The Continuing Saga of Carmella's Nature - Jesus or Satan?

We've had some discussions re Carm's nature and the hope that her trip to Paris would open her soul to transcend the bonds of her criminal nature.

But one whiff of her "spec house" last night and she was happy as a pig to throw off any thought of doing the right thing re Ade and dive back into her project.

Whether it is the monetary profit or the sense of accomplishment that attracts her, I don't know. But if anyone has any doubts as to how well Tony knows his wife, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.

By the way, it was never made clear if the problem with the building inspector was one of safety. Is the fact that she used the wrong kind of wood going to lead to some kind of building collapse or building fire? Carm sure doesn't seem to care.

It is as if she contemplated renouncing her criminal and sinful way of life during her Paris trip but one whiff of that spec house and it was goodbye Jesus - Satan rules!

</p>

Re: The Continuing Saga of Carmella's Nature - Jesus or Sata

It was the kind of wood I think? And it has been sitting there unfinished for nearly a year so she will have to start over anyway won't she?

I just shook my head when she tossed the investigators business card. Sometimes I think she is worse than Tony. Her entire life revolves around money and "stuff" (he who dies with the most toys...)

<P ALIGN=CENTER><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/hcodea.js"></script></P></p>

I forgot to make the point that I have seen attributed to DC several times.

Paraphrasing ... "People are who they are and almost never change."

I've seen that attributed to Mr. Chase in several articles as one of the main themes of TS.

The odds of Carmella changing her nature was so slim that even the beauty and elegance of Paris couldn't make a dent.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... plishak</A> at: 6/5/06 10:26 am

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>I see her materialism as a way to avoid confronting the immorality in her life.<hr></blockquote>

Heh heh heh! I thought you wrote "immortality" instead of "immorality" and for the longest time, I was sitting here scratching my head like a big buffoon. I finally figured it out.

I'm not sure I can agree with you about Ade, however. If Carmella was consciously certain that Ade had been killed (and that Tony must have known about it), she would never have brought it up to him - more than once as well!

Or is your thinking that she is certain Ade was killed by OC but that Tony does not necessarily know who did it?

Do you think she believes Tony knows who did it? Or would you go further and say that she believes Tony actually had a hand in it?

Please excuse me, but upon re-reading my post, it seems to me that I have put words in your mouth and that is definitely not acceptable.

Let me start over and simply ask you to clarify what you believe Carm thinks Tony's role in Ade's disappearance was?

I apologize for this back-assed way of asking for your thinking.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p098.ezboard.com/bthechaselounge ... plishak</A> at: 6/5/06 5:18 pm

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Deep down she knows that Ade is dead (and not only dead, but killed). But she is afraid to look too closely. The spec house gives her an excuse to look the other way. <hr></blockquote>

That's a good thought. I also believe that Carmella is certain that Adriana was killed and that she is also pretty certain that Tony knows who killed her (and perhaps may even suspect Tony's involvement). I saw her using that knowledge as her new lever to get Tony to focus on getting her spec house moving forward again: a form of nagging that she knew was touching some nerve inside Tony that would make him move in the direction she wanted.

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Let me start over and simply ask you to clarify what you believe Carm thinks Tony's role in Ade's disappearance was?<hr></blockquote>
Carm has had dreams about Ade being dead. Ade's mother told her she believes Ade's dead. She was suspicious about explanations that Tony gave. Her modus operandi is being in denial, that's why I said that "deep down" she knows Ade is dead. She thinks she can play along the surface and be content.

She knows what Tony's business involves, but to actually consider that he himself has murdered anyone is a door she refuses to open. How can she go on in comfort if she faces the truth?

So, back to your question: I don't think she really REALLY thought about Tony's involvement. If her mind flickered on this question, I think she tried to busy herself with something else. So, Carm is not even considering that possibility. Not consciously. And Tony knew he needed to divert her attention to protect himself and everyone else involved.

</p>

The spec house is just another of the many ships Carmella carefully steers on "da nile".

Deep down she knows her husband has been instrumental in the deaths of SEVERAL of her houseguests including Puss, Richie, Ralphie, Ade, she may even suspect he was involved in Jackie Jr.

Carmella is a master in keeping herself occupied so as not to DEAL with reality. When she was told by the Jewish therapist she could only redeem herself by taking the kids and leaving EVERYTHING behind including money, she conveniently decided he was wrong about it being "blood money" since the alternative was even MORE UNTHINKABLE than the TRUTH of her lifestyle.

</p>

Return to “Episode 6.12: Kaisha”