Re: Blue Comet Spoiler

Damn, I'm seeing this one everywhere lately. IMDb, AOL, here (in several different threads), even the Deadwood Stage site. I'm really surprised it was added to Deadwood Stage. They've always seemed very particular about exactly what they will and will not post, which is why things that get reported over there usually end up happening.

I'm still not so sure about this one, though ...

This spoiler first showed up a couple of nights ago on TWOP. I happened to be online in that forum and called the poster on a couple of things (you could check the posts and see the whole conversation). At the same time, Rhoswen from DeadwoodStage was in TWOP. In TWOP, she wrote it seemed believable (again, check the TWOP Spoiler Section from 2 nights ago, you'ss see Rhoswen's posts as well).

I, too, was shocked when Rhoswen posted it as it conflicted with some info from her own Forum. I don't believe this spoiler for a number of reasons I've documented here, there and everywhere.

Mostly, though, when was the last time a spoiler this full of details and widely reported turned out to be true? The answer is never.

mrbluesman wrote:Mostly, though, when was the last time a spoiler this full of details and widely reported turned out to be true? The answer is never.
Mrbluesman, I agree fully with you on this spoiler, and I don't buy it either - several of my reasons being originally pointed out to me by you.

But to say a spoiler this full of details never being true? I must remind you of the massive, nearly scene-by-scene summaries for the first two episodes of 6b, that were circulating online a good two weeks before the premiere. I agree, something this specific being dead-on is rare as hell, but it's not impossible.

you really can't use the 1st 2 episodes of 6b as examples to disprove mrbluesmans point. those 2 episodes we screened to a large amount of people well before the debut on HBO. i had the the "home Movies" episode on my computer a week before it ran. those 2 episodes were, in fact, reported pretty much scene by scene because so many people saw and leaked it. other then that, i agree spoilers have been off when reported in such detail.

in this instance, i find it hard to belive silvio would be confused as to why tony wanted to off paulie on the florida trip. tony did convey to sil a couple of times, i belive, about paulies gums flapping. sil's a smart guy, he could have figuerd out the rest. i do,however, think that sil will go this week. when a name pops up that much in so many differnt senerios, it usually happens in some form

Shame on me, I shouldn't be reading spoilers this close to the end; kind of like eating candy before dinner & "spoiling your appetite" when I was a kid.
But this one rings true & fits seamlessly with the whole season story arc; Paulie is only suspected of flipping & never did get his comeuppance for "playing both sides" with New York in season 4. And Tony with his keen instincts was grilling him about the Ginny Sack comment as recently as the boat episode where he contemplated whacking Paulie.
And, true to form, AJ botches his escape attempt. And they would go to the Bing for Sil & the train hobby store to clip Bobby. And Tony would freeze when asked to give the order for war with New York ("They got 700+ soldiers over there...") as he knows it's certain suicide for New Jersey.
His only option is the feds; he'll flip not so much against his own crew(or what's left of it) but to bring down the hated Philly Leotardo & Brooklyn and save his own family.

bloodshot wrote:you really can't use the 1st 2 episodes of 6b as examples to disprove mrbluesmans point. those 2 episodes we screened to a large amount of people well before the debut on HBO. i had the the "home Movies" episode on my computer a week before it ran. those 2 episodes were, in fact, reported pretty much scene by scene because so many people saw and leaked it. other then that, i agree spoilers have been off when reported in such detail.

in this instance, i find it hard to belive silvio would be confused as to why tony wanted to off paulie on the florida trip. tony did convey to sil a couple of times, i belive, about paulies gums flapping. sil's a smart guy, he could have figuerd out the rest. i do,however, think that sil will go this week. when a name pops up that much in so many differnt senerios, it usually happens in some form

True, hadn't taken into account the advance screenings for the first two episodes. This totally slipped my mind. But just to make myself clearer than clear, I wasn't trying to disprove his point in order to defend this spoiler, I can't tell you how shocked I would be if "Blue Comet" played out anything like this. I have a feeling it's total BS. And yes, way too detailed. What, so we're to believe that this person's friend sat down with him and gave a scene-for-scene breakdown?

I think this 'cop-contact' may be someone hired by the New York crew to start tearing Tony's crew apart.

In retrospect, this cop could just turn around and say he was given the wrong information from his source.

Tony and the guys would never go as far as the Feds to question a cop's accuracy when it comes to asking who the rat is.

Universal Polymath wrote:True, hadn't taken into account the advance screenings for the first two episodes. This totally slipped my mind. But just to make myself clearer than clear, I wasn't trying to disprove his point in order to defend this spoiler, I can't tell you how shocked I would be if "Blue Comet" played out anything like this. I have a feeling it's total BS. And yes, way too detailed. What, so we're to believe that this person's friend sat down with him and gave a scene-for-scene breakdown?
fair enough.. i too think it's total BS. a large reason being the detailed description. they really don't seem to play out when someone quotes a friend of a friend of a first cousin of tim van pattern. silvio and bobby do say their goodbyes in this episode, but not using this spoiler. plus i needed something to post so i can become a junior associate w/25

Return to “Season 6, Parts 1 and 2, Spoilers/Spoiler-Based Speculation”