Re: Larry Barese - What is he up to???

HagensBing1977 wrote:Larry hasn't flipped. Chase knows better than to make all of Tony's original captains as rats. Remember, in Season 1 it was Jimmy, Larry, Ray, and Tony who were all Jackie's captains and they made the decision to put Tony at the head of the family.

It doesn't make sense that there would be not a shred of loyalty among those fellas. Jimmy was a rat, and Ray was a rat. It wouldn't not make sense for Ray to be a rat, too.

When Tony was in the hospital and Vito was making a power play for the head of the family, it was Larry who gave the "Too bad for you!" look at Vito when it was announced that Tony was out of the coma.

I sincerely hope that Larry-boy is loyal.
I have been wanting to say this for some time now. How do we know Jimmy was a rat? I have watched and rewatched the episodes leading up to him getting killed. I think Big Pussy was the only rat and Tony and the guys got it all wrong with Jimmy. Tony didn't want to believe that Pussy was a rat. Jimmy never did anything that made me think he was actually a rat. If I am wrong someone please clarify. I know it is a common thought in here that he is a rat.

I agree with you gamecock. I think it is widely assumed that Jimmy Altieri was talking to the Feds, but there is no actual proof. It was Pussy the whole time, but Tony and Company didn't want to believe the crooked cop Vin. Tony found ou that Vin was into Puss for a lot of money and thought he was just trying to find a way out of that. We all know what Pussy was up to. I believe that Tony and Company whacked Jimmy by mistake, that he wasn't a rat at all. It is hard to judge by a scene, but in the scene where Silvio and Chrissie whack him, it appears he is genuinely confused by it, unlike Pussy's reaction at the end of season two when he realized he was outted.

Back to Larry Boy as a rat....How do we know he didn't give the feds Tony Soprano as the killer of Willie Overall? He could have, and the feds could have leaked the false news that Larry had fingered Jackie Aprile for that killing. Why would the feds do this? To give Tony a false sense of security and to keep quiet the fact that they now had another RICO predicate to bolster their years long effort to prosecute Tony Soprano. We saw how upset the feds were that the local police had attempted to charge Tony with the gun violation. And what did the feds do? They tokk the gun charges under their own jurisdiction to add another predicate to their RICO case to prosecute against Tony. So Larry may have fingered Tony but the feds are being quiet about it.

billymac wrote:Back to Larry Boy as a rat....How do we know he didn't give the feds Tony Soprano as the killer of Willie Overall? He could have, and the feds could have leaked the false news that Larry had fingered Jackie Aprile for that killing. Why would the feds do this? To give Tony a false sense of security and to keep quiet the fact that they now had another RICO predicate to bolster their years long effort to prosecute Tony Soprano. We saw how upset the feds were that the local police had attempted to charge Tony with the gun violation. And what did the feds do? They took the gun charges under their own jurisdiction to add another predicate to their RICO case to prosecute against Tony. So Larry may have fingered Tony but the feds are being quiet about it.
Ahhh, that's just a popcorn fart of a post Billymac! Wait, I mean that's a great point and it brings up previous unanswered questions. Welcome back btw!

This has been a question since Curto's birthday party. I find is hard to believe that it's all a coincidence. In fact, he has been a character that's just as important off screen sense season 2. I'm starting to think that is going to hold through to the end.

IMHO, Larry Barese has to have been cooperating for quite some time. I find it odd that there hasn't been more discussion or caution expressed around Larry in the Soprano crew. Tony has been notoriously suspicious of guys who get pinched and continue to pop in. Jimmy Alt, Pussy etc.

I'm curious as to how they are going to take care of Larry Barese, if they are going to do anythign at all.
A little powdered sugar and he woulda been done!

I think you guys are wrong about Jimmy not being a rat
When syl pulled the piece on him he was all like "Fuckin idiots forget Im a fuckin captain" ..then Syl said something like "Call for help on your little wire".. then he went from tough guy to having that "ooooh shit I'm busted" look on his face, he even said "oooh shit"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't Stop....:eek::confused: :icon_cry:

gamecock wrote:First off the Kept talking about how Jimmy got off easy on a serious charge when Big Pussy got out before him.

Secondly I thought the look on his face was completely confused.
This was something that always bothered me as well. It has never been confirmed that Jimmy was a rat. Maybe that will finally be answered in the next two weeks.

Return to “Season 6, Part 2, Non Spoiler-Based Speculation/Discussion”