If you really want spoilers, we have them...

(1) The title reference - "Made in America", like the McGuffin of the Blue Comet, is a physical thing - a stamp on the rifle that Bobby gave Tony).

(2) What happens?

The merging of T's two families is nearing completion in this episode. Contrary to what Tony said in "The Blue Comet", families ARE touched - of course they are. Tony has already hit Phil's, albeit by mistake.

Early on (we might not even hear her voice again) - a shocking scene - Carmela's head rolls, literally. That photograph of her as Marie Antoinette prefigured it - guillotine, car bomb, what's the difference?) She has been in denial of the evil around her (as M-A was) for so long now.

Meadow has it out with her father, harking back to the early episode when they went to look at colleges and T killed a guy. Then she and Janice are sent away to apparent safety.

Tony sits down with a representative of the commission (a Joe Pesci cameo, and if it isn't, it should have been) to agree that Phil was out of line and can be targetted.

AJ joins T on the mattresses looking to revenge his mother. He and Benny go after Phil. AJ is part of the hit on Phil but does not pull the trigger. Phil dies at the gas station, shot by Benny - "upsetting the stomachs" of some onlookers and getting rolled on like the biker in the penultimate episode.

Agent Harris provides wiretap evidence to Tony which implicates Carmine as plotting with Phil for an earlier hit - which was called off ("Cooler heads have prevailed", as Phil put it when C and T went to his house). So Tony goes off to get Carmine. But Harris wants to protect Carmine so goes to stop Tony.

He walks in on AJ pointing a gun at Dad/Tony. AJ blames his father for the his mother's death and the collapse of his world. Harris shoots AJ to save Tony - AJ dies in his father's arms.

This is going to be hard to watch as Father's Day approaches. But fatherhood all along underpins the show - Tony's fatherhood of the two "families", whose worlds are finally and fatally colliding.

Tony is, finally, alone, even if power is returning to him after the war - but what's it worth? Nothing. He is alone and - anagnoresis - realises it is all worthless. Perhaps this is his just punishment - life, rather than death.

(3) Theme and end credits music

My interpretation - Tony has waited too long in the life to save his "families", to put right what was going wrong. That among his flaws is the fatal one, though it is not him it kills.

The final admonishment by Mr Chase reflects that - over the end credits: "Time Waits For No One" (Stones, c. 1973-4). Tony should have listened to that one earlier. Maybe that occurs to Melfi as she reflects on it all over the newspaper at the ice cream shop.

(4) Thanks

As the two families finally collide and merge to destruction, expect the impact to be shocking, brilliant and memorable.

This show has been awesome to behold, an example to everyone who has ever made television. Of its kind, we won't see better for a long time. If you read this, thanks to anyone who was involved.

Re: If you really want spoilers, we have them...

maantoninus wrote:Thanks for calling me a moron. Unpleasant and ignorant thing to do.
No one called you a moron. Something you said was referred to as moronic. Not the same thing.

Also, it seems like you have taken pure speculation and labeled it spoilers. There is a forum for speculation on this board, and this is not it.

I do think your scenario is very interesting, especially the Joe Pesci cameo.

MKay - All due respect, as they say. But not that much is due, it seems.

You make a moronic distinction and a factually incorrect attempt to correct me.

This forum is entitled "Spoilers/Spoiler Based Speculation". My scenario is spoiler based speculation and some interpretation.

Remember this tonight as you see the death scenes of Carmela, Phil and AJ take place just as I predict. And smile to think how you dismissed my flight of fancy as you listen to the Stones end the series: sneak preview for you -

http://www.neurotichighway.com/wp-image ... me_cbr.mp3

maantoninus wrote:MKay - All due respect, as they say. But not that much is due, it seems.

You make a moronic distinction and a factually incorrect attempt to correct me.

This forum is entitled "Spoilers/Spoiler Based Speculation". My scenario is spoiler based speculation and some interpretation.

Remember this tonight as you see the death scenes of Carmela, Phil and AJ take place just as I predict. And smile to think how you dismissed my flight of fancy as you listen to the Stones end the series: sneak preview for you -

http://www.neurotichighway.com/wp-image ... me_cbr.mp3
There is no way it is gonna happen like this. No way.

Part of Phil's beef with Tony is over T's not respecting the old ways. There isn't a more basic rule in the Mob than families don't get touched. Phil would never target Carmella, AJ or Meadow intentionally. The reason is, everyone's family would be fair game. It's business, not personal.

And goomars aren't family, so Phil doesn't owe Tony one. If Phil has half a brain, he knows he was the target and not his squeeze.

maantoninus wrote:Thanks for calling me a moron. Unpleasant and ignorant thing to do.

After the show tonight, remember where you were when you read my predictions. Go to the bathroom. Look in the mirror. Say "I am the moron, not the wise and prescient maantoninus".
I could say something... but now that practically everything you stated was dead-on wrong, what's the point?

Return to “Season 6, Parts 1 and 2, Spoilers/Spoiler-Based Speculation”