Sorry to say that i was right

bigbadbill007 wrote:I cannot see in a million years that Tony will turn rat. it would destroy the whole sopranos franchise. The worst thing a person can be is a rat. no matter what the circumstances, people who turn informer are seen as scum by most people

Tony sopranos is a hero to millions of men and women. He is probably more popular than any movie star or singer. If he turned rat, it would destroy the whole tony soprano enterprise. he would no longer be idolized

They cannot kill him off, in case they end up doing more episodes or a film in years to come. I see him either being jailed or there being a mysterious ending where everyone will be asking is he dead. but the show will be leave the door open for a return

It would make for some great television seeing Tony, Paulie and Silvio in jail

In the UK years ago, the main character in the very popular soap east enders was supposedly shot dead by a guy holding a gun behind daffodils. but they never showed this character (Dirty Den Watts) taking the bullets thus leaving the door open for a return 14 years later

I believe the ending will be along the above lines or TS and his boys in jail
The above is a thread of mine from may 16th in the non spoiler based forum. It is titled "there's no way tony can turn rat".

I am not happy that i was right. I would of wanted us to have a conclusive ending.

BUT MONEY TALKS

they could never kill him off until the money well dries up. David Chase had no control over the ending. HBO or whoever runs the corporation that is the sopranos decides on that.

Re: Sorry to say that i was right

Here was my prediction.. not too shabby.
focker wrote:I don't think Tony will die, I hope to god Paulie doesn't either. I really think Chase is going to leave us hanging in the end, for us to come to our own conlusions. Either Tony's laying in a hospital bed or in a courtroom, or who knows.. maybe the whole family getting on a plane to move far away from Jersey. Although I have been disappointed with the previous episodes, I think there will be a lot of bloodshed, but T will make it out alive.
Link: http://thechaselounge.net/showthread.php?t=1410

I DO think he turned rat. Tony always worried about what his boys thought...but there is nobody left for him to have to worry about. He doesn't respect Paulie enough to give a damn and he has always been selfish ....so now, with no key players left and still getting the last word with the Phil whack.....I think he DID turn informant and took this opportunity to be selfish once again...only this time for his family....and the first day of the rest of his life.

Chase left it up to us to decide...and that's how I see it.

I also think it's still open for a movie or HBO special down the road...because someone could find him....or the kids lives could take a turn that makes them come face to face with their past.

Angel wrote:I DO think he turned rat. Tony always worried about what his boys thought...but there is nobody left for him to have to worry about. He doesn't respect Paulie enough to give a damn and he has always been selfish ....so now, with no key players left and still getting the last word with the Phil whack.....I think he DID turn informant and took this opportunity to be selfish once again...only this time for his family....and the first day of the rest of his life.

Chase left it up to us to decide...and that's how I see it.

I also think it's still open for a movie or HBO special down the road...because someone could find him....or the kids lives could take a turn that makes them come face to face with their past.
Please "show your work". Show us how you arrived at the conclusion that Tony was a rat. Please name one scene, one line, that exposes Tony Soprano for a rat.

There isn't one.

Who is Tony ratting on? The Feds don't want to flip a boss so they can arrest a bunch of soldiers. And I doubt that Tony has anything on any other bosses. You still need to prove the commission of predicate crimes in a RICO case, not just "associations". What does Tony have to give on anyone left standing, for the Feds to give a pass to the Boss of a family?

Return to “Season 6, Parts 1 and 2, Spoilers/Spoiler-Based Speculation”