. Paulie, most likely killed as I have the bad feeling, rotting somewhere. Phil Leotardo being busted by the FBI because of the snitches in his family, or as I would more like to see Phil and Butch getting decimated by Tony's AR-15 that Bobby got for him on his birthday and that he went to sleep with at the end of the episode. Great weapon to have in this kind of situation by the way.

I have no predictions regarding “Made in America”, as I have absolutely zero idea how Chase is going to close this show. Rather, I will list the things I want to happen in the finale:

- Tony has got to go visit Uncle Junior one last time. “Remember When” was a great showcase for Junior, and a fine send-off for the character, but the only thing missing from his appearance in that one was the always captivating interaction between him and Tony. Just hearing Junior mentioned in “The Blue Comet” got me excited at the prospect of one more appearance by Dominic Chianese; I’m keeping my fingers crossed. If Janice went to visit Junior, that would be sufficient, but not nearly as grand as if Tony went himself.

- The moment of breakthrough, redemption, and growth for Tony seems as unlikely as ever, especially now that he has been abandoned by Dr. Melfi. Perhaps redemption will come in the form of an act to save his family, or finally reject the life of crime. And while we’re at it, I’m still bothered that he hasn’t grieved over Christopher, I’m still waiting for that one as well.

- I’d really like to see Phil get his. The mob-war storyline is far from the most important to me, but as those events go down, I really hope Phil gets it. The character really doesn’t have any redeeming qualities whatsoever, and him coming out on top would seriously hinder my satisfaction with the final episode.

- I’d like to see a last scene between Tony and Artie, I’ve always loved it when those two are together. His scene in “The Blue Comet” very well could have been his last, but I would love on more!

- A week ago, I said that I hope the final episode puts the mob storyline on the back burner, and a large chunk of the episode is centered on Tony and Melfi. This is where the series started, and this is where I wanted to see it end. In the wake of recent developments, though, hope for this seems futile.

- While on the topic of references to the first episode, how about those ducks? The ducks don’t physically have to actually come back to Tony’s yard, but I’d like to see them referred to in some form in the final episode. They played a huge part early in the series, symbolizing Tony’s immediate family and his fear of loss. Perhaps awareness of the ducks will return with the death of one of Tony’s own ducklings – AJ or Meadow. This would prove all his biggest fears seven years ago entirely valid. On the other hand, how tragic would it be if the ducks did actually return to the yard now? After years of waiting for them, Tony has finally given up, and they are now met with an empty house and an unwelcoming, empty pool.

MitchellStirling wrote:I think that we could end up seeing a close up on a statue's nipple before a well dressed Dr. Melfi walks out to her waiting room. "Mr. Soprano?" she says before AJ follows her into the room.
I think you're close. But it won't be Melfi opening the door; it will be Tony's NEW psychiatrist as he gets ready to play games all over again. Obviously, Tony will have succeeded in the war in order to get to this point. And if it DOES end this way, I'll never watch a Chase product again.

Return to “Season 6, Part 2, Non Spoiler-Based Speculation/Discussion”