Good article with Silvio, features spoiler..

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05182007/tv ... kaplan.htm
May 18, 2007 -- STEVEN Van Zandt, the guitar legend who plays Tony Soprano's right hand man, Silvio Dante, hints that a wave of extreme violence is about to rock the final three episodes of "The Sopranos."

"If they were ever considering the idea of doing a ['Sopranos'] movie, let's just say it would need to be a prequel," Van Zandt told The Post.

Van Zandt, 56, is also known as Little Steven from his days with Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band. He says he was approached by "Sopranos" creator David Chase about 10 years ago to play the level-headed Mafioso - even though he had absolutely no acting experience.

"I guess he saw something in me," Van Zandt says. Silvio's recognizable expression, a curled lower-lip frown, was something Van Zandt came up with himself.

"I did everything I could from the outside in to transform myself," he says. "I didn't want anybody to look at the show and say, 'I saw that guy playing Indianapolis once.' That included a facial transformation. I didn't want him smiling the same way I smile. I didn't want anything the same."

He says he gained at least 50 lbs. for the role. "I was thin my whole life, so when you gain weight, your whole thing changes, you walk differently, you talk differently, you think differently. It's a big transformation. I wanted to look in a mirror and see someone else. I knew if I could see him [Silvio], I could be him."

Van Zandt says he plans to work with a trainer at least twice a day now to try and drop the weight. "I gained a bunch of weight which now I gotta lose before I get back on stage - hopefully Bruce [Springsteen] won't move too fast," he jokes.

While he's not ruling out acting again, Van Zandt says he plans to focus mainly on music. He oversees two channels on Sirius satellite radio and is the executive producer of the round-table talk radio program, "The Wiseguy Show," which is moderated by his old "Sopranos" colleague, Vincent "Big Pussy" Pastore.

Well, at least it looks like they won't be leaving any loose ends...

Return to “Season 6, Parts 1 and 2, Spoilers/Spoiler-Based Speculation”