Larry Barese - What is he up to???

#1
I cant help thinking hes been flipped

We know he was put under house-arrest at the same time as Junior yet the fact we saw him at Raymonds birthday dinner acting all defiant that he was flouting his house-arrest and being proud to let everyone know he was doing so with his remarks, I cant help noticing the coincidences that Larry turns up at all the group gatherings....Rays birthday dinner in Season 5 and then Chris' engagement dinner in Season 6.

I have this feeling that when there was that FBI agent, John was it, that was working in the hotel restaurant at Junior initiation dinner taking all the pics of everyone with his secret button camera....it has me thinking, could Larry have so much bravado at undermining his house arrest at these funtions because in fact, he is now working for the feds and they like to have him at such group gatherings where there are so many of the guys all in one place at one time, hence more likely scope for discussion/mention of 'business' so he can acquire intelligence for them?

Vin Makasin (sp?) alluded during the whole Pu$$y Rat revelation that the Feds like to go after the older guys with families who cant afford to do 25 years jail time - we know from Deadwood Stage posts that casting calls for someone to play Larry Barese's wife so could we be seeing his family life in 6B in the same vein as we saw Genes in 6A in order to portray and display the stresses on his family life of being an FBI informant.

Does anyone see any possbility in the above.

I cant help thinking Larry and also Carlo (the curse of the Aprille family) will be fascinating developments in the final 9

Re: Larry Barese - What is he up to???

#2
It is rather odd that Larry pops in here and there...mostly group parties/ceremonies etc..

But obviously If i was a captain or even an important soldier and i knew someone was on house arrest & they were out at "our" gatherings..I would immediatly suspect something was up...and watch what I said around that individual...

I just think its too obviouse...but its a TV show..you never know.

Re: Larry Barese - What is he up to???

#3
Larry hasn't flipped. Chase knows better than to make all of Tony's original captains as rats. Remember, in Season 1 it was Jimmy, Larry, Ray, and Tony who were all Jackie's captains and they made the decision to put Tony at the head of the family.

It doesn't make sense that there would be not a shred of loyalty among those fellas. Jimmy was a rat, and Ray was a rat. It wouldn't not make sense for Ray to be a rat, too.

When Tony was in the hospital and Vito was making a power play for the head of the family, it was Larry who gave the "Too bad for you!" look at Vito when it was announced that Tony was out of the coma.

I sincerely hope that Larry-boy is loyal.

Re: Larry Barese - What is he up to???

#4
HagensBing1977 wrote:Larry hasn't flipped. Chase knows better than to make all of Tony's original captains as rats. Remember, in Season 1 it was Jimmy, Larry, Ray, and Tony who were all Jackie's captains and they made the decision to put Tony at the head of the family.

It doesn't make sense that there would be not a shred of loyalty among those fellas. Jimmy was a rat, and Ray was a rat. It wouldn't not make sense for Ray to be a rat, too.

When Tony was in the hospital and Vito was making a power play for the head of the family, it was Larry who gave the "Too bad for you!" look at Vito when it was announced that Tony was out of the coma.

I sincerely hope that Larry-boy is loyal.



Thats the point HagensBing......NONE of these guys are TRULY loyal - they work within a system of codes which pertain to loyalty but its anything but.

Just look at Tony and Chris, seemingly those who are most loyal to one another owing to their 'uncle/nephew' relationship...yet its all bogus - Chris' Cleaver storyline is a subconscious precursor to the fact that he would avenge Tony if possible, Tony has had Chris's fiance killed and wanted to sleep with her and lied to him about that fact to the point where he was willing to kill Chris over it...........as far as loyalty is concerned, as I said, its only the allusion of loyalty which these guys live by to be seen as belonging to a crew/Family.

Just think back to Paulie and Vito and their disgust/anguish of having to kick up to Carmela in MAYHAM and just the fact that Pu$$y DID flip against Tony, one of his oldest friends....

....if the financial rewards or indeed the FBI punishment is too strong a force - loyalty is non existent.

For this reason, I believe Larry could easily turn informant - as could any of them - even Sil as Tony's consigliere i.e. his supposed closest ally/friend.... do you think if he, as a family man, had to go to jail to protect Tony for 25 years he would?


No Way - as we saw in 6A in the scenes at the Dante residence, his family is important and all he wants to do is 'enjoy some grandkids' - if Sil had to choose between his daughter/grandkids or going to Jail/keeping his silence for Tony - no question.


These guys arent as old school as say Phil Leotardo or Feech La Manna - they have grown up in different times - Johnny Sack caved didnt he when he realised he could still be out in jail in time to enjoy 'the golden years / grandkids'.....

In family vs Family - the former will win out

Re: Larry Barese - What is he up to???

#7
After last week's episode when they said Larry told the Feds it was Jackie not Tony who whacked the bookie, it is obvious that he is starting to break. I mean he didn't give up Tony, by giving them a dead guy as the murderer he seemingly did no harm. But in reality he is starting to break, he shouldn't have given them anything, by giving them Jackie; dead or not, he is admitting to "this thing of ours" which is a no-no. Tony is relieved Larry Boy didn't give him up, but he knows it is only a matter of time at this point. Meaning it is only a matter of time before Larry dissapears for good.

Re: Larry Barese - What is he up to???

#8
WhistlingInTheWheatfield wrote:Meaning it is only a matter of time before Larry dissapears for good.


Do you mean whacked? Tony would have to get to him from the inside because he will be doing a good stint in the can for breaking house arrest. If they are trying to flip him, surely they will isolate him from the rest of the population?

Who knows? The authorities have blundered time and again on this show.

Re: Larry Barese - What is he up to???

#9
Pork Store wrote:Do you mean whacked? Tony would have to get to him from the inside because he will be doing a good stint in the can for breaking house arrest. If they are trying to flip him, surely they will isolate him from the rest of the population?

Who knows? The authorities have blundered time and again on this show.


That is how I read it. If you notice when Sil informs Tony on the phone that he is off the hook. Tony replies "yeah, but you gotta wonder what's next" That seemed very ominous to me. He knows Larry Boy needs to go, it's only a matter of getting the oppurtunity to do it.

Re: Larry Barese - What is he up to???

#10
WhistlingInTheWheatfield wrote:After last week's episode when they said Larry told the Feds it was Jackie not Tony who whacked the bookie, it is obvious that he is starting to break. I mean he didn't give up Tony, by giving them a dead guy as the murderer he seemingly did no harm. But in reality he is starting to break, he shouldn't have given them anything, by giving them Jackie; dead or not, he is admitting to "this thing of ours" which is a no-no. Tony is relieved Larry Boy didn't give him up, but he knows it is only a matter of time at this point. Meaning it is only a matter of time before Larry dissapears for good.


Yep, Larry Boy violated the omerta so he will pay the consequences. The snake continues to eat its tail.
Locked

Return to “Season 6, Part 2, Non Spoiler-Based Speculation/Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron