AICN Spoiler

From Harry Knowles's lame-ass site, Ain't It Cool News. I dunno... the episode details sound pretty plausible. Not so sure about the "promo copy." Better than nothing until Sunday:

I have The Answers ***MAJOR SPOILERS***

Well some of them. I saw a promotional copy of the last episode and while it did not include the last minute I saw enough so here we go. No joke. - AJ's car catches on fire while he is hooking up with his new girl. Very symbolic if you remember how they got that car. - Tony gets AJ a job in the entertainment industry because AJ was going to join the army to fight terrorism. - Tony goes to Junior and Junior has no idea who Tony is.This is after Janice goes to him to try and get after his money. - Phil Leotardo gets hit. He is killed by Benny at a gas station and then gets his head run over by the car he was in. - They find Phil because the FBI agent that Tony has been helping tells him where Phil is. - While Phil is away Tony has a sit down with New York and they agree to lay off and also say they would not mind if Phil is gone. The last scene they are sitting in a diner with Dont Stop Believing by Journey playing. REALLY REALLY intense and right when the conclusion is about to play out my copy ended. Come back Sunday night and call me a liar but no one will need to....

Come back Sunday night and call me liar. You will not need to. Also like I said when the episode cuts off Tony, Carmela, AJ, and Meadow are at some diner and they are building the tension up something fierce. Really intense scene.

No mention of the safehouse you say? That is because nothing happens there. Phil gets whacked and they make nice with New York and everyone went home. One thing I left out is that someone is testifying to Grand Jury and Tony's lawyer says he has a 80-90% chance of being indicted in 3-6 months. They said they thought it was Patsy Parisi. Paulie thinks that a cat is bad luck and wants it gone. He also turns down a promotion based on superstition. That is the extent of his involvement in the show.

Phil gets shot, his wife runs around to him and leaves the car in gear and it rolls over him.

LAST ITEM: The copy I saw was dated 5/15/2007 and cut off at 59:32 but ran with blank screen until 61:04. I watched the last scene, or what I had off it and...... - Carmela tells Tony that Meadow was going to the doctor to switch birth control. - When Meadow shows up she is having trouble parallel parking her Lexus. - AJ bitches about his new job - Tony tells Carm about he Grand Jury. - When Meadow walks in they focus on two black guys instead of Meadow. Meadow walks through the shot but the focus was on them. - There is a shifty looking Italian guy at the counter of the place that Tony seems to be paying attention to. - Some biker looking guy drinking coffee solo. - The last line before it cuts off is "best onion rings in jersey"

Re: AICN Spoiler

mrcinsc wrote:Why would Janice go to Uncle Jun for money when in the previous episode she stated Jun is out of money?
The previous episode also stated they thought there was money hidden in the house that Junior couldn't seem to recall the location of. Janice has proven she will go to no end to make a buck so interrogating her deranged uncle in a home would definitely not be out of the question.

The money thing has been done before with Tony and Janice's Mom...In addition Tony and Jun also dug up Jun's yard searching for 40 large and never found it. I really don't have the answers but I doubt Jun has any sort of money in the house. Dammit still 3 days away!!!!

mrcinsc wrote:The money thing has been done before with Tony and Janice's Mom...In addition Tony and Jun also dug up Jun's yard searching for 40 large and never found it. I really don't have the answers but I doubt Jun has any sort of money in the house. Dammit still 3 days away!!!!
Yes and it was Junior looking for his money with Tony...that doesn't mean Janice won't try to squeeze blood from a stone again if she even THINKS theres anything there. She was tapping against walls with a glass to her ear at her mothers house when all she had to support was herself. Now she has a mortgage and three kids...don't think she won't go the distance.

Guys, I'm not buying this at all. It sounds plausible enough to be a legit Sopranos episode, but there is no reason for HBO to send out promotional copies. This is going to be the biggest finale event of the year. It's plot is as heavily guarded as any Sopranos episode ever was, to the point that alternate endings were reportedly shot without even the actors and crew members knowing which would make it into the final cut. There are very, very few people who will know how the series ends before Sunday - those people being David Chase, a few writers, an editor perhaps, etc.) Surely HBO would know that in releasing a promo-copy, the episode would be blown on the internet almost immediately. Forget the fact that this supposed copy didn't include the last two minutes, this whole episode is meant to be one huge mystery to us.

Plus, if there were promotional copies floating around out there, aren't you surprised that an entire video of the episode hasn't already been released on the internet, rather than a mere plot outline?

AJ's car catches on fire while he is hooking up with his new girl. Very symbolic if you remember how they got that car. - Tony gets AJ a job in the entertainment industry because AJ was going to join the army to fight terrorism. - Tony goes to Junior
You've got me curious....how did they "get" AJ's car?

Hank55 wrote:You've got me curious....how did they "get" AJ's car?
Tony bought AJ his car and let him drive it once, then parked it in the garage until he got his grades up. There was nothing ill-gotten about AJ's car. Meadows car on the other hand used to belong to one of the kids she went to school with, who had a degenerate gamler for a father and he used the kids car to pay on a debt he owed Tony.

There is nothing about the way AJ got his car that should suggest any symbolism in it being blown up.

Tony bought AJ his car and let him drive it once, then parked it in the garage until he got his grades up. There was nothing ill-gotten about AJ's car. Meadows car on the other hand used to belong to one of the kids she went to school with, who had a degenerate gamler for a father and he used the kids car to pay on a debt he owed Tony.

There is nothing about the way AJ got his car that should suggest any symbolism in it being blown up.
That was pretty much my point to the OP Cards. I think The OP had AJ's car confused with Meadow's in the "Happy Wanderer" episode.

Return to “Season 6, Parts 1 and 2, Spoilers/Spoiler-Based Speculation”